#51 2009-07-17 09:43:46

If you are curious about the process and have a better use for your $100, try a lightbulb vape. Designs are all over the Tubes of You and Goggle. A light bulb, an empty soda bottle, some tape and a piece of hose (or a hollow pen) and you will be set.

The only real problem is that you feel like a crack-head while warming it up.

If you like it, buy a nice unit.

And why are people pushing their vape through water? What's that for?

#52 2009-07-17 13:40:31

Lucky Strikes always had a odd (and nasty) taste to me. I got started smoking on Camel shorts. Then moved to Pall Mall no filters because they are as long as a full-sized cig, a full 25% longer than a Camel, so it was a money-saving issue.

When I finally switched to filters, I went back to Camel.

nasty habit... worse than heroin to quit.

#53 2009-07-17 13:56:00

GooberMcNutly wrote:

And why are people pushing their vape through water? What's that for?

Cooling and adding hydration.  Some people find the hot vapors off a vape to be harsh, though these same people will turn around and smoke a joint without batting an eye.

#54 2009-07-17 14:27:18

ptah13 wrote:

nasty habit... worse than heroin to quit.

I pray quit qualifies as temporary insanity because I'll murder the next smug former smoker I meet. Ten days, longest stretch yet in 30 years, and I'm chewing carrots, ready to snap.

Pack a day since 1968, a smoke break was always license to goof off. Better than sex.

#55 2009-07-17 16:24:03

Better than sex.

Butt junkie.

#56 2009-07-17 18:09:26

I still don't see how smokers pick up the habit in the first place.

#57 2009-07-17 23:14:51

jesusluvspegging wrote:

I still don't see how smokers pick up the habit in the first place.

I grew up in a house of smokers.  Loathed it. My mother smoked a pack of day, and my father smoked cigars.  Several years later I got drunk and high one evening where I was living when I was 23, and a friend offered me a Sherman cigarette.  I thought: "Why Not?"  I was smoking a pack a day plus within a week, and this went on until just after my kid was born 18 years later.  I now have reduced lung capacity, even though up to 4 years ago I could chug out a 5:56 mile whilst running.

I watched my mother drown to death from Emphysema.  Not a pretty death.

I have used (yes you have heard this before) most every substance available to Western Civilization, and quite a few that are not known at all.  Cigarettes like Ptah said are worse to kick than Heroin.  Absolutely.

D

#58 2009-07-17 23:21:10

Dmtdust wrote:

I have used (yes you have heard this before) most every substance available to Western Civilization, and quite a few that are not known at all.  Cigarettes like Ptah said are worse to kick than Heroin.  Absolutely.

D

I tried for six weeks to get hooked on tobacco, just for the experience, and abjectly failed.  I never felt anything resembling a craving, and I ABSOLUTELY have an "addictive personality."  (granted, I was smoking disgusting crap, but still...)

Last edited by jesusluvspegging (2009-07-17 23:21:38)

#59 2009-07-17 23:28:25

Yeah, its weird.   I could use junk repeatedly or coke and just walk away from it.  Meth was the same.  I had some problems with alcohol, but I had a fucked up schedule... 8-4 one week.]. 4-12 the next week, 12-8 the next week.  I started drinking so I could sleep.  Mind you, I hadn't had a drink in years at that time.  After a year and a half on that schedule... well you can imagine.  It took me a bit to get clear of it all.

#60 2009-07-18 04:48:26

My brother uses one. Won't go back to any other method. As far as his rationales are concerned, it's probably more 'economical.' Stuffy bastard needs a real spliff.

#61 2009-07-18 10:20:51

Dmtdust wrote:

D

I agree. Although the hubby has recently taken to buying organic American Spirit loose tobacco and rolling his own as a money-saving measure -- and he swears that after about a week of feeling twitchy, he now smokes far less and feels better overall than when he was smoking the ready-made ciggies. I keep buying Basics at the Kwikee-Mart because it's more convenient . . . but who knows what's really in them besides tobacco?

#62 2009-07-18 10:30:11

Dmtdust wrote:

I have used (yes you have heard this before) most every substance available to Western Civilization, and quite a few that are not known at all.

...except nutmeg

#63 2009-08-09 04:53:35

lechero wrote:

Sure, you can keep hitting it, but it won't get you significantly more high.

'McGuinn and McGuire just are gettin higher...'

Questions: Is the volatilized mist you inhale an oil? Ever exhale into a bag and recycle? You fill the bowl just a pinch, or to the O-ring, packed loose, or tight? How many seconds of heat before you hit? Built a cradle yet for your Makita? Where's your optimal heat setting? How much load carcass ghee per cookie dose? Is the bong water worth anything? What solvent works best for cleaning? Never guess I'm not baked, huh?

#64 2009-08-10 03:15:45

Answers to your questions, Señor Choad. . .

I'm not a chemist, but I'd guess that the vapor is volatized oil.

I've exhaled in a bag to recycle & sedate my girl's psycho hound. William S. Burroughs would not approve.

It's CRITICAL that you crumble / tear up the weed and pack it LOOSE. Scissors work well for this task, although I just use my fingers. I fill the bowl about halfway, very loose. Don't pack it tight. You get two hits from a bowl, I use a poker implement to stir it up between hits.

Definitely advisable to count to four or five mississippi between heating up and starting your hit.

No cradle. I prefer to hold the heat gun my hand, so I know where it's at all times. The worst thing about the heat gun is that you will probably burn yourself with it at some point. You only need to do that once before you respect it like a loaded pistol.

Optimal heat setting is 375 degrees fahrenheit, that's one or two notches above the number two setting on the Makita. Precise instructions here for all heat guns here: http://www.vriptech.com/SVTaroma.pdf

I sauté about 1/3 to 1/2 ounce of load carcass per package of brownie or cookie mix. Once roasted to a golden delicious brown, you can first run it through a flour sifter or coffee grinder, then sauté it with slightly more than the recommended amount of butter, then press it through a screen.

I water my plants with the water. It's not the usual stanky ass bong water, just regular water with some particulate organic matter floating in it. If they ever bring the dogs into my home, I hope they'll be well entertained with my plants.

Cleaning is infrequent & easy because there's no tar released in the vaporization process. I use a little cotton pad at the end of a heavy gauge wire, everything shines up good as new. If you feel compelled to use solvent, alcohol is probably where it's at. Don't pull a Richard Pryor.

#65 2009-08-22 06:01:15

lechero wrote:

Load carcass is my name for the golden roasted leftovers and it's far from depleted.

Bring water to a gentle boil in a double boiler or improvise with small/larger sauce pans.

Mix 1/2 ounce of ground weed with 1 quarter pound stick of REAL butter (11-14 grams of fat per tablespoon) and slow simmer about 45 minutes. Careful not to scorch.

Fill clear pyrex casserole dish with 2-3" of purified water, then pour in still melted weed butter. Cover and refridgerate 8 hours or overnight.

Skim and refridgerate the fat soluable THC solidified at the top, and discard the plant, salt and dairy sediment that dropped to the bottom.

Substitute the resulting "Ghee / Clarified Butter" for butter or oil in your favorite recipies.

#66 2009-09-16 11:04:45

I step into a shower and some part of mind turns off.

Did I lather up already? I know I did yesterday. I can never remember, even when the hot water heater turns cold and forgets the pipe wrench beating I gave it last time it spaced the policy here.

Do not volatilize without adult supervision.

You'll leave enumerable hits in the bong.

You'll forget whether it's spent and suck foul wind.

You'll break the uptake funnel and glass glue it together until the $40 replacement arrives.

You'll defect to weed butter.

#68 2009-09-16 13:03:10

choad wrote:

It's like a completely different drug, isn't it?

#69 2009-09-16 13:20:53

kim

You have to make sure you aren't a lazy smoker.
A lot of people I know have vaps and never use them because its a "pain in the ass" to get everything all ready and wait for the thing to heat up and grind the shit. Though, it is a whopping three steps, a stoner just can't handle it.
Most people will complain that the weed supply vanishes more quickly this way as well, but then again others say you use less?
You can find cheap ones and then there are a lot that go up to $500. The more expensive ones are digital and the bottom might light blue. Uh, trippy.

I say don't bother because it will likely end up along side your other old pipes and empty medical marj bottles in that top pantry cupboard.

#70 2009-09-17 02:18:33

jesusluvspegging wrote:

choad wrote:

It's like a completely different drug, isn't it?

Yeah, judging by the memento notes I keep writing myself.

#72 2009-10-15 20:49:37

This picture does not do it justice. It's white.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/3_ghostly_bud.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#73 2009-10-15 23:29:31

Nice to see you're enjoying the vapor program, Choad. If you continue having trouble with your memory and simple motor function, I advise a splash of whiskey to help keep you peppy & alert.

I recently bought one of those Vapor Genie pipes as well. It's not as potent as the forced air, but definitely does the trick for extended excursions away from home.

#74 2009-10-15 23:30:47

lechero wrote:

I recently bought one of those Vapor Genie pipes as well. It's not as potent as the forced air, but definitely does the trick for extended excursions away from home.

I'm seriously considering purchasing one.  Are you happy with it?  How would you describe the hit?

#75 2009-10-15 23:49:54

It definitely works as advertised and I prefer it to smoking a bowl. It's critical that you pack it very loose and dance the lighter around to avoid scorching your load (which still happens sometimes). I bought the slightly nicer wood version that's available exclusively from their website, the manufacture is quality.

And while I endorse the VripTech forced air system, their portable version is pretty worthless next to the Vapor Genie.

#76 2009-10-20 22:18:47

I was just inspired to search for "vulva" on Etsy, don't ask why, there's an abundance of vulva love there evidently, see for yourself. . .

But I found this, seems appropriate to post it here:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?li … d=26904566

http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_430xN.76939173.jpg

Last edited by lechero (2009-10-20 22:19:52)

#77 2009-10-20 23:10:39

lechero wrote:

I was just inspired to search for "vulva" on Etsy, don't ask why, there's an abundance of vulva love there evidently, see for yourself. . .

But I found this, seems appropriate to post it here:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?li … d=26904566

http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_430xN.76939173.jpg

That's pretty awesome.  Better than the many penis-bongs I've seen pictures of.

#78 2009-10-20 23:13:28

Definitely better than a penis bong. . .

#79 2009-10-21 08:02:41

I dunno, I kind of liked their other choice of smoking apparatus:

http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_430xN.79496609.jpg

But for $800, I could convert a real Glock.

Last edited by GooberMcNutly (2009-10-21 08:03:17)

#80 2010-12-08 09:41:57

The weed butter recipe above sucks.

Any of you plastic hippies know how to concoct funny butter without the rope roughage and without waste?

#81 2010-12-08 21:09:01

Ramona Bell wrote:

The weed butter recipe above sucks.

Any of you plastic hippies know how to concoct funny butter without the rope roughage and without waste?

My tried and true recipe:

Per 1/4 oz weed. Mids to regs are fine, just not too old and brown. I have done as much as an ounce in a pound of butter.
1 to 1.5 sticks butter. Non salted "pastry" butter is better, but not required.

Put weed, butter and about 1-2 cups water in a non-copper sauce pan. Bring to a near simmer, just enough to make bubbles float up, not rolling. Stir gently every couple of minutes. Let simmer 20-40 minutes. 20 minutes usually does it for me. When it's done the butter floating on top will be green tinged and any vegetal matter will have fully hydrated and sunk to the bottom. Keep the lid on as much as possible.

Remove pot (ha!) from stove and allow to cool to room temp without disturbing. Once it's room temp, transfer to the fridge and let set there for about 2 hours until the butter has fully congealed, floating on top of the water.

Using a butter knife, cut carefully around the edge and try to lift it off of the water. I usually have to break it in half to get it out of the pot. Lift over the pot and let drain for a few minutes. I just put a knife or two over the pot and park the "puck" on top. After all of the water has drained off, I transfer to a piece of saran wrap, cut into roughly ice cube sized pieces and wrap individually in saran wrap, then put them all in a tupperware container and stick in the fridge. It's usually fresh for about 6 months that way.

Melt over home made Boston Black Bread or whole wheat noodles with manchego cheese crumbles for a real taste sensation. Never allow it to get over 275 degrees if you cook with it. For example, if you make brownies, cook them in the oven at 275 for twice the recommended time and they will come out fine. But I like it more on toast with raw honey or melted over noodles.

Or so I've heard...

#82 2010-12-09 01:04:53

I used to use 1 lb butter to an oz (usually leftover leaf from trimming), simmered in a crock pot for about 4 hours.  Strain and you're done.

#83 2010-12-09 02:36:14

A recipe for pot butter from Chef Hans and his assistant Hans.  These two should be on the Food Network; their recipes are much better than the crap made by Paula Dean or Rachel Ray.

#84 2010-12-09 08:15:33

opsec, you have to use water to remove the chlorophyl and vegetal matter which gets water logged and sinks to the bottom. The THC is fat soluble and stays in the butter. Nobody wants leaf pieces stuck in their teeth.

A friend recently suggested adding up to 6 tablespoons of Everclear to the water + butter mix to help remove the last of the THC if you are using really low grade or trimmings. It then boils off during the simmer. Or you can do a second extraction like he says in fnords video, but I never did it.

fnord, that's my recipe exactly. I let my butter get really hard in the freezer for a few minutes to make sure I don't leave any behind, but that's the basis of it. There is no confusing that butter for anything else. It has almost a mystical inner green glow, like foxfire.

Just heed his warning. It will take up to an hour for you to start feeling it. Don't overdo it.

#85 2010-12-09 14:35:35

Thanks, guys. Am I wrong is every eaten buzz all the same, and low grade only takes more?

#86 2010-12-15 20:16:37

I'm not a frequent flyer. Planes don't trouble me, it's the airport 'Further' bus from hell, surrender all control crap I can't stomach. Sometimes, like yesterday, there is no choice.

No car, 60 miles from home, standing at the ticket kiosk, Southwest cancelled my flight just as my weed butter bagel kicked in and for once, I did not give a shit, walked ten miles and hopped another departure.

From here out, weed butter baked is the only way I'll fly.

I still want to fistfuck the asshole who installed teevees behind every fucking seat.

#87 2010-12-16 02:45:28

Just bought a Vapor Genie: I'm still trying to figure out how to take a gentle toke on the thing. It's harsh but the high is pretty intense.

#89 2010-12-16 14:24:35

Taint wrote:

Just bought a Vapor Genie: I'm still trying to figure out how to take a gentle toke on the thing. It's harsh but the high is pretty intense.

http://b.imagehost.org/0437/hardware_article1_image1.jpg

I have one.  Using it is a tricky 2 stage process.  First you have to hit it slow for with the lighter for about 5 seconds while you heat up the stone, then you remove the lighter and suck real hard.  Smoking crack is easier.

#90 2010-12-16 17:15:08

phoQ wrote:

Taint wrote:

http://b.imagehost.org/0437/hardware_ar … image1.jpg

I have one.  Using it is a tricky 2 stage process.  First you have to hit it slow for with the lighter for about 5 seconds while you heat up the stone, then you remove the lighter and suck real hard.  Smoking crack is easier.

Do you have an illustration on how to smoke crack - never tried it myself.

#92 2010-12-23 11:03:23

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Look who's coming to dinner.

I'll save him my second cheese cloth squeezins.

There's always another good  buzz or three there.

Last edited by Ramona Bell (2010-12-23 13:26:28)

#94 2012-10-18 19:04:25

I'm a disappoint, I must say. Put down the pipe and wake up, stoner slackers! Bet you haven't peeked inside your hydro grow room/attic crawl space in months, least not since your better half hauled the lawn furniture and your Exercycle up there. So tell me, please, what's new in the world of weed consumption?

#95 2012-10-18 20:19:32

Ramona Bell wrote:

I'm a disappoint, I must say. Put down the pipe and wake up, stoner slackers! Bet you haven't peeked inside your hydro grow room/attic crawl space in months, least not since your better half hauled the lawn furniture and your Exercycle up there. So tell me, please, what's new in the world of weed consumption?

Ingredients:
2 hose Maya hookah
Vortex bowl, natural charcoal and foil.
Ice water in vase
Starbuzz UFO tobacco
Good pot- not ditchweed- good pot.
Vape.

Load hookah up to smoke as per usual(to smoke shisha, not pot) Take one hose off and remove check valve thingy.
Take hose from vape and plug it in to hole where missing hose is from hookah body.
Turn vape fan on low to force some vapor in and smoke hookah as you normally would through remaining hose.
You can easily lose 3 days if you have the right friends and music.
Nice lemon lime-ish intense high.

#96 2012-10-18 21:26:59

Shisha is lovely - cardamom and grape are my faves - but I've given up smoking weed through the hookah because I seem to go through more weed for less high. In addition, I haven't yet decided which camp I fall into - the camp that believes that smoking through water is good for you, because the water removes compounds that diminish the effectiveness of alveolar macrophages, or the camp that believes that water sequesters a significant amount of THC, thus forcing the smoker to smoke more weed to attain a given high. Although tending to the water-is-good camp, I bypass the whole argument through use of the vape alone, which has allowed me to stay fit and stoned at the same time.

#97 2012-10-18 22:28:13

Bigcat wrote:

Starbuzz UFO tobacco
Vape.

Load hookah up to smoke as per usual(to smoke shisha, not pot)

Interesting. I don't own a hookah. Know how shisha smokes rolled?

Last edited by Ramona Bell (2012-10-18 22:29:48)

#98 2012-10-18 22:39:09

Ramona Bell wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

Starbuzz UFO tobacco
Vape.

[BigCat appears to be absent, possibly shooting hunters or coughing up a furball, so I'll field this one.] Shisha is made with molasses or honey - it's stickier than primo bud full of fat trichomes. I've never tried rolling it, but I doubt it would work.

Last edited by WilberCuntLicker (2012-10-18 22:39:32)

#99 2012-10-19 09:07:03

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

Ramona Bell wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

Starbuzz UFO tobacco
Vape.

[BigCat appears to be absent, possibly shooting hunters or coughing up a furball, so I'll field this one.] Shisha is made with molasses or honey - it's stickier than primo bud full of fat trichomes. I've never tried rolling it, but I doubt it would work.

Thanks. Fell asleep.

Shisha needss to be smoked from a hookah. You can get a functional hookah cheaply and if you enjoy it, get a good one for about $175.

Wilber is right, you do use a little more weed but I feel that is because you smoke more because of the enjoyment factor. (I'm not putting weed in the hookah, just plumbing the vape into it. Seems like I use less than when smoking a pipe or a J.)

The only downside for me is the prep time. It's faster to  pack a pipe than set everything up. I reccomend burning a pipe WHILE setting up.

Edited for punctuation.

Last edited by Bigcat (2012-10-19 09:10:39)

#100 2012-10-19 17:41:09

I was a big vaper, but I have also gone back to the water pipe, though mine is old school homemade shit from the leftover plumbing parts bucket. While I enjoy the cool vape shot, it does take about forever to get set up, heat up, clean or replace parts, etc. Nothing wrong with a decent ash catcher and a bong...

Now I do have to stand up and applaud for the new strain I hooked up with. More sativa for a more centered, introspective, creative period. I have a fat bud that's earmarked for the final hand sanding on this inlaid table I'm refinishing.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/165_101_0143.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

Board footer

cruelery.com