#2 2011-07-11 14:25:59

There was a proliferation of dispensaries in states like Colorado and California. So there have in fact been more raids under the Obama administration than there were under the Bush administration.

The guy has been speaking from both sides of his mouth from the get go, so this shouldn't surprise anyone.  The local planning department just nixed a cannabis testing lab siting federal law and this recent directive, even though medical marijuana is legal in CA.

#3 2011-07-11 15:02:27

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/yeswecannabis.png

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#4 2011-07-11 16:21:43

That's right, it'll be much better with Bachmann Romney Pawlenty Gingrich Cain Perry ..., you get the drift. 

The Department of Justice has a bug up its ass.  My guess is that it is just an issue Obama doesn't want to confront.  Maybe he'll get in their way later on.  I certainly hope so.

Last edited by Fled (2011-07-11 16:27:42)

#5 2011-07-11 16:47:22

I agree with Fled; making the world safe for pot smokers isn't high on Obama's list of priorities.  Seeing to it that gay people have the same civil rights as everybody else is only slightly above his concern for pot smokers, and only because he wants the campaign donations gay people can make to him.  The Justice Dept. has a lot of holdovers from the Nixon, Raygun, Bush, and Bush Jr. years in high positions, so unless there's a major purge, institutional inertia will ensure it remains conservative.

#6 2011-07-11 17:37:55

Hey, they're prosecutors.  They like putting people in jail.

#7 2011-07-11 18:30:00

It's still a congressional issue, until the law is changed it should be enforced.  Let's be honest, for the most part we're talking about the over-regulation of a recreational substance, not really of earth shattering import.

#8 2011-07-11 18:47:19

Emmeran wrote:

It's still a congressional issue, until the law is changed it should be enforced.  Let's be honest, for the most part we're talking about the over-regulation of a recreational substance, not really of earth shattering import.

Oh Goody.  I'm calling the Feds and telling them you are a major grower.  We can talk Earth Shattering Import when you get out of prison in about 15-25 years, okay?

#9 2011-07-11 20:11:27

Fled wrote:

Hey, they're prosecutors.  They like putting people in jail.

They're largely incompetent lawyers who like putting people in jail without work. Getting a middle-class smoker to cop a plea using the threat of prison is no sweat.

#10 2011-07-11 20:15:52

Dmtdust wrote:

Oh Goody.  I'm calling the Feds and telling them you are a major grower.  We can talk Earth Shattering Import when you get out of prison in about 15-25 years, okay?

Stop it Dusty, you're showing your ass.

#11 2011-07-11 21:02:57

Hey, he promised. 
He delivered for the LGBT community.
If gay is the new black, can stoners be the new gay?

#12 2011-07-11 21:35:07

No current politician will ever talk about:

1) Legalizing Drugs
2) Confiscating drugs
3) Anything about abortions
4) The UN, good or bad.
5) Term Limits
n) Well, you get the picture

If it polarizes the voters into 2 distinct camps and can have a definitive statement made about it, they treat it like the plague.

#13 2011-07-11 22:20:46

phoQ wrote:

Hey, he promised. 
He delivered for the LGBT community.
If gay is the new black, can stoners be the new gay?

He signed a bill that said "we will talk about" when and how we can eliminate Don't Ask, Don't Tell.  It was the 9th Circuit Court which finally killed it.  Obama still hasn’t stated our relationships deserve legal protection. 

Bill Clinton could have ended military discrimination against gay military personnel with the stroke of a pen (up until the passage of DADT, it was a matter of presidential policy, not law).  Of course then we would have had hilarious speeches on C-SPAN of Republicans discussing soldiers using their dicks and pussys to have sex with their own gender while the Republicans debated about a law to reinstate the ban.  In other words, our civil rights are negotiable and the Democrats will continue to string us along like any other minority they patronize.

Last edited by fnord (2011-07-11 22:23:54)

#14 2011-07-11 23:25:47

Emmeran wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

Stop it Dusty, you're showing your ass.

Em you ignorant slut... surely you are aware of the number of people incarcerated in the good ol' USA yearly for marijuana?  If you actually gave a fuck about it you'd remove your foot from your mouth.

#15 2011-07-12 05:48:20

Em is just saying that it is not the only or biggest issue in the world.  He's right. 

Of course it is a shame that the federal laws are still on the books and that there are feds still enforcing it.  Keep in mind that if Obama is not re-elected, the new administration will only enforce those laws more vigorously.

#16 2011-07-12 09:10:16

Fled wrote:

Em is just saying that it is not the only or biggest issue in the world.  He's right. 

Of course it is a shame that the federal laws are still on the books and that there are feds still enforcing it.  Keep in mind that if Obama is not re-elected, the new administration will only enforce those laws more vigorously.

Exactly - hound your fucking congressman not me.

#17 2011-07-12 09:57:58

Fled wrote:

Keep in mind that if Obama is not re-elected, the new administration will only enforce those laws more vigorously.

If Obama isn't reeelected, Wall Street loses its wing man and the whole ponzi scheme comes crashing down around the challenger's ankles.

#18 2011-07-12 12:08:00

Emmeran wrote:

Fled wrote:

My congressman and senator already support legalization, have you contacted yours?  I take it you guys have stock in private prison shares, or don't give a fuck that 1 trillion dollars have been flushed down the federal shitter to support a stupid war based primarily on class/political/race issues that has destroyed whole segments of society.

#19 2011-07-12 12:52:40

Dmtdust wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Fled wrote:

My congressman and senator already support legalization, have you contacted yours?  I take it you guys have stock in private prison shares, or don't give a fuck that 1 trillion dollars have been flushed down the federal shitter to support a stupid war based primarily on class/political/race issues that has destroyed whole segments of society.

I'd rise to the bait but have already eaten.

#20 2011-07-12 14:31:01

Dmtdust wrote:

oh I agree with you but I don't talk to my congresswoman as she's an ignorant slut.

#21 2011-07-12 15:09:47

I would say all the more reason to goad her, but fair enough.

#22 2011-07-12 15:36:24

I'm in Virginia, where "legalization" appears to be a dirty word. 

My congressman is a right wing super christian and, whatever I suggest, he will run the other way.  My senators, both democrats, are staunch centrists, whatever that really means.  One, Mark Warner, seems to be firmly committed to keeping us safe from ourselves, as he has failed to respond to letters asking him to support decriminalization.  Senator Webb is much more open minded on the subject, and has said that decriminalization should be considered as part of a comprehensive reform of the criminal justice system.  Unfortunately, he is retiring. 

More importantly, the governorship and state senate are controlled by republicans of the fundamentalist stripe.  The house of delegates is nearly evenly split, and many of the democrats are conservative enough to easily pass as republicans in many states.

#23 2011-07-12 15:52:32

This is were a suicide belt might work.  Just Sayin'....

#24 2011-07-12 21:47:13

We have the "clinics" all over down here, but due to historic behaviour of the crowd that frequents them the cities are rethinking the laws and curtailing them severely.

#25 2011-07-13 10:00:27

Dmtdust wrote:

Here's the rebuttal, from Portland for fuck's sake.

#26 2011-07-13 18:23:02

The Portland Mercury: Earlier in my lovelife, I dated a stupid, fucking pothead.

The National Lampoon: Maybe you won't just get stoned, maybe you'll get stoned....... DEAF!

#27 2011-07-13 18:56:19

Piles was conscious and was carrying his severed left leg. Piles told police that he'd been smoking marijuana earlier

All the proof I need that marijuana has medicinal uses.

#28 2011-07-13 21:54:47

Dmtdust wrote:

What kind of shoes would go with that?

Board footer

cruelery.com