• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Young Darwin Award Nominee Chose Death - Jehovah Proud Of Him

#2 2010-05-18 16:46:34

I have personal experience with the sect (no, I was never a member).  The blood thing is only one of several intentional misrepresentations of the Bible the early founders made in order to construct a wall between the cult members and the real world.

#3 2010-05-19 01:07:31

Their Bible, itself, is a misrepresentation of the Bible, being a paraphrase written by the founder himself.  Barely a step up from Mormonism.  Harrumph.

#4 2010-05-19 01:12:33

whiskytangofoxtrot wrote:

Their Bible, itself, is a misrepresentation of the Bible, being a paraphrase written by the founder himself.  Barely a step up from Mormonism.  Harrumph.

Now, now - Mormon's use the King James as their primary text.  I'll have to ask Melon's what the JW's use but I believe it the KJ also.

Your Grade: F

#5 2010-05-19 01:23:18

King James.  Pay no attention to WTFT.

#6 2010-05-19 01:23:24

Emmeran wrote:

whiskytangofoxtrot wrote:

Now, now - Mormon's use the King James as their primary text.  I'll have to ask Melon's what the JW's use but I believe it the KJ also.

Your Grade: F

Exactly.  It's a paraphrase of a translation, and an outdated translation, at that.  I stand by my "Harrumph."

#8 2010-09-19 00:48:17

You can't truly appreciate the Bible until you've read it in the original Klingon.

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Young Darwin Award Nominee Chose Death - Jehovah Proud Of Him

Board footer

cruelery.com