#1 2007-10-19 02:01:22

Anti-social networking.

http://www.hatebook.org/

#2 2007-10-19 02:34:29

Thanks, Sofie. That's going right into the thread at my board called "MyRapes."

#3 2007-10-19 03:49:10

pALEPHx wrote:

Thanks, Sofie. That's going right into the thread at my board called "MyRapes."

Apparently, the one thread which I read from your site wasn't at all indicative of the site's content.  Yeah, I'll have to go back to give it another look.

#4 2007-10-19 15:37:18

Decadence wrote:

Apparently, the one thread which I read from your site wasn't at all indicative of the site's content.

I usually point people to the Xhibitions fer a larf, first. The "verbal" section takes some getting used to, I'm told. Most people aren't accustomed to seeing a forum where every active member isn't posting lolz and five-word Me-Too replies the entire time. It'll never have High Street's market on cruelty, but it has its moments.

Then there's the observation I've gotten: "I thought a gay board would have more flaming." Only the graphics, dude, only the graphics. We leave the pr0n to our so-called 'content peers.' Enjoy.

#5 2007-10-20 02:36:18

Pale wrote:

Then there's the observation I've gotten: "I thought a gay board would have more flaming."

Damn it!  I hate being beaten to the punch on good quip.

Pale wrote:

We leave the pr0n to our so-called 'content peers.' Enjoy.

Your site seems to be down at the moment, so I'll have to check it out later.  I'm not gay myself, but I have a friend who is still "in the closet" that it might be of interest to.  {That's right.  I ended a sentence with a preposition, and I'd gladly do it again.  So there!}

#6 2007-10-20 07:29:28

If I had to break down the active members by what I presume (their words, not my just thinking everyone is gay, which is the practice of someone half my age, generally), then I'd say at least 40% were neither male nor 'mo. The only reason I considered toning it down (altering meta tags, jiggering some content, basically) was because I don't think I wanted it exclusively queer in the first place. At least, not with respect to anything as common as sexuality.

Like I warned Choad earlier, Dreamhost has been doing some core upgrades. They were fuckin' fantabulous up to about February of this year, but have had increasing difficulty keeping up with their own growth. They're still a damn sight better than most 'hosting solutions.'

Anywhore... This HateBook site has totally ganked my "antisocial networking" sobriquet. They shall burn in a hell of their own making with absolutely no prodding from me.

#7 2007-10-20 18:36:12

pALEPHx wrote:

This HateBook site has totally ganked my "antisocial networking" sobriquet.

If the Cruel archives still existed, I think you'd find prior art with the posting of Snubster.

#8 2007-10-21 07:32:37

square wrote:

If the Cruel archives still existed, I think you'd find prior art with the posting of Snubster.

Prolly. I'm not going to plead "convergent evolution," either. They're entitled to come up with a good idea, all on their own. And to fall flat on their unmarketed faces. I don't spend for it; I don't 'own' the concept. Cruel's archives are pretty useless, despite our reverence for them. I am so far past caring that someone might take up what I put out into 'the [digital] ethers' that remarking on it is nothing more than me, chuckling. No one watermarked 'Tubgirl.'

Board footer

cruelery.com