#2 2008-09-12 18:29:49

This one is amusing!

If I recall correctly, that makes two amusing entries out of...uh...

#3 2008-09-13 01:52:57

George Orr wrote:

If I recall correctly, that makes two amusing entries out of...uh...

One hundred. A muthafukkin hundred.

#4 2008-09-13 11:09:20

I'm sorry, the sound effects killed it for me. Put it on the trash heap along with the ponies.

#5 2008-09-13 16:05:46

karenw wrote:

I'm sorry, the sound effects killed it for me. Put it on the trash heap along with the ponies.

Please. The sound effects? Just considering who posted it is enough to ruin even a GOOD video forever. Personally, I think it's just poor taste for ALL of one hundred posts to be videos, with no explanation, remark, or follow-up comments interacting with other members of this board.

It's a lot like real life, when one is constantly interrupted by gnats or advertising. Problem is, this is NOT real life and we don't have to put up with that shit here if other people agree to get rid of it. PB certainly notices when one of his/her/its vids are shitcanned (one can tell by the multiple attempts to repost it, often with a different, more [hemmorrhoidally] inflamed titles). I can't make a unilateral decision about deleting all PB's burnt offerings as they appear or banning PB myself, but I'd like to state for the record that I'd prefer someone more worthy of being picked on. This is like beating a pillow, and it's very unsatisfactory.

Last edited by pALEPHx (2008-09-13 16:08:28)

#6 2008-09-13 17:21:28

I agree that posting videos only with no interaction is not, um, cricket.  But if PB is the person sofa says he is, he's a minor, and if he did engage in conversation here it would probably just get us all in trouble.

As long as there are no more carpet-bombing incidents like the one a recent weekend ago, I just can't muster the outrage for a banning.  The vids are insipid, not offensive, and at the very least (and I guess it is the very least) some of them inspire a few conversations.

Perhaps there is a place for PB in the High Street family--a profoundly retarded half-cousin who likes to wear sparkly pony costumes.

#7 2008-09-14 04:45:10

I'm sorry, but if you can't interact here, then you shouldn't be posting to this community, period. I just deleted another one of its insipid threads, and it had better not reappear. I'm fucking done with this shit. If that's the kind of activity we attract, then we seriously need to reconsider the general theme around here. No, I don't think there's room for a "retarded half-cousin," or whatever it was. I don't deserve to be confronted with such tripe when I open the site I enjoy. I put up with a lot; I don't have to put up with that. And Sofie can do all she wants to "explain" him. He still has to stand on his own. We treat people who actually TALK like instant pariahs. I do not understand why we can't keep a better grip on who actually provides content to this forum. High Street is not "Your Place for Death, Depravity, and My Little Pony Vids." If I were dead, I'd be spinning in my grave.

#8 2008-09-14 07:03:18

Christ on a stick Pale,

PB may be an immature little troll, but the response it gets out of you is certainly in the finest cruel tradition. My gut reaction to reading your impassioned posts is to seriously consider making a leave PB alone! vid.

A single post here and there is immaterial to us literate if verbose elite. I see no need to take action until the volume of  PB type posts are truly gooping up the works with gop.

Last edited by Johnny_Rotten (2008-09-14 07:50:08)

#9 2008-09-14 08:24:20

pALEPHx wrote:

I just deleted another one of its insipid threads....  I'm fucking done with this shit.  I don't deserve to be confronted with such tripe when I open the site I enjoy. I put up with a lot; I don't have to put up with that.  If I were dead, I'd be spinning in my grave.

What the fuck, asshole.

What made you the single arbitrator of bullshit around here?

If your worthless little cocksucking self can not tolerate this, I suggest you go back to your own site or please do die.

#10 2008-09-14 10:11:28

pALEPHx wrote:

I'm sorry, but if you can't interact here, then you shouldn't be posting to this community, period.

I agree, although I think the heavy-handed tactics are a bit much. Whatever happened to harassing some poor loser out of existence? We didn't merely delete Roland Bloodthunder, we skewered his furry ass, hoisted it high on a flagpole, and shot it full of holes.

If a kid wants to play with us, then he should be armed and ready. I've warned my own lurking child that it's always newb season at H-S, and if he posts something stupid then he deserves what he gets.

Another thought: I don't buy the "be gentle, he's a minor" line of reasoning either . . . plenty of minors post on /b/ and they are most assuredly not innocent, cute, or clever. I think PB is playing us hard. I'm just shocked he has the attention span to maintain a consistent theme over time.

Last edited by karenw (2008-09-14 10:18:59)

#11 2008-09-14 10:39:51

pALEPHx wrote:

This is like beating a pillow, and it's very unsatisfactory.

Did you say beating, or biting? Hahaha.

Get it? Like pillow biting instead of pillow beating, on account of you're gay. Hooooooo, goddamn.

#12 2008-09-14 11:31:49

We treat people who actually TALK like instant pariahs. I do not understand why we can't keep a better grip on who actually provides content to this forum.

That is simply not true.  I make a point of encouraging new people to post more, and so do some others here.

I'd also like to note that you are hardly the only person who runs across posts and/or members who bug the living shit out of you.  That's probably true of most of us, and certainly true of me. 

I've sometimes been tempted to delete idiocies but never have, for the simple reason that my love of free discourse outweighs my desire for a personal comfort zone.  I'm frankly disappointed to find that your preferences seem to run in the other direction.

Pale, I've often been irritated with you, but I've never been mad at you before.  Your rant above has done the trick.  I can only hope it was colored by sleep deprivation or something and that you've thought better of it since.

I'm also miffed because this is making it look like I'm in PB's corner.  I agree with everything you said about PB.  The only point where I disagree is where you think any of PB's behavior is justification for deletion/banning.

#13 2008-09-14 11:59:50

You should also ban blacks, jews, gays, racists and the poor.

#14 2008-09-14 14:58:25

Bigcat wrote:

How about we ban anyone who is a poor black gay Jewish racist?

#15 2008-09-14 15:38:38

pALEPHx wrote:

I'm sorry, but if you can't interact here, then you shouldn't be posting to this community, period. I just deleted another one of its insipid threads, and it had better not reappear. I'm fucking done with this shit. If that's the kind of activity we attract, then we seriously need to reconsider the general theme around here. No, I don't think there's room for a "retarded half-cousin," or whatever it was. I don't deserve to be confronted with such tripe when I open the site I enjoy. I put up with a lot; I don't have to put up with that. And Sofie can do all she wants to "explain" him. He still has to stand on his own. We treat people who actually TALK like instant pariahs. I do not understand why we can't keep a better grip on who actually provides content to this forum. High Street is not "Your Place for Death, Depravity, and My Little Pony Vids." If I were dead, I'd be spinning in my grave.

Shit Phalix, ever hear of the ignore feature? Why do you get so worked up over her?  How about we find a small South American country you can be dictator of?

On a side note, how many admins are there around here?

#16 2008-09-14 16:33:07

The Captain (or is it Sargeant?  Fuck, I've got no memory at all)) is right.  Don't be a dick.

Last edited by Fled (2008-09-14 16:33:25)

#17 2008-09-14 16:55:24

See, 'cause pillow biter, which is phonically close to pillow beater, which is Pale's original post. Right?

#18 2008-09-14 17:14:27

Fled wrote:

Sargeant[sic]

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5701/msge8wc0.jpg

#19 2008-09-14 17:41:18

MSG Tripps wrote:

If your worthless little cocksucking self can not tolerate this, I suggest you go back to your own site or please do die.

Since you arbitrate absolutely nothing around here, and people only put up with you for nostalgia's sake (what the fuck else could it be, never mind, don't tell me), why don't you just eat shit and die first.

#20 2008-09-14 17:48:19

pALEPHx wrote:

Since you arbitrate absolutely nothing around here....

Sure thing ya fucking lobcock.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#21 2008-09-14 18:56:35

MSG Tripps wrote:

Fled wrote:

Sargeant[sic]

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5701/msge8wc0.jpg

End of an inning?

#22 2008-09-14 20:10:34

MSG Tripps wrote:

pALEPHx wrote:

Since you arbitrate absolutely nothing around here....

Sure thing ya fucking lobcock.

Shit, half the people here are admins.  Does it really take that many people to run this rinky-dink outfit?

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#24 2008-09-14 22:55:14

troll feeding motherfuckers.

Haven't we all figured out that PB is a pernicious sock puppet operated by a regular user hiding behind an outlaw proxy?

I take my hat off to PB, who has stolen the crown of master baiter from the furrowed brow of fnord.

And if it becomes policy to ban/move/delete people simply for being annoying on a board whose raison d'être, as I understood it, was to agtagonize people, let me know. I'll make it my reason in life to be banned.

#25 2008-09-15 14:08:53

orangeplus wrote:

troll feeding motherfuckers.

Haven't we all figured out that PB is a pernicious sock puppet operated by a regular user hiding behind an outlaw proxy?

I take my hat off to PB, who has stolen the crown of master baiter from the furrowed brow of fnord.

And if it becomes policy to ban/move/delete people simply for being annoying on a board whose raison d'être, as I understood it, was to agtagonize people, let me know. I'll make it my reason in life to be banned.

Nicely put.

#26 2008-09-15 21:28:24

fnord wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

How about we ban anyone who is a poor black gay Jewish racist?

I've mostly stayed out of the PB discussion, but now fnord wants to ban me.  Long live the princess.

Last edited by hedgewizard (2008-09-16 10:43:27)

#27 2008-09-16 01:16:39

orangeplus wrote:

And if it becomes policy to ban/move/delete people simply for being annoying on a board whose raison d'être, as I understood it, was to agtagonize people, let me know.

The point being, to antagonize people is not the same thing as to antagonize a person. Individual members should not be attacked ("yo, pALEPHx"), especially not by sock puppets. It's particularly sad that we've come to a pass where any of the original Cruelers would feel it necessary to don even MORE anonymous costumes to torment their fellows, either singly or as a group. What, simply hiding behind ONE screenname isn't enough for some depleted egos?

Whether a fraud or a genuine asshole in his/her/its own right, I don't regard PB as a member here. After one hundred vids with no interaction, it's not time to just blithely accept the presence of such an antagonistic interloper. I'm sorry if I can be accused of attempting to protect a community that's not for want of it, but I think leaving an element like PB to its own devices sets a bad precedent. One could at least get interaction and a rise out of other trolls we've had (named and nameless). There is no such satisfaction here. Perhaps, some feel that's the "perfect" sort of troll, but I think we deserve a better caliber of miscreant.

Look at it this way, it's like having a child who just shows up to shit in the sandbox. Not even Dhal tries to get away with that.

#28 2008-09-16 10:16:02

Someone should ban peniXx. 

Go get a life you blowhard!  blah blah blah.

STFU.

#29 2008-09-16 10:43:12

Ignore List - You have the power. Banning, you do not have the right.

#30 2008-09-16 11:31:14

pALEPHx wrote:

The point being, to antagonize people is not the same thing as to antagonize a person. Individual members should not be attacked ("yo, pALEPHx")...

I've seen several threads titled like (by other members here) that and directed at antagonizing individual members.  Presumably so have you.  How many of them have you deleted?  Besides, it seems to me she was responding to your attack on her.  Which is a greater attack: being censored or being calling them out for censoring?

pALEPHx wrote:

It's particularly sad that we've come to a pass where any of the original Cruelers would feel it necessary to don even MORE anonymous costumes to torment their fellows, either singly or as a group. What, simply hiding behind ONE screenname isn't enough for some depleted egos?

Actually, it's a more or less a time-honored tradition from the cruel.com days.  She's probably just Jew.

pALEPHx wrote:

I'm sorry if I can be accused of attempting to protect a community that's not for want of it, but I think leaving an element like PB to its own devices sets a bad precedent.

How original.  I've never seen "attempting to protect a community" used as a justification for censorship before...

pALEPHx wrote:

One could at least get interaction and a rise out of other trolls we've had (named and nameless). There is no such satisfaction here.

There is, however, the ignore feature.  You really should embrace it.  You'll go broke feeding all those kittens you keep having.  In the mean time I suggest you find a twelve-step group for control freaks with God complexes and stop "attempting to protect us".

#31 2008-09-16 12:33:28

pALEPHx wrote:

Ok, I was wondering where the "vote" thread came from until I read this.

What a fucking Nazi-censor you are, pale? It's one thing to delete something that could result in legal trouble, it's a whole other thing to delete just because it offends your delicate sensibilities. You have the right not to even look at threads started by anyone you don't like. Do you have such utter lacking of self-control that you HAVE to look, you simply HAVE TO!!!?!?!??? WTF?

At least Cruel, for all it's faults, let the site censor itself (if you don't like it, don't fucking look).

It figures you're wanting to create the mommy state on the web just like in reality.

You know, there are tons of shit posted here that drive me bonkers, but I'd go to jail for each and every one of your rights to post them and keep them up...

fucking censor-nazi...

Board footer

cruelery.com