#1 2007-10-11 12:15:22

A game show which is coming to the UK has been cancelled in Colombia after a contestant won £25,000 after admitting she had hired a hitman to kill her husband.

Nothing But The Truth has been a huge hit in South America, subjecting competitors to a lie detector test as they attempt to win big money... (read more)

'Parently, it's sort of like "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" (Cole Porter knew the answer to that one), but with higher stakes and lower cash rewards. Contestants are asked increasingly invasive questions. I give it six months before some fat shlub, a bald germophobe, or Bob Saget is hosting the US version. Anybody here think they could win?

#2 2007-10-11 12:41:37

Sorry Pale, I call Bullshit. There's nothing American's won't admit to for just a few precious moments of TV airtime, you don't have to offer them a dime. Exhibit A: Jerry Springer.

Last edited by orangeplus (2007-10-11 12:46:12)

#3 2007-10-11 14:29:15

OK, can't argue with that angle, but we're so fond of dirty laundry and pay such lip service to honesty, wouldn't the hammy, manipulated chaos on Springer virtually disappear if you strapped a polygraph to the guests?

From what I've observed, both the guests and the audience members don't even need "secrets" to expose themselves at the drop of a hat...tho one would have to be pretty bored to regard any of the nudity as erotic. It seems our only concession to science on talkshows is a "paternity test."

#4 2007-10-11 14:42:06

Lie detectors are already standard fare on Maury, at least - and the questions put to guests usually regard whether the person had sex with someone other than the person claiming to be his or her partner, whether they lied about it, how many times, and with whom.  Then the cuckholded partner sobs, the cheater says the test was wrong, and they both lie to themselves and go home together.  It's just part of the North American courtship ritual.  I doubt that really honest, cruel questions would ever be asked on US TV, such as "Do you love your stepchildren," and "Are you barely tolerating your wife?"

#5 2007-10-11 14:48:27

Well, that's what I'D really like to know.

http://decibelsstorm.free.fr/images/poch/Large/revolting-cocks_cd_linger_ficken-good_L.jpg

#6 2007-10-11 14:54:42

Beers, Steer and Queers

Board footer

cruelery.com