#2 2007-11-03 23:30:44

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4927/annhirowv7.jpg

#3 2007-11-03 23:39:16

An Hero, indeed, Tojo. An Hero, indeed.

#4 2007-11-04 03:47:30

Mrs Stewart, a mother-of-two from Sutton Hill, said: “They were saying get help, wake your husband, think of your children, call an ambulance.”

If only Cruel had still been around.  I can't help but to think that we might have been able to help this poor woman:  "Twenty?  Yeah, that should be fine.  Now, do you have any brandy in the house?"

A Shropshire father-of-two who hanged himself in front of his webcam on March 21, watched by chatroom users, is believed to have been the first person in the UK to commit suicide on the internet.

Why have I not seen a clip of this yet?  Fucking slackers!

#5 2007-11-04 12:35:19

Decadence wrote:

Mrs Stewart, a mother-of-two from Sutton Hill, said: “They were saying get help, wake your husband, think of your children, call an ambulance.”

If only Cruel had still been around.  I can't help but to think that we might have been able to help this poor woman:  "Twenty?  Yeah, that should be fine.  Now, do you have any brandy in the house?"

A Shropshire father-of-two who hanged himself in front of his webcam on March 21, watched by chatroom users, is believed to have been the first person in the UK to commit suicide on the internet.

Why have I not seen a clip of this yet?  Fucking slackers!

Why didn't you see it?  you weren't here, even though peeps were concerned about yer well being.  We thoughts ya had overdosed, or the collectors had you in a butterfly net, then a rubber room.

#6 2007-11-05 01:08:38

Dmtdust wrote:

Why didn't you see it?  you weren't here, even though peeps were concerned about yer well being.  We thoughts ya had overdosed, or the collectors had you in a butterfly net, then a rubber room.

I wish - I'll not even start in on a few of the myriad ways in which this past year has figuratively kicked my ass (I will, however, say that I was without a life-line to my beloved internets for that period).  Schadenfreude is all well and good when you're not the victim of such amusement.  Eh, mayhaps once I finally reach the point where I can actually laugh at a bit of it . . .

A (What some might consider to be) stupid question:  Is the spell-check on here a feature of High-Street, or does that belong to FireFox?  I never down-loaded an add-on for that; So, . . .

#7 2007-11-05 01:21:12

I don't see a spell-check, and I'm on IE.  I think the spell-check comes standard on Firefox now, because I didn't download anything but the Google Toolbar...never mind I just double-checked.  The spell-check does come with FireFox.  There is also a spell-check from Google, but I didn't have it turned on and I still got the underlining.

#8 2007-11-05 01:44:51

tojo2000 wrote:

The spell-check does come with FireFox.  There is also a spell-check from Google, but I didn't have it turned on and I still got the underlining.

Ah, thanks.  Part of my reluctance in utilizing FireFox was that - When I last tried it a few years ago - it seemed to require that you down-load and install a rather questionable add-on for every damned feature that you wanted (Features, of course, which came standard with IE); However, for some reason, IE7 wasn't playing nicely with High-Street for me.  For some sites, I still use IE7 as they won't center in FireFox (I've a wide-screen monitor, and would prefer not to invoke a neck cramp whilst browsing).  Of course, I just down-loaded Opera yesterday, so I'll need to get up the nerve to play with that one here before long.

#9 2007-11-05 01:48:20

If it's displaying strangely no matter what browser you might want to check out a different skin.  I know a few of them displayed strangely for me.  I use Cobalt and it works fine with IE7.

#10 2007-11-05 01:59:09

I took a look at the other "skins" available this morning, and can't imagine that my eyes could long-sustain the abuse perpetrated by those other than the default ({Love Is Like} Oxygen).  High-Street actually displays fine in either browser.  My problems were more along the lines of forums disappearing, my tool-bar disappearing, right-click disabling itself . . .  Actually, I should probably consider reinstalling IE7.  I'm assuming that I can do that from Microsoft's web-site as opposed to risking a major fuck-up by pulling out the system recovery discs.  Yeah, I know - I'm a bit of a "pussy" when it comes to such matters; But, I've not the patience to zip and back-up my music collection at this time.  Besides, DVD's are rather pricey compared to CD's.

Last edited by Decadence (2007-11-05 02:01:29)

Board footer

cruelery.com