#2 2010-01-27 15:11:50

You know, he may never have sex with another guy ever again, but he will always know that he's struggling with his true nature - and she knows it, too.

On a better note, Sofie! Have you been seeing other web sites?

#3 2010-01-27 15:26:09

I'm willing to bet that Ted Haggard has more reason to be grateful for Firefox's Private Browsing feature than almost anyone else on this planet.

#4 2010-01-27 15:31:15

How convieeenieent!  It was all the fault of a nasty child molester who violated his innocence!  He isn't going to be honest and admit he likes dick.  And when he is on top of his wife, he's thinking about other men.  His sham marriage is typical of those engaged in during bygone times; quickly saddle the wife with a large brood so she will be too exhausted to give a shit what he does with his dick, and grateful to be left alone!  He likes the big butch studly type and it’s only a matter of time until he’s caught with a man fitting this description.

On another note, I'm very happy rumors of Sofie's demise were greatly exaggerated!

#5 2010-01-27 15:39:22

Taint wrote:

You know, he may never have sex with another guy ever again, but he will always know that he's struggling with his true nature - and she knows it, too.

No, smoochie.

I have been making gourmet cannabis candies for the cannabis clubs.

My newest business venture, and it takes up a lot of time.

#6 2010-01-27 16:57:37

Sofie wrote:

Of course it does.  Try keeping sampling to a minimum and discover how much more productive you'll become.

Edit:  Check that.  What was I thinking?  This is Sofie.

Last edited by phreddy (2010-01-27 16:59:25)

#7 2010-01-27 17:06:21

What goes in a gourmet cannabis candy? I hope it's not the good to smoke parts. Stems, right?

#8 2010-01-27 17:55:14

Bigcat wrote:

What goes in a gourmet cannabis candy? I hope it's not the good to smoke parts. Stems, right?

You take some good midgrade buds (3/4 of an ounce), clean them of seeds, grind the hell out of them in the Cusinart, then melt a pound of unsalted butter in a double boiler and add the bud powder. Then you gently heat and stir this mixture for about an hour. If you overheat it, it destroys the potency.

After, you strain it through a cheesecloth and use the handle of a wooden spoon to twist and squeeze all the stuff out really well.

After this, you make fudge, cookies, caramels, brownies, and Rice Krispie treats from the bud butter. The treats will fuck you UP. Especially the fudge.

It is fun, profitable, legal (kind of), and I feel good about helping sick people.

It is time consuming, though. I'll do it until I get bored with it.

Last edited by sofaking (2010-01-27 17:55:51)

#9 2010-01-27 18:04:39

Awesome, thank you.

I don't have anywhere near 3/4oz now but I'll start shaving off my smoke allowance and have some nice Easter treats.

#10 2010-01-27 18:21:00

Bigcat wrote:

Awesome, thank you.

I don't have anywhere near 3/4oz now but I'll start shaving off my smoke allowance and have some nice Easter treats.

You don't need 3/4 of an ounce. That is to make large batches of treats for people smoking better weed than is normally available to most stoners, and it makes 2 cups of bud butter, which makes a lot of treats.

You could take 1/4 oz, and use 2 sticks of butter, and it will make a cup of bud butter for a couple of batches of treats.

#11 2010-01-27 18:42:06

sofaking wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

You take some good midgrade buds (3/4 of an ounce), clean them of seeds, grind the hell out of them in the Cusinart, then melt a pound of unsalted butter in a double boiler and add the bud powder. Then you gently heat and stir this mixture for about an hour. If you overheat it, it destroys the potency.

After, you strain it through a cheesecloth and use the handle of a wooden spoon to twist and squeeze all the stuff out really well.

Good works are their own reward! Good for you, Sofie! I've tried cupcakes with butter icing, and they definitely  WILL lay you out.

What do you think about the Superbutter process, i.e. putting the bud and butter in gently boiling water, then letting the debris sink to the bottom and the butter rise to the top, where it can be scooped out after it cools? As I understand it, it makes a cleaner, tastier butter and the water prevents overheating

#12 2010-01-27 18:49:43

Tall Paul wrote:

sofaking wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

Good works are their own reward! Good for you, Sofie! I've tried cupcakes with butter icing, and they definitely  WILL lay you out.

What do you think about the Superbutter process, i.e. putting the bud and butter in gently boiling water, then letting the debris sink to the bottom and the butter rise to the top, where it can be scooped out after it cools? As I understand it, it makes a cleaner, tastier butter and the water prevents overheating

I will have to try that method, too.

It seems easier than the constant stirring of the double boiler method.

I love hearing about when people just throw a handful of weed in the recipe, not knowing they're wasting their weed (which is only soluble in oil or alcohol). Besides, who the hell wants to eat treats with pieces of weed in them? Yuck-O.

Last edited by sofaking (2010-01-27 22:13:49)

#13 2010-01-27 20:26:01

sofaking wrote:

Crock-Pots, people! Crock-Pots!

#14 2010-01-27 22:11:09

Taint wrote:

sofaking wrote:

Dear GOD, I love you!

Now I can spend more time fucking off here instead of chained to the stove.

I found a technique for the slow cooker.

#15 2010-01-27 22:53:41

I'd just like to mention that I am a veteran connoiseur of fine candies, and I'd be more than happy to provide you with a critique of your wares if you'll just send me some samples.  And because we're net-friends, I won't even charge you or anything.

#16 2010-01-27 23:03:28

George Orr wrote:

I'd just like to mention that I am a veteran connoiseur of fine candies, and I'd be more than happy to provide you with a critique of your wares if you'll just send me some samples.  And because we're net-friends, I won't even charge you or anything.

They're gooooood.

#17 2010-01-28 00:08:45

Sofie, our MySpace page has a TeeVee widget that features videos on cooking with marajawanna.  One of the videos deals with making lollipops and hard candies (these keep longer than things like rice krispie bars).  For these you need to use THC that’s been suspended in a liqueur known as Green Dragon.  There is a video on making Green Dragon just prior to the one on making hard candies.

#18 2010-01-28 00:52:15

sofaking wrote:

Taint wrote:

sofaking wrote:

Dear GOD, I love you!

Now I can spend more time fucking off here instead of chained to the stove.

I found a technique for the slow cooker.

You're kidding, aren't you? You really haven't used a slow cooker for making butter before? Man, it's the only way to do it. Just remember to keep it on the lowest temperature.

#19 2010-01-28 10:06:33

Taint wrote:

You're kidding, aren't you? You really haven't used a slow cooker for making butter before?...

Now, now, don't pick on her, Taint.  Remember her little mind is addled from all the weed.

#20 2010-01-28 11:37:51

sofaking wrote:

Taint wrote:

No, smoochie.

How would one go about getting recipes for such a thing?  Or a sample or two?  (hahahahha right....)

#21 2010-01-28 13:29:35

Sofie gave a detailed recipe above:

After this, you make fudge, cookies, caramels, brownies, and Rice Krispie treats from the bud butter. The treats will fuck you UP. Especially the fudge.

It is fun, profitable, legal (kind of), and I feel good about helping sick people.

It is time consuming, though. I'll do it until I get bored with it

#22 2010-01-29 01:47:51

sofaking wrote:

You take some good midgrade buds (3/4 of an ounce), clean them of seeds

Seeds?  What are seeds doing in your marijuana?

Tall Pall wrote:

What do you think about the Superbutter process, i.e. putting the bud and butter in gently boiling water

I do the 2 phase (butter and water) extraction.  It gets the green out.  I don’t bother straining with the cheese cloth; I think too much butter is lost.  I use a coffee grinder so what stays in the butter layer is real fine.  Candy is different than cookies though.

#23 2010-01-29 07:59:47

phoQ wrote:

sofaking wrote:

You take some good midgrade buds (3/4 of an ounce), clean them of seeds

Seeds?  What are seeds doing in your marijuana?

"No stems, no seeds, that you don't need..."

Last edited by whosasailorthen (2010-01-29 08:01:11)

#24 2010-01-29 09:19:31

Tall Paul wrote:

This is the method that I use for making "herbed butter". Melt 2-3 sticks of butter in about 1-2 cups of water, gently simmering. Grind the snot out of your herbs, about 1/2 to 1 oz of regs or mids. No use going with the good stuff for this. Sprinkle into the butter/water mixture, stir well, cover and lower until it's barely simmering. If you let it boil it will "self stir" but I always worry about pushing off too many aromatics. I prefer to very gently simmer and stir it myself. Go for about 20-30 minutes, making sure that the butter and water mix well and keep the green sludge in suspension. Gradually the ground green will start to get waterlogged and sink. You are almost done. I turn off the heat and continue to stir for another 10 minutes or so. Not constantly, just give it a few swishes every minute or two. Then pour the mix into a wide plastic bowl, sized so that the butter is at least 1.5 inches thick on top of the water. Let cool on the counter for a few minutes. You should see the green sludge on the bottom and the butter should be a light emerald color. Transfer carefully (without sloshing) to the fridge and let cool for an hour or two. The clarified butter will be solid and can be chipped off in big chunks and the water can be discarded. Freeze the butter if you want to store it. My recipe of 3 sticks butter, 1.5 cups water and 1 oz regs gives a pretty decent dose with 1 butter pat sized butter.

The great thing about this is that you don't loose any butter in the cheese cloth, and the water absorbs all of the harsh chlorophyll and stem bits, leaving nothing but a green clarified butter that glows with a secret inner light.

If you cook this into something (I just spread it on homemade sourdough rye or melt over linguine with extra garlic) don't exceed 300-350 degrees when cooking or you will just send it up the smokestack.

Board footer

cruelery.com