#52 2010-04-04 14:12:10

fnord wrote:

Wrong choice of beefcake! Tab and Roddy were into each other!

Come on, you act like you haven't stripped off your shirt and offered your similarly shirtless buddy a hot sausage. What's so gay about that?

#53 2010-04-04 15:37:27

Aww Karen, that fucking sucks. I've heard of more than one of my pals who's caught a cheatin' heart that way. Fucking fucktards. I sent you an email.

#54 2010-04-04 23:29:48

Hey karen?.
Time, some intelligence, then some wisdom.
Worked for me.
You can handle it.  Trust yourself.

#55 2010-04-05 02:00:09

Once upon a time a boy asked a girl "Will you marry me?, and she said "No" and they both lived happily ever after.

#56 2010-04-05 09:56:01

sigmoid freud wrote:

Once upon a time a boy asked a girl "Will you marry me?, and she said "No" and they both lived happily ever after.

But then what would the lawyers do with their time.

Sorry to hear of such troubles Karen. I favor what Tripps said. While you are waiting on the wisdom remember to laugh at it all a little. Such intolerable cruelty has little chance of sticking to you.

#57 2010-04-05 18:58:57

Well, I signed the petition this afternoon, so it should file in the next day or so. Of course, on the way to the attorney's office, I rounded a curb too quickly and bashed the fuck out of my right rear tire, causing a blister the size of Kentucky -- so then I got to hang out at Discount Tire for a while. Good times.

I suppose I should be grateful that I didn't hit another car. Who, me? Frazzled?

#58 2010-04-08 18:14:46

Got a notice today from my HR department that in 2 weeks a garnishment against my wages will begin for a vehicle we bought together back in 2004. It was repo'd in 2006 and I thought it was paid off.

Of course, I co-signed for it, so I have no choice but to eat this.

When do we get to look back and laugh???

#59 2010-04-08 18:23:53

karenw wrote:

Got a notice today from my HR department that in 2 weeks a garnishment against my wages will begin for a vehicle we bought together back in 2004. It was repo'd in 2006 and I thought it was paid off.

Of course, I co-signed for it, so I have no choice but to eat this.

Don't assume you are stuck.  Ask your lawyer if this debt can be assigned to your soon to be ex-asshole as part of his share of the community property.

#60 2010-04-08 18:38:11

Yeah, I'll be calling my attorney tomorrow.

I just talked with the collection attorneys, though, and they said since there's a garnishment order, I can't even offer to settle for less than 75%. I offered 10% just to see if I could get away with it.

Sigh.

#61 2010-04-09 05:30:40

You shouldn't rely on anything the collection attorneys say.  Many times they keep a percentage of what they recover, and their interests are opposed to yours.

#62 2010-04-09 07:14:59

Yeah, I know. By the time I got through to them, I had already called two other numbers and had to tell the whole story to both. My lawyer was long gone from the office at that point. He'll get an update today.

#63 2010-04-09 09:37:54

I am no expert, but I suspect there is nothing to be gained from even talking to these collection people. They seek to wear you down all the while gathering info that allows them to asses how much they can get out of you. Which could hinder you when you do make an offer of settlement.

You might want to get some good consultation on how to construct an approach and offer.

From what I know in working with real estate attorney in regards to clearing titles from old debts, the companies that acquire these very old bad debt pay mere pennies on the dollar. There is lots of room to make very low offers of settlement in the 10 to 20 percent range on only the original amount. Not including any accrued interest or penalties.

You are never without options. And that will remain as long as these sharks are unable to re institute debtors prisons.

#64 2010-04-11 07:35:49

Well, I waited as long as I could.

Karen,

When you are ready,(soon) I would be willing to take on the duties of making sweet, sweet love with you. Or we could just screw. I could even mow your grass and cook breakfast every 3rd weekend.

Please advise,

Bigcat.

PS: Do you still have your ghoul scout digs?

#65 2010-04-11 08:57:55

Wow! Just look at all the offers. Maybe we should do a H-S lineup.

Or -- even better -- a H-S "Dating Game!" The audience could help choose my next date!

First question: How do you approach holding a job and paying bills?
Second question: What are your unresolved childhood issues?
Third question: Can you diagnose and fix a shimmy that has developed in the front-end of a 1997 Buick LeSabre?

STAY TUNED FOLKS!

#66 2010-04-11 09:57:32

karenw wrote:

Wow! Just look at all the offers. Maybe we should do a H-S lineup.

Or -- even better -- a H-S "Dating Game!" The audience could help choose my next date!

Third question: Can you diagnose and fix a shimmy that has developed in the front-end of a 1997 Buick LeSabre?

STAY TUNED FOLKS!

I fully intend to spend 32 years at my current job, all the bills are payed automagically. 
I never got over my first car being a '67 Jeep that needed to be fixed every couple of months.
If you have to crawl under a car to fix something I know a couple of good mechanics.  If it can be fixed without crawling under it I might fix it.

I told the Boss that I would only cheat with someone younger, thinner, better looking, smarter, with more money who chased me.  Better get busy.

#67 2010-04-11 10:41:15

karenw wrote:

1) Carefully.  But it beats being broke and bored, and I get to help people live longer and have better lives, so at least it doesn't suck.

2) Mommy never breast-fed me enough. 

3) Several causes... first, check the ball joints to see if they are worn out... second, check the tire balance... third, check the tires to see if they have any damage such as bulges which would indicate a slipped belt... fourth, check the alignment, particularly the Ackerman angles and toe-in... finally, check the wheel bearings and CV joints for tightness/integrity.  And yes, I can fix all of these, except the alignment - that I send out.

Last edited by whosasailorthen (2010-04-11 10:46:57)

#68 2010-04-12 08:05:16

1   I own a pretty big Mining HVAC company. Work like crazy all sommer and travel where the weather suits my clothes in the winter.

2   SPANKINGS!!!!!

3   I would pay someone else to fix a broken car.

4   I can lick my eyebrows.

Board footer

cruelery.com