#1 2007-10-21 20:47:03

I haven't had a Jell-O shot in many years, but this looks like fun.

http://www.myscienceproject.org/j-shot-3.html

#2 2007-10-21 23:19:56

Besides being not kosher, Jell-O is just disgusting.  There is no way around it being not kosher the way there is with pork and shrimp (pork and shrimp become kosher if they are eaten in a Chinese restaurant using chopsticks to place them in your mouth, or if they are in a soup, using a Chinese type soup spoon).

#4 2007-10-21 23:51:41

"The production of the gelatin starts w/refinement of collagen-bearing tissues of ANY ANIMAL that has raised and slaughtered for food purposes. ....

"It is interesting to note that during manufacture of gelatin, chemical changes take place so that, in the final gelatin product, the composition and identity of the orignal material is completely eliminated. Because of this, gelatin is not considered a meat food product by the United States government..."

JELL-O Brand gelatin is certified as Kosher by a recognized orthodox Rabbi as per enclosed RESPONSUM. In addition to being Kosher, Jell-O is also Pareve, and can be eaten with either a meat meal or a dairy meal."

This only proves that kosher certification is a racket that extorts money from food manufacturers and deceives those for whom the certification matters.  It would be possible to grind up human remains and feed them to worms, after this process it would be impossible to determine the original source of the worm shit.  However, any company selling the resulting worm shit to gardeners would be liable even though it wouldn’t be possible to distinguish this worm shit from shit produced by feeding worms other materials.

Last edited by fnord (2007-10-21 23:52:29)

#5 2007-10-21 23:56:35

I'm surprised you have an interest in kosher food.

fnord wrote:

pork and shrimp become kosher if they are eaten in a Chinese restaurant using chopsticks to place them in your mouth, or if they are in a soup, using a Chinese type soup spoon).

I've never heard that.  It certainly sounds ridiculous, but then again most dietary laws based on advice from burning shrubbery sound a little kooky.

#6 2007-10-22 00:00:32

Greasy food eaten in a diner with bad lighting doesn't count either.

#7 2007-10-22 01:27:20

I thought someone was offering to shoot Jennifer Lopez. (she'll scream if you touch her nipple!)

Board footer

cruelery.com