#2 2009-01-21 08:05:32

It's so nice to have been immortalized:

And be sure to ask the beautiful but mysterious Roger_That for the Daily Blue-Plate Special - served with marinara sauce and a smile!

Btw, that would be Emily serving up the marinara.

#3 2009-01-21 08:23:11

Maybe I'm an idiot but what is the second rule?

#4 2009-01-21 19:30:17

Hmmm...I'm very tempted to join this, yet, I don't want to blow my identity.

#5 2009-01-21 20:43:27

FUCK YEAH!  I had NO IDEA we had a myspace page.

Yeah, fortinbras, I felt the same way.  But then I said, you know what?  I'm leaving government and becoming a full time event photographer/promoter and political columnist.  Fuck blowing my identity.  I'm tired of living in a fucking bubble.

#6 2009-01-21 21:09:19

fortinbras wrote:

Hmmm...I'm very tempted to join this, yet, I don't want to blow my identity.

Afraid the strap on brigade will hunt you down and give you a royal rogering?

#7 2009-01-21 22:30:49

feisty wrote:

Hell, yeah - Even Snowball and I made our own MySpaced pages in celebration.  We can't be bothered to up-date them, mind you; Still, . . .

Dmtdust wrote:

What's with the double postings of late?

#8 2009-01-21 22:31:05

Dmtdust wrote:

What's with the double postings of late?

#9 2009-01-22 05:09:45

feisty wrote:

Yeah, fortinbras, I felt the same way.  But then I said, you know what?  I'm leaving government and becoming a full time event photographer/promoter and political columnist.  Fuck blowing my identity.  I'm tired of living in a fucking bubble.

This is excellent news.  I know we're hardly personal friends, I just have a feeling that High Street has suffered from your...restraint.

#10 2009-01-22 17:29:17

tojo2000 wrote:

feisty wrote:

This is excellent news.  I know we're hardly personal friends, I just have a feeling that High Street has suffered from your...restraint.

Tojo, you just made my day.

I've been suffering from my restraint!  :)

#11 2009-01-22 18:18:53

feisty wrote:

Feisty in restraints... be still my heart... (fap, fap, fap)....

#12 2009-01-22 19:49:20

whosasailorthen wrote:

feisty wrote:

Feisty in restraints... be still my heart... (fap, fap, fap)....

What Sailor said.  Where are my pics Feisty?  You Promised!

#14 2009-02-25 10:54:16

Damn thing takes nearly forever to load, even on a broadband connection. Practically kills my browser, and the window just won't close. Bravo on mix-n-matching flash-based video types.

#15 2009-02-25 12:46:42

pALEPHx wrote:

Damn thing takes nearly forever to load, even on a broadband connection. Practically kills my browser, and the window just won't close. Bravo on mix-n-matching flash-based video types.

I have to regretfully agree.  My last visit crashed my browser...and my browser virtually never crashes.

#16 2009-02-25 14:04:11

George Orr wrote:

pALEPHx wrote:

I have to regretfully agree.  My last visit crashed my browser...and my browser virtually never crashes.

You don’t have to wait for the whole page to load to begin checking out the content.  The slide view takes forever to completely load, but it starts showing slides long before then.  Also the Koldcast video (The Midwest Teen Sex Show) seems to come from a slow server.  The TV widgets, YouTube videos, Atom videos and all three music players are playable while the slideshow and Koldcast video are still loading.

What are your connections speeds?  It didn’t take that long to load for me.  I know both of you are Mac users, but are you using an older operating system like OS 7?  And what browser are you using?  Please tell me you aren’t using the Mac version of Explorer; it’s no longer supported by Microshit.  I normally use Firefox, but visited using Safari, Opera and Camino with no problems.

#17 2009-02-25 16:24:38

fnord wrote:

I know both of you are Mac users, but are you using an older operating system like OS 7?  And what browser are you using?  Please tell me you aren’t using the Mac version of Explorer; it’s no longer supported by Microshit.  I normally use Firefox, but visited using Safari, Opera and Camino with no problems.

OS 7?!  There's no need to be insulting...Leopard 10.5.6, thankyouverymuch.  And I am using Safari...

You don’t have to wait for the whole page to load to begin checking out the content.

Actually, that was the problem--any time I tried to click anything, or even scroll down, before the page loaded completely, I'd get the big freeze.
Connection speed?  I'm on TWC broadband (in this particular neighborhood those fuckers are the only game in town, for the time being).  If you need more info than that we'll have to wait for Husband™ to get home.

#18 2009-02-25 17:01:34

George Orr wrote:

fnord wrote:

I know both of you are Mac users, but are you using an older operating system like OS 7?  And what browser are you using?  Please tell me you aren’t using the Mac version of Explorer; it’s no longer supported by Microshit.  I normally use Firefox, but visited using Safari, Opera and Camino with no problems.

OS 7?!  There's no need to be insulting...Leopard 10.5.6, thankyouverymuch.  And I am using Safari...

You don’t have to wait for the whole page to load to begin checking out the content.

Actually, that was the problem--any time I tried to click anything, or even scroll down, before the page loaded completely, I'd get the big freeze.
Connection speed?  I'm on TWC broadband (in this particular neighborhood those fuckers are the only game in town, for the time being).  If you need more info than that we'll have to wait for Husband™ to get home.

You can get more information from “About This Mac” under the Apple Icon.  I use OS 10.4.11 and have an Intel processor; I didn’t feel the need to upgrade to Leopard when it first came out because I wanted to wait for any kinks to be resolved.  Leopard had some stability problems when it first came out (nothing as bad as Windows however) which have probably been resolved via updates.  It doesn’t seem to run that well on G4 or G5 processors, and some people fudged installs on machines with older slower G4 processors that it otherwise wouldn't install on.  Firefox is a better browser than Safari; if you install it, you can import your Safari bookmarks.

#19 2009-02-25 17:04:33

I'm on Firefox 3.0.6, with the 64 bit beta Flash 10 on Ubuntu 9.04 "Juicy Jerkoff" alpha 4.  The page takes a billion years to load over my six megabit connection.  My browser does not crash until I close the page, which is an old issue with Adobe Flash on linux.  Of course, if Fnord hadn't put 100 fucking flash embeds on the page, that crash probably wouldn't happen.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I think the page should be kept as-is because it's Crueler that way.  Maybe add an animated background and turn autoplay on on all the embeds, if possible.

Last edited by jesusluvspegging (2009-02-25 17:14:41)

#20 2009-02-25 18:37:45

I have a suggestion to speed up your connections so the page doesn’t take so long to load.  I’ve configured my network to use OpenDNS, which speeds up my network to nearly the full speed I’m paying for from my ISP.  I would include a link, but they are upgrading their site right now.  Basically what OpenDNS does is bypass the overburdened Dynamic Name Server used by your ISP.  It’s free to setup and use.  If you like, you can also set up a free account with the company for parental filtering; I didn’t bother.

#21 2009-02-25 18:40:37

I already use OpenDNS.

Board footer

cruelery.com