#1 2008-06-24 08:46:22

Just don't snap pictures of it in the UK.

#2 2008-06-24 09:29:15

Oh how I love the knock-on stories - like this guy finding away to get rich and famous off of his sexual ineptitude

#3 2008-06-24 14:14:05

'Since the 9/11 attacks there has been a crackdown on security and it seems everyone with a camera is now regarded as a potential criminal.'

wow so I guess that would make me an uber-terrorist at disney world... how fucking stupid can people be??

#4 2008-06-24 14:48:14

sierrabravo wrote:

wow so I guess that would make me an uber-terrorist at disney world... how fucking stupid can people be??

Well, technically, it would, if you were stopped by park security taking pictures of something other than your family. Citizens and tourists from NYC to London (and just about every major city in the US and Europe) have been grappling with the rights of amateur--and even professional--photographers. People get stopped all the time for shooting things, some reported upon by 'witnesses.' If a fat, middle-aged white guy taking pictures of buses is setting off people's alarm bells, they've become too afraid.

#5 2008-06-24 17:46:49

Fortunately you are still allowed to take pictures of the invisible busses

https://cruelery.com/uploads/359_invisible_bus_a149065.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#6 2008-06-24 18:03:23

I'm just waiting for the day when they don't let you take your camera inside the gates of a military airfield when you go to watch an airshow...

When I was a kid in the Boy Scouts, they would invite us to help with crowd control at the NAS Miramar Air Show, and I remember how on the fighter planes where they had ladders up to the open cockpits for people to look inside, they'd just cover the "see-krit stuff" (newfangled MFDs, etc.) with ordinary paper plates and let folks snap away.  Until last year, though, they still had the F-117 behind a rope cordon with no-nonsense GIs with M-16s keeping you 20 feet away.  I hear M-16 bullets tumble as they go through your flesh...

#7 2008-06-24 18:38:03

whiskytangofoxtrot wrote:

I'm just waiting for the day when they don't let you take your camera inside the gates of a military airfield when you go to watch an airshow...

When I was a kid in the Boy Scouts, they would invite us to help with crowd control at the NAS Miramar Air Show, and I remember how on the fighter planes where they had ladders up to the open cockpits for people to look inside, they'd just cover the "see-krit stuff" (newfangled MFDs, etc.) with ordinary paper plates and let folks snap away.  Until last year, though, they still had the F-117 behind a rope cordon with no-nonsense GIs with M-16s keeping you 20 feet away.  I hear M-16 bullets tumble as they go through your flesh...

Our enemies don't need to take pictures of our aircraft.  They just get it delivered by Pakistani DHL right into their hands.

#8 2008-06-24 19:19:16

Only marginally on topic but Wilber sent me one of his prize migrains and this's all I got.

Last edited by choad (2008-06-24 19:19:44)

Board footer

cruelery.com