#1 2023-12-20 20:45:19

Reading about his passing today is such a sadness. Although we were often at loggerheads on topics, he was a joy to engage with. Take care of your health folks. I don't know if I can handle more of ya checking out at this point.

#2 2023-12-20 21:05:34

I likewise didn't agree with him much, but it's truly unfortunate that he's gone. Dusty, if there's anything you can share that wouldn't dox him (AFAIK, he never divulged his identity here), this thread would be a good place to do that.

#4 2023-12-21 19:14:20

Oh no, this smarts. I really liked him, as quick to quarrel he may have been, Em could make his point, and hold it up. I spoke to him in meatspace. He was the real deal. And had a voice  that was big and deep.

#5 2023-12-21 19:17:45

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Oh no, this smarts. I really liked him, as quick to quarrel he may have been, Em could make his point, and hold it up. I spoke to him in meatspace. He was the real deal. And had a voice  that was big and deep.

The FB refugee's from Cruel are in mourning as well. I liked him very much, we used to argue all the time off list, well that was a while back, but.

#6 2023-12-21 21:09:27

My condolences to his family and friends. I know he had a good reputation here.

#7 2023-12-22 23:18:59

That's just too damn young to die.  I miss his wit.

#8 2023-12-23 14:10:23

Had our solstice gathering last night. I lit a candle for Emmeran.

I guess because it has been many years since we had a gathering due to the Covid BS, that we had multiple candles lit for folks who had passed away.

#9 2023-12-23 16:31:36

Thanks very much, Dusty. Hoping you are all spending time with those you care about this season, and fondly remembering those who have passed on.

#10 2023-12-23 16:47:22

square wrote:

Thanks very much, Dusty. Hoping you are all spending time with those you care about this season, and fondly remembering those who have passed on.

It really was staggering, we had 30 guest we requested everyone to take a Covid test or at least be symptoms free... some 30 people in all, small compared to the past, but weirdly wonderfully overwhelming. Some 11 people had passed on, our greatest number before was 4, I mean... Outside of Em, I had two very close ones to honour.

It was good though, and the community thrives. My wife and I are handing over the reins in large part to our son and his new bride this next year. Their generation is pretty amazing.

Bright Blessings,
Dusty

#11 2023-12-26 15:35:51

I am saddened to learn about Em.  I have been on the road and not checking in.  A great loss to this wayward community to be sure.

#12 2023-12-26 18:52:43

Fled wrote:

I am saddened to learn about Em.  I have been on the road and not checking in.  A great loss to this wayward community to be sure.

Yeah, he was a good one.

Board footer

cruelery.com