#2 2009-06-11 22:56:06

I read somewhere this morning that the Holocaust Museum shooting got mentioned for 55 seconds by O'Reilly, not at all by Sean Hannity and for 45 seconds by Greta Van Susteren

But to Fox News' credit, I do think Shepherd Smith did a great job with it live.

Last edited by AladdinSane (2009-06-12 01:06:46)

#3 2009-06-11 23:08:08

AladdinSane wrote:

I read somewhere this morning that the Holocaust Museum shooting got less than a minute on both O'Reilly and Hannity...

But to Fox News' credit, I do think Shepherd Smith did a great job with it live.

Such a big story and such a little response.  Amazing, Wot?

#4 2009-06-11 23:11:19

AladdinSane wrote:

I read somewhere this morning that the Holocaust Museum shooting got less than a minute on both O'Reilly and Hannity...

I kind of wonder how much longer he's going to last there.

#5 2009-06-11 23:55:59

You know there were fifteen or twenty other gun deaths in DC that day, so why should this one be so special.

#6 2009-06-12 00:10:14

fnord wrote:

You know there were fifteen or twenty other gun deaths in DC that day, so why should this one be so special.

It's not every day that some crazy old man shoots up a museum because he thinks the Judeo-African collective is controlling the Fed.

#7 2009-06-12 00:14:45

fnord wrote:

C'mon, even if you have Semetic issues or extremist sympathies, you still see the intrigue in such a story.  It's a fucking train wreck.

It's not terrorism.  It's not a tragedy of epic proportions.  It's not another whip-stripe down the backs of the Jewish people.

It is an intriguing story. 

If Rush et. al. are downplaying it for political reasons, be assured the other side is giving it more attention for the same reasons.

#8 2009-06-12 00:24:11

I don't know, Rush and Co. played up the muslims who wanted to bomb the jewish center - those muslims were right-wing extremists also....

#9 2009-06-12 00:57:49

tojo2000 wrote:

AladdinSane wrote:

I kind of wonder how much longer he's going to last there.

http://gawker.com/5287649/conservatives … his-firing

#10 2009-06-12 01:15:30

I don't know if you caught Glenn Beck on Wednesday, but he's gone so far off the deep track, he (and his guests) put the blame of the shooting solely on the left and political correctness:

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/ … eck_brunn/

Then, to top it off, Beck throws in the General Motors bailout as another “pressure,” drawing an amen from guest Harry Binswanger. Binswanger adds that this sort of violence is “a leftist phenomenon.” “Right,” says Beck.

#11 2009-06-12 07:29:04

Emmeran wrote:

I don't know, Rush and Co. played up the muslims who wanted to bomb the jewish center . . .

Not just "Faux News" - The Pseudo-Liberal Media "bent that one a bit" as well.  If you read the story, that was only one of three targets that those idiots were talked in-to "targeting" by our ever-vigilant Federal Law "Enforcement;" But, big fucking surprise, which target gets mentioned in all of the "head-lines?"  And, yet, we wonder why Zionists are so fucking despised?

Hey some-body "had to say it."

"Come down in time and I'll meet you half-way."

Salon wrote:

Glenn Beck stops making sense

Eh, "I got a girl-friend more psychotic than that.
No-One is crazier than you.
"

Last edited by Decadence (2009-06-12 07:37:14)

#12 2009-06-12 09:24:50

55 seconds is an eternal time on the nightly news. It's the equivalent of 72 point headline font. The complete collapse of our financial system and government takeover of the two largest industries in our country probably garnered 25 seconds, including the loud, swooping graphic intro and outro.

#13 2009-06-12 11:02:07

I do enjoy Rush now labeling everyone but Fox as the "State run media"

#14 2009-06-12 12:20:15

Before you all ejaculate thinking about right wing terrorism, you may want to look into Von Brunn's philosophy.  He is a racist, not a political wing nut terrorist.  His next target apparently was to be the conservative Weekly Standard Magazine.

Von Brunn's white supremacist roots put him under the rubric of a "right-wing extremist," but the substance of his views -- which included everything from believing that President Bush may have been in on the September 11 attacks to denying that President Obama is an American citizen -- are too far on the fringe to fit into conventional political classification.

#15 2009-06-12 13:02:04

phreddy wrote:

Before you all ejaculate thinking about right wing terrorism, you may want to look into Von Brunn's philosophy.  He is a racist, not a political wing nut terrorist.

This guy and the OK doctor-killer and the rest are no more "right wing" than Al Qaida is "left wing."  The shitballs-retarded news media just prefers convenient labels, is all.

Current conventional wisdom is that these nutbags are riled up by the election of a cullud man to the highest office in the land.  The changing demographic landscape of the U.S. has racists panicking.

Their way of thinking is dying off; their movement's in its death throes...and as I once pontificated on at length, death throes are frantic and violent and throw out a lot of damage. 

The last scions of the White Paar movement are getting desperate, and you all know the old saying about desperate times.  Expect to see a lot more shit like this.

#16 2009-06-12 13:14:17

Georgi wrote:

This guy and the OK doctor-killer and the rest are no more "right wing" than Al Qaida is "left wing."  The shitballs-retarded news media just prefers convenient labels, is all.

Current conventional wisdom is that these nutbags are riled up by the election of a cullud man to the highest office in the land.  The changing demographic landscape of the U.S. has racists panicking.

Their way of thinking is dying off; their movement's in its death throes...and as I once pontificated on at length, death throes are frantic and violent and throw out a lot of damage. 

The last scions of the White Paar movement are getting desperate, and you all know the old saying about desperate times.  Expect to see a lot more shit like this.

Agreed.  His advanced age makes me wonder if he thought he was going out in a blaze of glory.  There is also the possibility that others talked him into it, reasoning he didn't have much time left, so he should leave a mark and be remembered as a martyr.

Board footer

cruelery.com