#1 2008-05-08 14:10:33

Anyone familiar with this stuff? New York lawmakers propose a ban, with penalties of up to three months in jail for possession, and a year for distribution.

Last edited by choad (2008-05-08 14:11:09)

#2 2008-05-08 15:32:54

Grassy hat.

http://www.geocities.com/m_chilcott/images/mark_grass_hat.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#3 2008-05-08 16:19:23

Owwie.

#4 2008-05-08 16:35:40

choad wrote:

Owwie.

Since that convo was so curtly derailed, there's no reason we can't discuss it here, if anyone wanted.

I tried S. divinorum on a couple of occasions, about a year ago. Both in leaf form, neither satisfactory or anything near what a friend promised would be the expected results (and he's tried bloody everything). Some users (try Erowid) report that the drops/distillations are more effective, and lace cigs, pot, or tea with it. I ended up giving the internet-bought bag to a friend for his birthday. Supposedly, he had more fun with it than I. Some report a pronounced, depersonalizing high; others, a quasi-religious experience, but both very short duration (no more than 20 minutes). I can't personally vouch for these experiences as I have seldom found myself properly sorted on herbals. If your body is more susceptible to organics of this nature, I imagine it could be quite satisfying, but definitely not a drug of frequent abuse or even common recreation.

#5 2008-05-08 20:12:50

Actually, I have had some rather interesting experiences on said substance. The primary reasons, in my experience, that people do not experience a reaction to Salvia is that it requires a higher temperature than other "herbals". I have used a bubbler and torch lighter for optimal experience. It does have quite a disorientating effect and it is best to sit when having and experience as things tend to twist and warp. It's a unique experience to be sure, but the effects tend to dissipate even on a strong dose within 45 minutes. I think putting a ban of this nature is once again friends in the government, ban something that is less harmful than things we buy every day legally.

I for one agree it is not a daily smoker. It's an experience unto itself really. I think my favorite experience was in a hot tub listening to nature music on a rather strong dose. All the pretty colors and yes my friends with a high dose you TRIP BALLS...

I for one still say legalize EVERYTHING! Put some age constraints as we do on things currently legal and lets all goto the Darwin awards!

If you'd like more information

Last edited by Dreadw0lf (2008-05-08 20:14:24)

#6 2008-05-08 20:34:09

I do not like it, but that doesn't mean it should become illegal.

Native Americans use it ceremonially, and that's cool. It's a little too intense for my own shallow mind, not being a Shaman and all that happy horseshit. And I was supposedly smoking the low-grade kind. I would hate to see how fucked up the good stuff would get me.

#7 2008-05-08 21:19:54

sofaking wrote:

I do not like it, but that doesn't mean it should become illegal.

Native Americans use it ceremonially, and that's cool. It's a little too intense for my own shallow mind, not being a Shaman and all that happy horseshit. And I was supposedly smoking the low-grade kind. I would hate to see how fucked up the good stuff would get me.

Well Sofie, I am a prairie nigger myself so perhaps that is why it is more to my palate. But, it is not something I would ever really pass my mind to use to just get high. I mean then again we have things like jenkim...

When smoked or chewed or taken properly the high is to such an extend as the provided video. Seriously when trying it you don't run many risks aside from falling down or just in general freaking out.

Here's what I found about laws on this currently.

Louisiana, Missouri, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Delaware, Maine, North Dakota, Illinois, and Kansas are the only states in the USA that currently have state-wide laws prohibiting possession of Salvia divinorum. Begining July 1, 2008, Salvia divinorum will also be illegal in Virginia. Louisiana and Oklahoma have provisions in their laws that allow possession of the plant when it is not intended for human consumption. In Oklahoma, plain Salvia divinorum is legal, but extract-enhanced leaves are not. The state of Maine only prohibits possession by minors. Possession remains legal for adults in Maine; however, it is illegal for adults to sell or transfer Salvia divinorum to anyone under 18 years of age. A local law prohibits possession and sale of Salvia divinorum in Suffolk County, New York. A city ordinance, enacted in April 2008, prohibits the sale of Salvia divinorum in the town of West Bridgewater, Massachusetts. To the best of my knowledge, Salvia divinorum is entirely legal in all other states.

Edit.

P.S. It's not native American in origin. Meant to say that the first time. Well South American, yes. But us high frontal Algonquins from north of the equatorial line didn't decide to smoke it or chew it first.

Last edited by Dreadw0lf (2008-05-08 21:22:13)

#8 2008-05-09 00:08:26

It is from Oaxaca, not South America.  It's use until recently was within a 100 mile radius within the state, by indigenous people only.  The last 10 years has been a disaster for this plant.

D

#9 2008-05-09 01:23:07

I tried it once, many years ago, got a brief flash of a disturbing insectile image, and put it down as I was looking for a different sort of experience at the time.  I've been meaning to give it another try.

#10 2008-05-09 02:29:27

Dmtdust wrote:

It is from Oaxaca, not South America.  It's use until recently was within a 100 mile radius within the state, by indigenous people only.  The last 10 years has been a disaster for this plant.

D

I take it you mean it is overharvested in its home range. I have never seen the imported version, but if that is the case people should learn that it grows rather nicely as a house plant and I have seen it overwinter well in unheated greenhouses in the NW.

#11 2008-05-09 03:06:07

Dmtdust wrote:

I blame Terence Mckenna. Yeah, yeah, may he rest in peace.

#12 2008-05-09 11:27:23

It started out that you could get the plant in two places... (live and expensive) then, through the efforts of assholian capitalism, then appears dried leaf, then tincture, pure salvinorin (salvinorin A) then all hell breaks loose with the extracts 5x, 10x, 20x adnauseaum...

Then, we get the situation with Youtube where idiots do it to prove.... what?

The original ceremonies practiced in Oaxaca are these: You go to the local Curandero, having lost something you want to find, or to examine something in your life...You are made to lie down in the dark, and then you are given 13 pairs of leaves to make into a quid and you chew..them (don't swallow...)  This the original experience is not duplicated with the (un-intentional due to ignorance over-doses of the non-native user. 

It was never smoked in its home territory.  That was first discovered back in the late 80's in Mexico city by street punks.

Anyway, with that spoken there is an article I could turn you onto in a magazine about keeping it legal in Oregon that I found on-line, if you want it.

Talk Later,

D

#13 2008-05-09 20:19:31

Oaxaca south mexico soooo sorry...

#14 2008-05-09 20:20:27

Dreadw0lf wrote:

You do realize that South Mexico is still North America, right?

#15 2008-05-09 22:20:57

tojo2000 wrote:

Dreadw0lf wrote:

You do realize that South Mexico is still North America, right?

Yeah, but isn't it closer to north Central America?

#16 2008-05-10 04:53:50

Taint wrote:

Yeah, but isn't it closer to north Central America?

Wait, I know this one. 

The arm bone connect-a-to-the leg bone...no, wait, the neck bone connect-a-to-the shoulder bone...wait, no, the wrist bone connect-a-to-the finger bone...aw, fuck it.

#17 2008-06-28 14:32:14

Salvia has been smoked for centuries by Mazatec Indians as a healing and divining tool.

Now, the hallucinogenic herb properly known as Salvia divinorum is becoming the "drug du jour" among some young adults, causing concern among parents, medical professionals, and lawmakers.

Adding to their worries: It's cheap, easy to get, and in most states, perfectly legal... (read more)

Once upon a time, I'd purchased about a thirty grams of the stuff via an online herb shop. Smoking did nothing. Tea did nothing. Chewing was an abominable activity I shall not recount. I guess there are just some people for whom the doors of perception have a Do Not Enter sign. I ended up giving it to a friend of a friend as a birthday present. This was the sort of person for whom the very air we breathe seemed to get him off, so I can only hope it warped his mind irreparably.

#18 2008-06-28 14:37:02

'Salvia has been smoked for centuries by Mazatec Indians as a healing and divining tool.'

Bullshit.

Never, ever used in this method by its indigenous adherents.

#19 2008-08-07 13:26:41

Where are they now? Some may remember Neal Pollack from Cruel Daze during the runnup to the Iraqi occupation...

Confessions of a salvia eater

#20 2008-08-07 16:20:24

This is an excellent article imo.

D

#21 2008-08-07 21:51:01

Using salvia is like having a bad fever.

You sweat, feel very uncomfortable, and get quite confused for a little while.

There is a lack of euphoria, in my experience.  Much like woodrose or morning glory.

Passing laws against it would certainly irk me, as it's just another way to garner votes and collect money.  On the other hand, I wouldn't feel that we've lost anything.  I've never known anyone who used salvia habitually.  It's always just something to try.

#22 2008-08-08 03:01:05

raoul.duke wrote:

Using salvia is like having a bad fever.

You sweat, feel very uncomfortable, and get quite confused for a little while.

There is a lack of euphoria, in my experience.  Much like woodrose or morning glory.

Your doing it wrong. heh.

#23 2008-08-08 08:53:16

I, for one, don't think that I would either enjoy or be benefited from the experience.

But just the idea that the government wants to outlaw it causes a burning desire to plant an acre of it in my back yard.

#24 2008-09-09 00:10:36

I tend to think a movement, phenomenon, or pasttime is officially over by the moment the New York Times gets its mitts on it. The instant the "educated" are apprised of a substance being abused, well get ready for your PTAs, church groups, and city councils to launch a rarely needed "crackdown." On that note, expect your small market stations to get started with those fear-mongering teasers: "It's a new drug, it's available online, and your kids may be taking it. What is this horrible scourge of humanity, and why is it TOTALLY LEGAL?"

Perhaps Local6 in Florida will be next!

#25 2009-04-23 22:16:21

hey guys, check out this site I just found: www.salviasociety.org  I heard about it on Fox News last night. The guy who owns it was talking how he's trying to stop legislation in different states from banning the herb.  I hope he succeeds, meanwhile they just banned it in my State (Minnesota) :(

#26 2009-04-23 22:19:00

andrielle wrote:

hey guys, check out this site I just found: www.salviasociety.org  I heard about it on Fox News last night. The guy who owns it was talking how he's trying to stop legislation in different states from banning the herb.  I hope he succeeds, meanwhile they just banned it in my State (Minnesota) :(

Oh yes... Spamming to save Salvia, by selling... Salvia!  what a novel idea.

#27 2009-04-23 22:55:11

andrielle wrote:

Welcome, spammer!

Eat shit and die.

No, wait.  Set up a webcam, then eat shit and die.

#28 2009-04-23 22:57:15

andrielle wrote:

It doesn't help your cause to post videos showing the drug's horrifying effects.

#29 2009-04-23 23:48:51

Spamwhore McThumbdick wrote:

Salvia and Sex

The use of the Salvia Divinorum for improving sexual pleasure is one of the secrets that devotees to Salvia don't share with everyone. Just as Salvia enhances your creativity, opens your mind, and inspires your imagination, Salvia Divinorum can give you the gift of better sex.

Throughout history, sexual pleasure seekers have felt that they knew certain foods, drinks, or Herbs That Enhanced Sexual Pleasure. Yet every time, these supposed aphrodisiacs turned out to be mythical, urban legends when it came to great sex.

Until now.

Salvia Divinorum genuinely stimulates desire, improves sexual stimulation and pleasure. Try Salvia and sex to see for yourself - Buy Salvia Right Now!

#30 2009-04-24 01:27:32

jesusluvspegging wrote:

Salvia Divinorum genuinely stimulates desire, improves sexual stimulation and pleasure. Try Salvia and sex to see for yourself - Buy Salvia Right Now!

From what I understand (also from my own seeming failure to get off on it), the high only lasts about 10-20 minutes. I don't know about the rest of you, but that's not quite long enough to really enjoy sex.

#31 2009-04-24 01:29:11

pALEPHx wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

From what I understand (also from my own seeming failure to get off on it), the high only lasts about 10-20 minutes. I don't know about the rest of you, but that's not quite long enough to really enjoy sex.

Well, you can prolong it with a few different techniques.  But really, that is not what Salvia is about.

D

#32 2009-04-24 02:53:04

pALEPHx wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

Well, I'm not experienced in Salvia use, but I imagine it would be difficult to enjoy sex while flopping on the floor, seeing the smells in the room and whatever other strange shit makes you completely unable to connect with your body.

#33 2009-04-24 02:59:18

It improves sex, if you're having sex that's so bad you'd rather be staring, terrified, into the naked face of Gawd.

#34 2009-04-24 04:00:57

jesusluvspegging wrote:

It improves sex, if you're having sex that's so bad you'd rather be staring, terrified, into the naked face of Gawd.

That depends, does God have tits?

#35 2009-04-24 04:03:21

tojo2000 wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

Not on His face.

#36 2009-09-09 16:58:12

jesusluvspegging wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

Not on His face.

No one really has proof of what God looks like, technically. So this isnt a factual statement.

Besides that I really cant imagine anyone feeling sexy when they are travelin thru a tunnel and unable to control themself. Would you like start the sex and then say ' hey lets hit this salvia' then still be inside when you both start traveling in your mind?

It just sucks that every time we find something that we can escape this drab reality with they find a way to take it away so we have to suffer and then we take medicine because we are suffering from depression now.

Ha. It's too much really. Besides does the economy really want to be wasting it's thought pattern on salvia when we are all starving and uninsured?

I bought a salvia plant and they are hella easy to grow http://hubpages.com/hub/how-to-Grow-Salvia-Divinorum. I think that's the way to go, cause if you decided you wanted to do it and your state banned it. Your outta luck. Which seems to be what's happening. Everyone is gonna ban it. That way we arent focused on what's really going on if they cant keep a poor man down.

#37 2009-09-09 17:01:16

kim

Driving on Salvia. I love this video

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/484415/

I'm not a big fan of this stuff, just because you can't really control what the fuck is going on

#38 2009-09-09 17:33:01

SallyDee wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

Not on His face.

No one really has proof of what God looks like, technically. So this isnt a factual statement.

Besides that I really cant imagine anyone feeling sexy when they are travelin thru a tunnel and unable to control themself. Would you like start the sex and then say ' hey lets hit this salvia' then still be inside when you both start traveling in your mind?

It just sucks that every time we find something that we can escape this drab reality with they find a way to take it away so we have to suffer and then we take medicine because we are suffering from depression now.

Ha. It's too much really. Besides does the economy really want to be wasting it's thought pattern on salvia when we are all starving and uninsured?

I bought a salvia plant and they are hella easy to grow http://hubpages.com/hub/how-to-Grow-Salvia-Divinorum. I think that's the way to go, cause if you decided you wanted to do it and your state banned it. Your outta luck. Which seems to be what's happening. Everyone is gonna ban it. That way we arent focused on what's really going on if they cant keep a poor man down.

Flogging your plants?  At least you aren't selling extract, which I applaud you for.  You might seriously consider lowering your dosage, as what you are describing is due to doing too much. 

Why do I know this?  I have worked with this plant for over 15 years on research projects, papers etc. Lower the dose.  You might actually get somewhere.

It is in the right dosage very, very easy to work with.  You might even try the Mazatec original method of using a quid, which gives a far different (read better) expericence.

Treat it with respect.  Thanx!  Bai!

#39 2009-09-10 08:24:19

Dreadw0lf wrote:

I mean then again we have things like jenkim...

I don't know how to "break this to you" other than to come right out and say it.  Jenkim was an inter-nets meme created to have a laugh at re-actions of authorities and gullible parents who were certain to "freak out" when they heard of this new "phenomenon".

#40 2009-09-10 14:15:38

Why does a little sprout of SD cost $35+? Methinks some people WANT it to go illegal. Might as well prohibit entry into the market and protect profits. Oh sure, they will sell you the dried leaf, free of viable seeds, but want big money for a do-it-yourself kit.

Might as well go back to breeding "pure"-bred dogs.

#41 2009-09-10 14:18:05

SallyDee wrote:

Bitch, I think I know My own Father.

#42 2009-09-10 19:04:05

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Why does a little sprout of SD cost $35+? Methinks some people WANT it to go illegal. Might as well prohibit entry into the market and protect profits. Oh sure, they will sell you the dried leaf, free of viable seeds, but want big money for a do-it-yourself kit.

Might as well go back to breeding "pure"-bred dogs.

Hell if you lived near me I would give you cuttings for free.  Since I am not go to http://www.greenstranger.com excellent prices, good people and they deliver up until the first freeze..

D

#43 2009-09-10 19:06:06

From GreenStranger.com:  Salvia divinorum - 3 plants (Cerro Quemado strain) Salvia divinorum (Cerro Quemado strain) 5-10" tall - 3 plants for $42.00

#44 2009-09-11 08:32:37

I guess 3 plants for $42 is a little better than 1 plant for $35. But why does it cost more than a $5 perennial down at the nursery? But thanks for the offer DMT.

I don't have any desire to smoke it. I just want to grow it BECAUSE so many states are making it illegal. I had no desire to grow it before when it was legal. But now it's a 5 year felony in Florida and is "sort of" illegal in Virginia, the two states where I have interests.

#45 2009-09-11 11:02:23

If you can get it locally, do.  It is not in great demand in the general public, and greenstranger.com is a small company.  Gotta make it some how.

Board footer

cruelery.com