#2 2008-08-29 11:16:17

Perfect timed post there Opie as he just picked the hottest milf in politics to share the back cabin on the straight talk express. Yow-sur!

Last edited by Johnny_Rotten (2008-08-29 11:17:07)

#3 2008-08-29 11:26:06

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Perfect timed post there Opie as he just picked the hottest milf in politics to share the back cabin on the straight talk express. Yow-sur!

Truly.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2d/Palin1.JPG

Why have I never heard of this woman?

#4 2008-08-29 11:46:51

George Orr wrote:

Truly.

Who says republicans don't know how to sex up a party!

Of course there are some women who are not so happy that McCains don't make any effort to call after having their way with them.

#5 2008-08-29 12:25:49

Apparently McCain really wanted Joe Lieberman, a colleague he knows and works well with that would fit into his maverick theme of crossing political lines to get things done and would cast him as the anti-Bush. So much so that Rove pre-emptively called Joementum a few days ago to pressure Joe to withdraw his name from consideration.

Looks like they prevailed upon him to go with someone who not piss off the social conservatives. Cast as a savy reformer in a corrupt big government taxpayer teat sucking state,  she has less political expeirience then Obama and is such a blank slate that no one knows what her position is on many national issues. MacCain has traded the experience card for a tactical gambit that all the hype on Fox news that there are countless  gaggles of rabid disenfranchised pantsuited Clinton sisters ready to transfer the love.

I kind of like her maverick clean sweeping of the previous administrations politicians on the take. But she is so green that there has not been more then a year of time to see whether her promissed reforms will take in a state where it is tradition that politicians compete to sell their services.

She is so freshly minted that she has less of a track record then Obama. As far as I can tell she has never had to face any criticism for how her policy choices have panned out. Nor has she ever recievd more than 115,000 votes, my county commisioners get more then that

Taint may be able to clue us in more on how entrenched it is up there.

Last edited by Johnny_Rotten (2008-08-29 12:29:29)

#7 2008-08-29 12:49:25

From her speech you can see how McCain's team is casting her into the same McCain theme he would have used with Joe. Not politics as usual, stand up to entrenched interests and change you can believe in brought to you by people who make a career running outside the Washington norm. Plus it adds new nuance to the old chestnut of standing up to the old boys' network.

She is all that and not a pantsuit in site.

Ahh, it is her 20th wedding aniversery today. It could only be better if she and her husband had previously starred on "Deadliest Catch."

Last edited by Johnny_Rotten (2008-08-29 12:58:11)

#8 2008-08-29 12:58:10

It's interesting to speculate on what kind of President she'd be if this ticket gets elected, and McCain subsequently dies/goes senile (I've become convinced from watching recent appearances that there is something wrong with him)...

What kind of President would she be, and, with two years' Governating experience very very far away from DC--and with her most significant achievement being the destruction of the old-boy GOP network in her state--how effective?  Would the DC Machine work with her, assuming she gets a shot at the Big Chair?

#9 2008-08-29 13:01:28

George Orr wrote:

It's interesting to speculate on what kind of President she'd be if this ticket gets elected, and McCain subsequently dies/goes senile (I've become convinced from watching recent appearances that there is something wrong with him)...

What kind of President would she be, and, with two years' Governating experience very very far away from DC--and with her most significant achievement being the destruction of the old-boy GOP network in her state--how effective?  Would the DC Machine work with her, assuming she gets a shot at the Big Chair?

She just had a Down Syndrome baby in April. You tell me.

For you, George:

Drivers in Minnesota are enjoying this Billboard welcoming the Republicans who will be nominating John McCain as their presidential candidate.

http://www.opednews.com/maxwrite/uploaded/2784188452_203ee6ecfd-20080829-505.jpg

#10 2008-08-29 13:12:04

"12:39 PM — She seems like a super lady, and we have always loved her, but dear god Joe Biden is going to eat her for breakfast."

Yeah, I'm the only person who finds her nomination crass and manipulative. Sure I am. At least it will get people to ignore other tidbits in today's news, like the suggestion from Putin (consider the source, of course) that George Bush somehow instigated the Georgian conflict to give McCranky a talking point about Russia.

I wonder if he'll find time to call his V-E-E-P a C-U-N-T.

#11 2008-08-29 13:13:48

Jesus.  I'm so scared.  I don't want Obama's Kool-Aid, but I don't want McCain's VP.

Time to start filling out my emmigration paperwork...

#13 2008-08-29 13:18:14

It could go either way George. She has not had time to build a national GOP relationship or form a team of trusted allies. Has our political machines come far enough to prevent the possibility that she could end up being the Republican's Carter? She can play up the great outsider all she wants, but she will have to offer up her soul right away to buy her way into the VIP booths. And as in Vegas the liquor does not come cheap in those seats.

I too look at McCain's mortal being as possibly timing out. I think his drive is so high that it will make it through a term on sheer force of will. But I could envision it not outside the realm of possibility that his VP would be the party's logical candidate for what would have been McCain's second term.

We could very well be watching the launch of one of the great political careers of our time. Or she could end up on Fox news in a few, paid well to spit bitterness like Gerldine Feraro.

Last edited by Johnny_Rotten (2008-08-29 13:45:24)

#14 2008-08-29 13:24:15

I find the choice quite amusing rather than scary.  We have scary in that office now, and there is a good chance we will survive it. 

By the way, you should try some of the Kool-Aid.  It tastes pretty good and may just keep us all alive.  (Jim Jones did not mix it or anything.)

#15 2008-08-29 13:34:52

Sarah Palin

http://i33.tinypic.com/v5zh2h.jpg

Tina Fey

http://i35.tinypic.com/2csidc1.jpg

#16 2008-08-29 13:40:25

pALEPHx wrote:

"12:39 PM — She seems like a super lady, and we have always loved her, but dear god Joe Biden is going to eat her for breakfast."

Yeah, I'm the only person who finds her nomination crass and manipulative. Sure I am. At least it will get people to ignore other tidbits in today's news, like the suggestion from Putin (consider the source, of course) that George Bush somehow instigated the Georgian conflict to give McCranky a talking point about Russia.

I wonder if he'll find time to call his V-E-E-P a C-U-N-T.

Oh Putin's a truther! That's old news though as he has been hinting at it for weeks. The latest is they have unveiled their plan for Georgia and are ready to throw the switch for it on Monday.

Meanwhile, Russia and South Ossetia plan to sign an agreement on the placement of Russian military bases in South Ossetia, the province's deputy parliamentary speaker Tarzan Kokoiti said. How many bases that involves will become clear on Sept. 2, when the document is set to be signed, he said.

He said South Ossetians have the right to reunite with North Ossetia, which is part of Russia.

"Soon there will be no North or South Ossetia — there will be a united Alania as part of Russia," Kokoiti said, using another name for Ossetia.

"We will live in one united Russian state," he said.

#17 2008-08-29 13:42:59

pALEPHx wrote:

me: google up her kids names
you’ll love it
sounds like she was naming a pack of sled dogs
Leah: oh god
12:58 PM sounder? lol
patch
12:59 PM she eats moose hamburgers
Trig?
1:00 PM one of her kids is named TRIG?
me: LOL
Leah: that’s the poor down syndrome baby
TRACK
BRISTOL
TRACK AND BRISTOL AND TRIG?
me: thank you
1:01 PM Leah: I’m actually surprised there’s not one named Patch
or Sounder
me: what are all the names of the kids’
1:04 PM Leah: Trig joins siblings Track, 18, Bristol, 17, Willow, 13, and Piper
I bet she keeps having kids ’cause she thinks birth control is “abortion”

ColdCupofHope says at 1:15 pm, August 29th, 2008
Wow, that was… underwhelming. She seems like a nice lady, though. The AP of her teenage daughter is one of those wonderful moments when kids show you reality with their faces. That family has no idea what they’re in for.

#18 2008-08-29 13:43:09

Wow!  The Empire is clearly past its prime and is entering its death spiral.  Neither major party can put up a candidate or second who is both credible and healthy.

#19 2008-08-29 14:22:52

Simply a continuation of Bush (family) strategies.

#20 2008-08-29 14:44:52

George Orr wrote:

pALEPHx wrote:

Damn

This concludes the swimsuit portion of our contest.

Plus I hear that

In the Frontier That Is Alaska, she once shot a man, just to watch him die.

#21 2008-08-29 15:03:45

I seriously don't understand how any of you all can back Obama.  I don't think McCain is much better, but I wouldn't touch Obama with a 10 foot pole.

No thanks!  Plus, fnord's right.  He's half black!

bwhahaha.

#22 2008-08-29 15:15:18

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

I kind of like her maverick clean sweeping of the previous administrations politicians on the take. But she is so green that there has not been more then a year of time to see whether her promissed reforms will take in a state where it is tradition that politicians compete to sell their services.

it's ok, she's mavericky™  in her scandals too

#23 2008-08-29 15:23:04

I can't wait for election season to be over so we can all get back to business as usual here on the street.

EDIT: ...and alas I have something to contribute re: Palin

Last edited by jesusluvspegging (2008-08-29 15:37:50)

#24 2008-08-29 15:39:49

orangeplus wrote:

it's ok, she's mavericky™  in her scandals too

Oh thank God, I was worried for a momement she would have trouble finding her way amongst the big dogs of the Republican machine.

Nothing "mavericky" here. That kind of bitter vindictiveness, willingness to crush citizens livelihoods and then bold face lie about it while selling god knows what to get others to run a coverup will fit right in in Washington.

#25 2008-08-29 15:56:57

Naive and inexperienced is exactly how I like my VPs. Just not my presidents.

She does have that "Euro Look" about her, doesn't she? I get the feeling I am watching a newscast from Brussels or something.

#27 2008-08-29 16:17:29

I actually know her and had interviewed her many times for stories when she was the mayor of Wasilla, Alaska. I'm heading off to work but I'll post about her later.

#29 2008-08-29 23:02:38

Taint wrote:

I actually know her and had interviewed her many times for stories when she was the mayor of Wasilla, Alaska. I'm heading off to work but I'll post about her later.

Jeebus Taint are you sure you want to admitt that. You watch out now for any black SUVs shadowing you home.

#30 2008-08-29 23:06:36

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Naive and inexperienced is exactly how I like my VPs. Just not my presidents.

She does have that "Euro Look" about her, doesn't she? I get the feeling I am watching a newscast from Brussels or something.

Strangely every single women from Alaska they interviewed about her not only has the same styling and glasses but  the same squeaky girl's voice.

#33 2008-08-30 00:45:07

That Viking photo has got to be from Petersburg.

#34 2008-08-30 01:47:47

OK, kids, sit down and Uncle Taint will tell you a story about a simple country girl who grew up to be candidate for vice president.

Actually, it's a pretty amazing story. George, the reason you've never heard of her is because no one has ever heard of her outside Alaska where she's skyrocketed to notoriety just on the state level. When I met her, she was mayor of Wasilla, the largest city in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough (kind of like a county, but generally tens of thousands of square miles bigger and with out infrastructure. Anyway...)

She was in the midst of her first term as mayor after serving two terms on the city council when I was assigned to cover Wasilla. At that point, she really was just getting her feet wet and was incredibly unsophisticated. For example, she had a difficult time controlling her reactions and emotions when she was unhappy about something (I don't mean to imply she became hysterical or began yelling, but she was notorious for rolling up her eyes with great disdain, and yes, she had a very sharp temper). She easily won re-election, if memory serves, for her largely successful efforts to bring more business into Wasilla, a quickly growing city. Her pro-business agenda, however, often came - in my opinion - with little thought for the longterm. A Fred Meyer was approved and built right on the shores of the lake around which the city lays for example. As long as it brought in revenue - and she brought in lots of revenue - sprawl was fine and could be dealt with later. There was lots of sprawl.

If one thing really stands out about her, it's her willingness to tackle the establishment. Alaska is a Republican stronghold, a result of the Republican Revolution in the early 1990s. Much of the party's success came as a result of the work of a man named - I'm not making this up - Tuckerman Babcock.

Babcock is a sleazeball. He groomed a new generation of candidates to take over in 1994 and he did it with incredible success. Much of that success was built on the redistricting for which he was largely responsible only a short time before. Several candidates, Lyda Green, Vic Kohring, Scott Ogan, and Beverly Masek, were elected to the state legislature in Juneau as a result of his work. They have all become little more than lackeys to larger interests looking to make a buck off Alaskans or the environment. Ogan was eventually forced to resign after it was revealed he business ties to a company for whom he was quite supportive in the legislature. Kohring, with all the backbone of a tapeworm, eventually faced serious problems when it was revealed he wasn't living in the district he represented; in fact, he wasn't even living in the state. He had moved with his hot Russian babe to Oregon because she preferred it there to Alaska. I believe this one is still in court. I may be wrong.

The point of bringing Babcock into all this is that Sara came in on the same wave, more or less, but she turned out to an element he and his cronies couldn't control. She's accused major power brokers such as Frank Murkowski of serious fraud and investigations have pretty much backed her up. She woudn't kowtow to the Republican leadership and even brought down the head of the state Republican party, Randy Reudrich, on similar charges of fraud.

She's very conservative but I believe too that she's more pragmatic than ideological. She opposes abortion rights, is a member of the NRA, but is also a pretty choice example of the power of feminism. She's terrible on environmental issues, but is very outspoken on government waste and has plenty of entries on her resume that verify she is very fiscally responsible. She's pro-business but her husband is a union man in a pro-union state. She's not a genius by any stretch, but she's smart and focused.

And on a personal note, she sent me a condolence note after reading an essay I written about the death of my mother. She is, on top of it all, a nice person.

I wouldn't vote for her, but she is a good person. Oh, and her husband Todd is seriously hot.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1332/toddpalinoi7.jpg

#35 2008-08-30 02:02:19

Thank you, Taint.  BTW, that man in the picture is supposed to be a "Native"?

Her Wiki entry mentions her fight with the Republican country club, and I was impressed by that.  It also describes a simmering scandal over an ex-brother-in-law (I think) who is a State Trooper; there are accusations that she's used her office to harass him and try to get him fired.  Do you know anything about that?  It looks like either party could be the villain in that story...either way, unless measures are taken to clear it up, it's probably the story that's going to bite her in the ass in a big way.

#37 2008-08-30 02:50:47

George Orr wrote:

Thank you, Taint.  BTW, that man in the picture is supposed to be a "Native"?

Her Wiki entry mentions her fight with the Republican country club, and I was impressed by that.  It also describes a simmering scandal over an ex-brother-in-law (I think) who is a State Trooper; there are accusations that she's used her office to harass him and try to get him fired.  Do you know anything about that?  It looks like either party could be the villain in that story...either way, unless measures are taken to clear it up, it's probably the story that's going to bite her in the ass in a big way.

After you read up on it George go back and look at the O+'s vid at the top of post page 2. It shows her minions making bald faced lies on camera as the scandal developed.  Alaska is the patron state for maniuplating political appointments for personal gain, favor and revenge. She came into office  and immediatly fired the previous admins quid pro quo appointments staking her reputation on this very kind of ethics reform.

Of course her political enemies are using it to make hay. But it came out that what she and her minions had initially denyed had actually happened. And there is documentation and audio to back up the witnesses who may have biases. In the process her staff had lied that they did not apply pressure for the trooper to be fired. She had always publicly downplayed that there was no significant grudge by her but what her staff did on her behalf does not make that ring true anymore.

Most significantly we are left to believe her revised claims that she had no knowledge of her staff's actions on her behalf to take the  personel revenge on the trooper.

This also calls into serious question the truth of previous explenations about why she fired the commisioner. In addition the discharged Commisioner pressured to fire the trooper testified that her current claims of no direct contact are a bold faced lie and that she repeatedly tried to talk to him about the trooper, but he cut her off before she could get into it as he recognized an ethical breach.

I haven't looked it up today, but last I heard the investigation by special prosecuter type is continuing. To her credit she recognized the seriousness of this when her Administration's initial claims were proven false and has been cooperating to try and show that the ethical issues are not as bad as some say.

I have no idea if the Alaskan State Government is capable of investigating itself.

Last edited by Johnny_Rotten (2008-08-30 03:02:00)

#38 2008-08-30 03:35:04

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

I have no idea if the Alaskan State Government is capable of investigating itself.

Probably not; I had the great pleasure of knowing quite a few legislators/people with the legislature who were good, honest persons who really were there to serve their communities but it was often an uphill battle for them against all the opportunists with whom they worked. Remember, Alaska is very small and the communities the people come from are even smaller. Everyone remembers everything.

#39 2008-08-30 03:45:21

Taint wrote:

She's very conservative but I believe too that she's more pragmatic than ideological.

Well if that is the case she is clearly well versed in the pragmatic language of appeasement.

Last edited by Johnny_Rotten (2008-08-30 03:46:45)

#40 2008-08-30 03:49:33

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Taint wrote:

She's very conservative but I believe too that she's more pragmatic than ideological.

Well if that is the case she is clearly well versed in the pragmatic language of appeasement.

Perhaps even more clear: she's a politician.

#41 2008-08-30 08:26:23

http://b.imagehost.org/0359/Miss_20Wasilla_201984.jpg

#42 2008-08-30 09:08:53

Taint wrote:

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Taint wrote:

Perhaps even more clear: she's a politician.

We will get to see just how far that pragmaticism sculps her new hand crafted national  identity. Dobson was on the news last night claiming her as one of his own. I have never seen the old soul saver more jubilant. Like he had pulled out his own rib to give her creation.

#43 2008-08-30 09:53:02

Calling all sleuths -- is this the Veep candidate posing nude?

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/430_veep.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

Last edited by karenw (2008-08-30 09:53:44)

#44 2008-08-30 10:16:22

Aaaaand more internet dirt-digging: is new baby hers, or her daughter's?

#45 2008-08-30 10:17:20

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/430_pic.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#46 2008-08-30 12:47:32

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

I haven't looked it up today, but last I heard the investigation by special prosecuter type is continuing.

According to her Wikipedia article the investigation is scheduled to end five days before the presidential election.  If the McCain campaign didn't have an inside track into what the outcome of the investigation will be then McCain has been reduced to imbecility in his old age.

#47 2008-08-30 13:58:41

I seriously don't understand why RT BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH comments on BLAH BLAH BLAH when she has nothing to BLAH BLAH BLAH say.

Thanks Sarge.

Last edited by Fled (2008-08-30 16:45:32)

#48 2008-08-30 14:38:46

Fled wrote:

has nothight [sic] to BLAH BLAH BLAH say

Kind of like  pALEPHx....

#49 2008-08-30 15:45:46

karenw wrote:

is this the Veep candidate posing nude?

The chick in these photos looks nothing like her.

Aaaaand more internet dirt-digging: is new baby hers, or her daughter's?

The "intel" in the article about the daughter's whereabouts is a little fishy, but could just be soap-opera rumor.  The baby has Down's and women in their 40s are at high risk for producing Down's infants, whereas teenage girls are not.  Lots of women don't "show" at seven months; my own aunt didn't look pregnant with either of her children until she was nearly at term.  I reckon the kid's really hers.

#50 2008-08-30 16:44:01

The story seems too far fetched to me, but I suppose anything is possible.  I would bet, however, that McCain is very happy to have the Bible-thumpers off his back.  It really is quite a spectacle.  He throws a sop (or knuckles under) to the religious right and gets credit for being a maverick for doing so.

Last edited by Fled (2008-08-30 16:44:40)

Board footer

cruelery.com