#1 2023-01-23 20:54:29

I may be anti-government and all that on several levels, but fuck these guys, and the 3%, and their Bastard offspring, Proud Boi's. I've run into these wack jobs enough to know that they really don't give a damn about who the hurt, and they will enjoy it as they do so:

https://apnews.com/article/oath-keepers … 89959e0e62

#2 2023-01-24 12:04:17

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
― Isaac Asimov, Foundation

The sheer arrogance of these people makes me sick. I can understand their anger and frustration with an America that is disappearing before their eyes because, like a conjurer's trick, it never really existed. But the gun culture has fried their brains to the point they think that might makes right, as long as they perceive themselves as having the might.

They have two choices; they can quietly fade away or they can find out that there is an equally violent group on the left that is just waiting for a valid excuse to mobilize.  We've already seen a small example of the latter, showing up to defend drag queen shows.

#3 2023-01-24 21:28:48

What I smell on the main, is fear from them. I see it on the forums. Jesus, Trans-Folks terrorize their dreams for FFS. Librarians are the Enemy. God help you if you are a woman...

The old world is dying. Some of it I will miss, but nothing remains, and in a few years or sooner, I shan't be.

#4 2023-01-25 22:41:28

I hear you, it's sad to think that way but, it's also realistic.  There was an Isaac Asimov short story about a society that lived completely in-doors and had decided that there were no more resources available to keep animals of any kind.  One of the last biologists, who had many different species of earth in his home, humanely gasses each animal saving himself for last.

For the first time in my life, I wonder if it might be something other than nuclear weapons that ends this world.  Have we already lived past the "you have to start fixing it by {here}" moments for pollution, climate change, etc.?  Certainly, the next 50 - 100 years are going to be rough even if the kids do figure out how to fix everything.

#5 2023-01-26 00:27:33

I think there will be something on the other end. It will resemble nothing like the present, or the recent past, but perhaps an archaic past.

I have thought long and hard about this narrowing of the way. I can't get depressed about it, after all, many of us have been trying to turn the Dharma Wheel for decades. I started marching against the war at the age of 14 in 1965 for FFS. I am still trying as everyone I know are in their own way.

There have been fitful dreams portrayed in books, films, stories, dreams. The event horizon is shifting, even as we type back and forth. Systemic meltdowns are now a way of life. If anyone has read Dale Pendell's "The Great Bay", or Doris Lessing's "Memoirs of a Survivor" they recognize the dreamscape ahead.

It doesn't have to be horrible, just adjusted to.

#6 2023-01-27 17:35:36

Maybe we'll come out of this with an actual steampunk society.  I'm just trying to find all the good that still exists in the world, and for all the rest, there's Reddit.  From what I've seen, Gen Z might actually be the heroes we need, just not the ones we deserve.  My 16-year-old granddaughter and her parents live with us and, yes, she's a slacker like any 16-year-old, but she and her friends are remarkable.  You don't have to talk war protest to them, they fucking hate wars and they are totally about an inclusive community. They're going to have to back off on their hostility for any opinion that doesn't completely overlay their own, but that comes with maturity.  In the meanwhile, it's their time to spread their wings and fly.

#7 2023-01-27 18:12:16

I love what you just posted. yes, remarkable generations are rising up.

#8 2023-02-16 20:12:07

He found out.  We need more of this…only w/more effective shot placement.

Another one finds out.  Top notch!

Last edited by JetRx (2023-02-16 22:48:28)

#9 2023-02-17 08:04:46

. . . and the non sequiturs keep on coming. 

i do not despair of younger generations.  They bring hope and a chance to find a better path.

Last edited by Fled (2023-02-17 08:08:01)

Board footer

cruelery.com