#51 2007-10-25 23:35:43

https://cruelery.com/img/SAVETHEWHALE.JPG

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#52 2007-10-25 23:47:07

He looks like Ron Jeremy.

Are you ever gonna check yer email (High-Street)?

#53 2007-10-25 23:57:25

Damn, you're right. Bless you.

#55 2007-10-26 10:53:12

choad wrote:

Rogers loved and nurtured his front page and it showed.

BWAH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#56 2007-10-28 11:23:18

Ok, so what is the best method of see the new posts?  Not just the topics with new posts.

I.e. the scenario where you've been on for a while and you know that there are lots of new posts since you started reading.  If you use "recent posts" or "show new posts since last visit", you still have to scroll down past stuff you've read.

Obviously not a big deal, but I figure one of you have come up with the least painful way of getting up-to-date.  (I was wondering if a logout/login would help...)

#57 2007-11-02 15:42:02

Is there someway to alert you that you have new PMs so that I don't feel like such a douche announcing that I need to talk to someone off the board every ten minutes?

#58 2007-11-02 16:08:43

scotty wrote:

Is there someway to alert you that you have new PMs so that I don't feel like such a douche announcing that I need to talk to someone off the board every ten minutes?

Everything you see above you in this thread?

We're working on it. We've also, each one of us, got full-time paying gigs and families to attend.

Scotty, I'll ask again, nicely. Back off.

#59 2007-11-02 16:09:45

scotty wrote:

USE EMAIL!  YOU ANGER THE GODS.

#60 2009-08-05 22:01:33

Is there a multi-quote function available?  Something that would allow me to quote several users at once without quoting one and then C&Ping another?

No big deal, just something I was musing about.

*EDIT*  Who the hell is Pat Riot?

And just because I'm a prick:  What's the hold-up on avatars, smileys and signatures?  :)

Last edited by Scotty (2009-08-05 22:02:04)

#61 2009-08-05 22:29:00

Scotty wrote:

And just because I'm a prick:  What's the hold-up on avatars, smileys and signatures?  :)

Me. Never in hell. And you may want to wait a little longer before you ask again.

Trying to lure Pale out of hiding, aintcha?

#62 2009-08-05 22:35:08

choad wrote:

Scotty wrote:

Me. Never in hell. And you may want to wait a little longer before you ask again.

Trying to lure Pale out of hiding, aintcha?

I figured I'd get a cockslap from you for it, an angry *hrrmmphh* from O+ and if it gets other users kicking up a slight bit of dust, then yes, pale.

#63 2009-08-06 06:01:22

Scotty wrote:

Is there a multi-quote function available?  Something that would allow me to quote several users at once without quoting one and then C&Ping another?

No big deal, just something I was musing about.

You'd still have to select each entry that you wanted to quote; So, it wouldn't be much easier than simply using tabs and copying and pasting.

#64 2009-08-06 10:19:12

Decadence wrote:

You'd still have to select each entry that you wanted to quote; So, it wouldn't be much easier than simply using tabs and copying and pasting.

I'm on, how does this go, an-other board where the feature is a-vailable and three or four clicks is much pre-ferable to one click then scroll through, C&P, scroll through, C&P, reply.

#65 2009-08-07 00:42:56

Scotty wrote:

I'm on, how does this go, an-other board where the feature is a-vailable and three or four clicks is much pre-ferable to one click then scroll through, C&P, scroll through, C&P, reply.

If you care to reveal what the site is, I might be able to look at their code to see how it's done.  You filthy, two-timing slut.

PM me if you don't want to make it public.

#66 2009-08-09 07:29:22

A less text-based interface, so it doesn't look like one of those old listservs or a forum from 1999. The enabling of features that the software for this type of board already provides. Ultimately, anything else I could say--as I've tried to say so many times before--comes from years of grading and evaluating forums. This is a great big FAIL, and that has nothing to do with my personal experiences, at various times (I do notice that the annoyances tend to ebb and flow).

Truly, I've see hundreds of boards. Even if you have no interest in monetizing, then increased membership MUST be a chief concern. If you just want this to be a hidey-hole for a select few, then we've achieved that. If we want to garner another demographic (read: fresh meat), then things need to be a little more visually intriguing, a bit more familiar (in comparison to other forums), and suggestive of the features that similar boards provide.

I swear to you, if I could put my hand on a bible without burning, that you really have to break out of this retro mode and allow it to become a fully featured board. The SEO is already excellent, but you're killing new arrivals. Brag to me about your hits, but then compare them to joins. The ultimate choice is if you really WANT new people to find us and settle here. If the firm answer is no, then change nothing.

Board footer

cruelery.com