#2 2009-11-08 14:53:24

Old cartoons always had the *best* music. I miss that.  The only modern cartoon that even approached that was Ren & Stimpy.

#3 2009-11-09 18:55:39

kim

Wheres the "three lumps or four" cartoon???

#4 2009-11-09 19:49:46

whosasailorthen wrote:

Old cartoons always had the *best* music. I miss that.  The only modern cartoon that even approached that was Ren & Stimpy.

If it weren't for Carl W. Stalling I would have grown up with zero exposure to classical music.

#5 2009-11-10 09:42:04

George Orr wrote:

If it weren't for Carl W. Stalling I would have grown up with zero exposure to classical music.

I quite agree. The music that was used to represent industrial machinery was my favorite.

A few years ago, NPR played a musical piece that the DJ introduced as containing all of the music used on the Warner Brothers cartoons. I was skeptical, but my heart soared when I heard the piece. Not only was it the same music used but it was produced/performed exactly as it was in the cartoons. Just incredible.

The piece was introduced as the Poet and Peasant Overture but even after 10 years of searching I have been unable to find this particular piece.

Does anybody here have any leads?

#6 2009-11-10 18:08:58

Thank you Forti, I don't have this one in my old scratchy MPEG collection.

The highlight is the wonderfully rotoscoped Hitler at the end. 

I'm sure Fein or Ruddy watched this one.

#7 2009-11-11 00:11:32

wolfpitlord wrote:

The piece was introduced as the Poet and Peasant Overture but even after 10 years of searching I have been unable to find this particular piece.

Does anybody here have any leads?

Not ALL the music by any means, but:

The cartoonish parts start about 3:33.

"Industrial" cartoon music? Maybe Raymond Scott's "Powerhouse":

#8 2009-11-11 00:31:08

I can't...can't help...myself... Oh God, must...post... this...kill me, please, kill me.

Board footer

cruelery.com