#1 2008-10-30 17:59:20

MIT scientists discover that production of the very worst global warming gasses are natural occurances.  How can this be?  I've just reduced my carbon footprint so it fits in my bronzed baby shoes, and now this!

#2 2008-10-30 18:27:25

We should capture global warming gasses and keep them in styrofoam containers.

#3 2008-10-30 18:32:40

Bigcat wrote:

Well, farts are made up of methane.  Start doing your part today.

#4 2008-10-30 18:33:14

phreddy wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

Well, farts are made up of methane.  Start doing your part today.

I'm on it!

#5 2008-10-30 19:19:02

Stupid people think that if you can blame nature for an oncoming carrying capacity crisis it's some kind of moral or intellectual victory, and that we don't need to modify our behaviour. But they're just stupid people, not the kind you'd find on High-Street.

#6 2008-10-30 21:22:58

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

Stupid people think that if you can blame nature for an oncoming carrying capacity crisis it's some kind of moral or intellectual victory, and that we don't need to modify our behaviour. But they're just stupid people, not the kind you'd find on High-Street.

I hate agreeing with you but the one true upside to the Global Warming Frenzy is pollution reduction and conciousness of our extravagent resource usage.  Of course the only way to battle human farts as the major contributor (outside of volcanoes, underground coal fires, etc) is to reduce reproduction.  Since smart people steadfastly refuse to reproduce this points to uneducated idiots as the main source of the problem - ergo we must educate the idiots, push womens rights and watch the third world birth-rate fall to 1.5 and maybe we'll survive.

Of course the volcanoes and coal fires will still create green house gases on their own schedule and we may still be fucked anyway.  In which case eat some chili, drink some beer, and impregnate your woman - if we're going to go out let's have a good time doing it!

Last edited by Emmeran (2008-10-30 21:24:54)

#7 2008-10-31 00:24:55

I'm obviously not a world renowned scientist who has studied and understands global warming....  That being said, I do have opinions about the issue and they should be taken seriously.....  For one, I'd be willing to accept global warming as a fact wholeheartedly if it wasn't for the douchebags who generally make a big deal about it...  The people who are the most vocal about global warming rarely care anything about the environment whatsoever...  These people use global warming solely to push their anti-corporate political agenda...  As for me, I don't have kids, don't want them, if a mistake happens there is gonna be an abortion....  I don't care about society, but rather look on it with disdain....  There is nothing in my life that makes me want the world to be a better place after I die and I selfishly want to live for today responsibility-free....

#8 2008-10-31 00:32:55

Dirckman wrote:

I'm obviously not a world renowned scientist who has studied and understands global warming....  That being said, I do have opinions about the issue and they should be taken seriously.....  For one, I'd be willing to accept global warming as a fact wholeheartedly if it wasn't for the douchebags who generally make a big deal about it...  The people who are the most vocal about global warming rarely care anything about the environment whatsoever...  These people use global warming solely to push their anti-corporate political agenda...  As for me, I don't have kids, don't want them, if a mistake happens there is gonna be an abortion....  I don't care about society, but rather look on it with disdain....  There is nothing in my life that makes me want the world to be a better place after I die and I selfishly want to live for today responsibility-free....

See!  There we go, another smart person refusing to reproduce, and then he'll turn around and complain about being surrounded by idiots.

Look kids, if you are at least semi-intelligent then you have a solemn duty to out reproduce the idiots.  That means you to Pale & Taint, you're gonna have to take one for the team on this...

#9 2008-10-31 00:53:17

Emmeran wrote:

Dirckman wrote:

See!  There we go, another smart person refusing to reproduce, and then he'll turn around and complain about being surrounded by idiots.

Look kids, if you are at least semi-intelligent then you have a solemn duty to out reproduce the idiots.  That means you to Pale & Taint, you're gonna have to take one for the team on this...

I feel satisfied in knowing that I have ended my families blood line....  I only have four living relatives, three of them are too old to reproduce and my brother and myself are philosophically against it....  We are the product of millions of generations from amoeba to man and we have finally evolved to the level of reasoning and rationale to realize that it's a futile conquest...

Last edited by Dirckman (2008-10-31 01:02:10)

#10 2008-10-31 01:29:55

Emmeran wrote:

impregnate your woman...- if we're going to go out let's have a good time doing it!

Yum!

#11 2008-10-31 02:03:50

a) Most farts don't have methane
b) The study found that there *may* have been a natural reason for the sudden increase of methane in 2007.  The study did not find that man does not output methane and carbon dioxide, nor did it find that manmade output of greenhouse gasses do not affect Global Climate Change.
c) This shitty article doesn't place clear boundaries between the author's conjecture and the story he's reporting on, leading to:
d) Phreddy is a fucking moron, which is why he doesn't understand what the study found and gleefully scampers about in his moist cavern whispering to his own ignorance, which he refers to as his "Precious".

bonus) If the heat rises far enough there are massive methane deposits in the permafrost that could escape causing a feedback loop that really spikes the temperature (geologically speaking).  That oughta be fun.

#12 2008-10-31 04:20:48

Basically, humans are fucked.  The Chinese are firing up several new coal powered electric generators every week.  The Indians are buying cheap cars and causing smog clouds that make LA air in the Seventies look clean.  The First World talks about it, but has no real intention of going green.  I think humans have reached the tipping point when the long sequestered methane is starting to leak out of the permafrost.

There are too many people on this planet; this will soon change as sanitation breaks down and ancient diseases make a comeback.  Food production is dependant on artificial fertilizers, intense over harvesting of the ocean and other unnatural interventions.  This isn’t sustainable and as civilization begins to decay, food production will plummet.  I can’t make a case for the smart upping their reproduction rate, because if any humans survive the coming changes, it just may be the more primitive stupid types.  I didn’t produce fnordlings, so at least I don’t lie awake thinking about how descendants will deal with the changes that are coming.  As for your descendants, I will be gone and don’t give a shit if they will be tough enough to survive disease, starvation, and the toxins we are leaving behind.

#13 2008-10-31 08:01:03

Isn't it true that if you can "light your farts" then they contain methane and if yours DO have methane they always do? I thought I read somewhere that there were people who were producers and non producers depending on what type of bacteria you have in your colon.

Last edited by Bigcat (2008-10-31 08:01:52)

#14 2008-10-31 08:17:08

http://i35.tinypic.com/2kegau.jpg

Last edited by Fled (2008-10-31 08:19:58)

#15 2008-10-31 08:33:10

Redacted

Last edited by WilberCuntLicker (2008-10-31 08:34:08)

#16 2008-10-31 08:52:25

First, shoot all the cows. Second, ban beans as a dietary staple. Third, coal plants and cars in China and India will just cause acid rain in Hawaii, and those smug cunts deserve it.

Fuck it all, let's move to Mars.

#17 2008-10-31 14:54:17

Bigcat wrote:

Isn't it true that if you can "light your farts" then they contain methane and if yours DO have methane they always do? I thought I read somewhere that there were people who were producers and non producers depending on what type of bacteria you have in your colon.

Anyone can light their farts because of the hydrogen, but if the flame is blue then there is methane in it.

#18 2008-10-31 15:17:35

Oh, that clears some stuff up. Thanks.

#19 2008-10-31 15:41:06

Tojo wrote:

Anyone can light their farts because of the hydrogen, but if the flame is blue then there is methane in it.

I'm impressed.  These aren't tidbits one can pick up through academic research.  Obviously someone has spent quality time with his head up other people's asses.

Board footer

cruelery.com