#1 2010-03-19 10:54:41

"Thomas Horseonovich" is being suggested to me on facebook. He has two friends. I don't know either of them. Is Thomas Horse's first name??? I can't remember for the life of me, and I'm honestly kind of relieved that I don't remember...but shit. What the fuck's this and is facebook out to get me? What/who else does it know???? YOU GUYS MAY NOT BE SAFE!!!! Where's Kathy?

#2 2010-03-19 10:56:11

I actually screamed HEY, WAIT A MINUTE in that subject heading, but as usual I'm the only one who enjoys yelling. I need real life autocorrection.

#3 2010-03-19 12:03:21

That's either the geniune article or someone from Cruel/here making a bad joke.  It is canon (though it may not be true) that the Equine's real name is T o m C o ll i g a n.  You say he has two "friends"--what does that tell ya?

But the more relevant question is:  WTF are you still doing on Facebook?  It's, like, sooo 2007.  It's just full of grandmas and clueless people now.

#4 2010-03-19 12:11:22

George Orr wrote:

That's either the geniune article or someone from Cruel/here making a bad joke.  It is canon (though it may not be true) that the Equine's real name is T o m C o ll i g a n.  You say he has two "friends"--what does that tell ya?

But the more relevant question is:  WTF are you still doing on Facebook?  It's, like, sooo 2007.  It's just full of grandmas and clueless people now.

Hey! As a clueless grandma, I resent that remark.

#6 2010-03-19 15:25:47

George Orr wrote:

This probably just proves that I SHOULD be on Facebook with the clueless Grammas. I can't believe I thought that was his last name. After all we've been through!

Is the whole wide world just on Twitter now? I hear that Twitter's starting to go down the shitter. ha HA! Sigh.

#7 2010-03-19 15:53:04

It's likely that is the Horse we love to hate.  Particularly as the page that Fred links to is definitely not Horse.

I just hope he doesn't show up here now that he's been summoned.  I'll get blamed.

Kathy has been quite active on here lately, and he's getting increasingly paranoid. 

HIYA CHERRY!

#8 2010-03-19 19:02:25

Shaking in your boots, Opie?  Variations on Horsie pervade the intertubes, and no one knows which is the sock and which is the puppet.

#9 2010-03-19 19:21:32

Right, so, I am idle these days and I got curious, so I went on Facebook.  And now I have a "wall" and "friends" and people from my past are coming out of the fucking woodwork.  My high school graduating class (1978, people; it's not like this was a recent milestone in our lives) is a "group."  All this in, like, the last three hours.

I do like sending messages to my ma and sis and my younger relatives; but aside from being able to send little cutesy notes to family members, WHAT is the point of this thing?

#10 2010-03-19 19:30:06

George Orr wrote:

Right, so, I am idle these days and I got curious, so I went on Facebook.  And now I have a "wall" and "friends" and people from my past are coming out of the fucking woodwork.  My high school graduating class (1978, people; it's not like this was a recent milestone in our lives) is a "group."  All this in, like, the last three hours.

I do like sending messages to my ma and sis and my younger relatives; but aside from being able to send little cutesy notes to family members, WHAT is the point of this thing?

Ahh, you have just made a mess that is hard to unmake; everyone forgets that you stopped socializing with those folks for a reason.

#11 2010-03-19 19:38:22

Emmeran wrote:

everyone forgets that you stopped socializing with those folks for a reason.

I don't know much about Facebook and I'm sorta stumbling around a bit; but I'm not so gormless as to accept every "friendship" request.  I just find some of it a bit disturbing.

Apparently my family (mostly the female members) use Facebook to keep in touch, so maybe I'll get some recipes out of this.  About nine out of 10 of 'em are addicted to "FarmVille" and I don't even want to know what that nonsense is about.

Is it true that people network on Facebook to find jobs?

#12 2010-03-19 19:58:26

Yes.  I watch people pick up jobs quite frequently on FB.

#13 2010-03-19 20:13:04

Supposedly some people use it to get laid also...

#14 2010-03-19 20:13:14

Dusty wrote:

Yes.  I watch people pick up jobs quite frequently on FB.

How the heck?  It's all FarmVille and baby pictures and shit.

Last edited by George Orr (2010-03-19 23:59:28)

#15 2010-03-19 20:15:51

Hey, getting laid at a church function is far easier than at a club (shhh...don't tell teh gays)

#16 2010-03-19 20:20:51

Georgie, I found just about everyone I've ever known in my life on Facebook, which is good and bad. Probably half-and-half. I resisted joining for a long time. I have family all over the country and that way I can post photos of the kid -- which bores everyone but relatives (and possibly the relatives, too) -- to tears, but at least they get to see her. Also, I'm a stay-at-home mom now, so as pathetic as this sounds, it's sort of a lifeline....wow that came across worse than I meant. I bet you wouldn't let me find you on there, would you....

HEY, OPS!!!

#17 2010-03-19 20:21:41

George Orr wrote:

My high school graduating class (1978, people...

WOO I found a classmate!

Most of our generational ilk are amused by Twitter, MySpace, FaceBook, LinkedIn but don't participate.  We value our privacy.

Edit: Killed an "and", and while I'm at it... CHERRY VANILLA VODKA!

Last edited by opsec (2010-03-19 20:23:58)

#18 2010-03-19 20:23:23

P.S. http://www.facebook.com/people/Meg-Kelso/1117985420

I didn't know she was all over the nets. I thought she was our own special Meg.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/author.p … =Meg+Kelso

Last edited by Cherry Vanilla (2010-03-19 20:25:45)

#19 2010-03-19 20:40:22

Emmeran wrote:

Supposedly some people use it to get laid also...

Honestly Em, when was the last time...

#20 2010-03-19 23:16:46

Cherry Vanilla wrote:

P.S. http://www.facebook.com/people/Meg-Kelso/1117985420

I didn't know she was all over the nets. I thought she was our own special Meg.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/author.p … =Meg+Kelso

Ew.

MK has 34 "friends."  I'm nearly up to that just with family members and I've only been on Facebook since about noon today.

#21 2010-03-19 23:33:17

opsec wrote:

Kathy has been quite active on here lately, and he's getting increasingly paranoid accurate.

FTFY.  Scares the fuck out of me, too.

Also, check the file name, CV:
https://cruelery.com/header/tommy.gif

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#22 2010-03-20 00:02:29

George Orr wrote:

Not quite as bad as MySpace, though. I swear, in less than three months recently, I saw MySpace go from "where it's at" in terms of exposure, to "why even bother posting here?" I have to wonder what that's all about. Something I absolutely HATED about MySpace was the way anyone could post any bit of crap to anyone's page - while most often not knocking down the DPI to less than 96. So I got all kinds of assholes posting dumbass pics at a resolution suited for something to be printed at a huge size.

#23 2010-03-20 00:08:55

opsec wrote:

Most of our generational ilk are amused by Twitter, MySpace, FaceBook, LinkedIn but don't participate.  We value our privacy.

I am verrrrrry paranoid about being outed on the Net.  I've gone on about that at length in the past so I won't repeat myself now. 

I do enjoy looking at the Twits from time to time, but it gets old fast.

#24 2010-03-20 01:45:51

I'm with George, I'm very paranoid about being outed on the net.  Tonight on a chat site, somebody used my real first name and I was freaked until I realized they were talking to someone else in the chat group.

#25 2010-03-20 03:06:48

Facebook was interesting as an alternative to keeping in touch with friends and relatives by email, but all the farmville and mafia stuff got tiresome in a hurry. I killed my account.

One thing that was fun was to right click the ads and report all of them as "offensive".

#26 2010-03-20 10:52:50

sigmoid freud wrote:

One thing that was fun was to right click the ads and report all of them as "offensive".

Heh.  Thanks for that.

Oh, and you can "Hide" all comments that relate to FarmVille/Mafia War/etc. by clicking "Hide" on the upper right of one entry.  And yes, I had to do that almost right away.  If I hadn't had that option I'd already be gone outta Facebook.

#27 2010-03-20 12:38:40

George Orr wrote:

Oh, and you can "Hide" all comments that relate to FarmVille/Mafia War/etc. by clicking "Hide" on the upper right of one entry.  And yes, I had to do that almost right away.  If I hadn't had that option I'd already be gone outta Facebook.

Thanks George, now I can visit Facebook without cussing all the egg/mafia/farm idio... err buddies.

#28 2010-03-20 14:47:40

I'm openly proud to say I don't Facebook, MySpace or Twitter, partially because I'm not technologically-savvy enough...I'm having a hard enough time trying to learn Excel.

#29 2010-03-20 16:59:09

Nah, Facebook's been great both socially and professionally. I'm in the middle of a really great correspondence with a writer (50 cookbooks to her credit) who is advising me on my own book proposal - we met, by the way, through a mutual friend (an old editor of mine) on Facebook. Since I'm working at home, I have several ongoing conversations going with other freelance writers all over the place. And it's been really wonderful being back in regular contact with old friends and relatives.

I like Facebook.

#30 2010-03-20 21:26:35

Taint wrote:

I'm in the middle of a really great correspondence with a writer (50 cookbooks to her credit) who is advising me on my own book proposal .

Is she Hot?!?

#31 2010-03-20 21:31:41

Emmeran wrote:

Taint wrote:

I'm in the middle of a really great correspondence with a writer (50 cookbooks to her credit) who is advising me on my own book proposal .

Is she Hot?!?

She's a great cook, a talented writer, and fun to hang out with at food shows. That's what you meant, right?

#32 2010-03-20 22:28:03

Taint wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Taint wrote:

Is she Hot?!?

She's a great cook, a talented writer, and fun to hang out with at food shows. That's what you meant, right?

Obviously you are overly gay, while I appreciate all of those collateral assets what I really want to know is.... do I want to impregnate her?

#33 2010-03-21 04:06:14

Emmeran wrote:

Taint wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Is she Hot?!?

Obviously you are overly gay, while I appreciate all of those collateral assets what I really want to know is.... do I want to impregnate her?

Wouldn't it just be easier to use a sperm bank donor or adopt?

#34 2010-03-21 12:40:41

Taint wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Taint wrote:

Wouldn't it just be easier to use a sperm bank donor or adopt?

Wild Oats son, gotta sow dem wild oats.

I don't actually want to impregnate the women I meet; but I really want make a valiant attempt.

#35 2010-03-21 14:00:11

Em, I have to ask...  Have you actually scored off of FB?  Is that your motivating factor for being there?  I promise no smart ass retort, I am just very curious.

#36 2010-03-21 22:45:49

Dmtdust wrote:

Em, I have to ask...  Have you actually scored off of FB?  Is that your motivating factor for being there?  I promise no smart ass retort, I am just very curious.

My motivating factor for being anywhere is to get laid; but no, not facebook.  I've been in a very satisfying relationship these past five years and don't see any reason to go and fuck that up.

#37 2010-04-04 22:31:47

Dear Cunts.

The FB account that approached Cherry was not moi.  My FB is sealed off from outsiders.  Had to scramble about a year ago (was it?) when they changed the rules, in order to avoid detection from meatspace and places like here.  It's not that I don't love all of you just oodles and oodles, mind you.  But there are only a few of you who I'd even consider allowing into my inner FB sanctum.

I will say that when I saw Aude post to this thread, I became very thirsty for "that beer".  Aude, good to see you old chum.
George?  You continue to make me howl when you try to be cool.  OPS, hope all's well. 

Later H

#38 2010-04-04 22:38:54

Facebook is teh devil. At least that's how I feel right now.

#39 2010-04-04 22:54:00

karenw wrote:

Yeah, and you're the new special sauce poured on top, right?

#40 2010-04-04 23:29:26

https://cruelery.com/uploads/18_tom-joins-facebook.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#41 2010-04-05 07:06:07

Dmtdust wrote:

karenw wrote:

Yeah, and you're the new special sauce poured on top, right?

Sorry, I don't get it.

#42 2010-04-05 13:29:20

Not to worry.  Every new person on FB adds something to it, IMSO.

#43 2010-04-05 14:24:52

kim

I do have a FB, but I agree it is incredibly annoying. It is pretty interesting to see what people that I went to high school are up to these days. They all have kids and are getting married and a lot of them are Jesus freaks.

Though, I found a better way to waste my time on the internet and that is with Tumblr. That shit is good. "Fuck yeah" sites and funny shit. It is like a giant High Street Picture Thread.

Stumble upon is great, too.

Board footer

cruelery.com