#1 2009-12-30 18:45:03

No, not a .0708, a .708.  And she is still alive..  I've been pretty drunk before, but this....

#2 2009-12-30 18:51:00

It takes a lifetime of systematic hard drinking to build up that kind of tolerance.  My dear departed drunken grandfather started drinking like a pro at around age ten.  This woman must have started shortly after she was out of diapers.

#3 2009-12-30 19:02:39

As an alcoholic, let me say that I am in awe.  Before I got sober, I would be willing to bet that I would have blown a .50 on several occasions, and that damn near killed me.  Nothing like this woman. 

I wonder if the cold in Rapid City had anything to do with it?  I just moved to Iowa, and the cold slows you down, big-time.  Maybe she wasn't metabolizing it fully yet, or something.

I hope the poor woman gets into AA before she dies.  Alcohol has several ways of taking you down, ranging from slow-and-fairly-ugly to dead-before-you-hit-the-floor.

Last edited by Montecore (2009-12-30 19:04:45)

#4 2009-12-30 19:04:31

George Orr wrote:

It takes a lifetime of systematic hard drinking to build up that kind of tolerance.  My dear departed drunken grandfather started drinking like a pro at around age ten.  This woman must have started shortly after she was out of diapers.

I spoke about this with a Sheriff's Captain I know.  He said he has seen coroner reports of high blood levels in people who drank themselves to death, but has never seen a live person achieve better than a .50.  This would indeed require some training.

#5 2009-12-30 21:25:47

Montecore wrote:

Alcohol has several ways of taking you down, ranging from slow-and-fairly-ugly to dead-before-you-hit-the-floor.

Or car smashes into something at high speed. Just hope it isn't another car.

Board footer

cruelery.com