#2 2011-08-27 16:36:43

From what I heard on the N-P-R, most of the black guest workers fled the country a while ago. According to their reporter on the ground, the only black Africans left are mercenaries hired by Gaddafi.

#3 2011-08-27 17:17:39

ah297900 wrote:

From what I heard on the N-P-R, most of the black guest workers fled the country a while ago. According to their reporter on the ground, the only black Africans left are mercenaries hired by Gaddafi.

The stories I've read also indicate the mercenaries - and they are mercenaries - really got screwed over. Many were recruited in their home countries and told completely different stories about what they'd be doing once they arrived in Libya. They were promised payments, citizenship, and all kinds of goodies. Reminds me of the stories I heard about what happened to Soviet soldiers when they invaded Czechoslovakia back in '68. Many were supposedly shocked to discover they weren't there to protect the Czechs and weren't prepared for the anger they encountered when they arrived.

#4 2011-08-27 22:49:32

Poor paid state-sponsored murderers!  What's a Mofo to do?

#5 2011-08-28 14:20:13

Stinkhammer wrote:

I know. Really tugs at your heart strings, doesn't it?

#6 2011-08-28 14:44:09

Taint wrote:

Stinkhammer wrote:

I know. Really tugs at your heart strings, doesn't it?

Its straight up genocide of disarmed people, funded directly by us

Around 30 men lay decomposing in the heat. Many of them had their hands tied behind their back, either with plastic handcuffs or ropes. One had a scarf stuffed into his mouth. Almost all of the victims were black men. Their bodies had been dumped near the scene of two of the fierce battles between rebel and regime forces in Tripoli.

Last edited by fortinbras (2011-08-28 14:44:43)

#7 2011-08-28 22:03:04

Executing mercs is normal in war.

Board footer

cruelery.com