#1 2012-03-28 13:53:24

The Russians hate Romney and they love Obama, probably because they believe they can manipulate him.  Unless, of course, you believe the Russians really want what's best for us.  Regardless of what you think of Romney, this is very telling.  Here is a snippet of today's editorial from Pravda.

"Exactly at a time when Russia and the USA are finding that they have far more in common than differences, exactly when they see that they are much more friends than foes, when they see that there is so much to be gained through collaboration, a foul-mouthed, big-headed oaf like Romney with more money than sense makes a comment that reveals who he really is to the world: a pea-brained, pith-headed simpleton with too much testosterone and too little common sense, with zero tact, no diplomacy and a paramount grasp on the intricacies of world politics. A prize, good-for-nothing ignoramus,"

Even better, they go on to say:

"Electing Mitt Romney as the next President of the United States of America would be like appointing a serial paedophile as a kindergarten teacher, a rapist as a janitor at a girls' dormitory or a psychopath with a fixation on knives as a kitchen hand.

#2 2012-03-28 14:09:04

If Russians hate Romney, why exactly is that a reason to elect him?

#3 2012-03-28 14:18:11

ah297900 wrote:

If Russians hate Romney, why exactly is that a reason to elect him?

If you don't know, I can't help you.

#4 2012-03-28 14:36:48

No, really, how does pissing off Russians help anybody?

#5 2012-03-28 15:08:04

ah297900 wrote:

No, really, how does pissing off Russians help anybody?

Some people believe in poking the Bear, some don't.

#6 2012-03-28 15:24:40

I, for one, appreciate the Phredster's effort here. Oh, how I too miss the days of the Red Scare when the Russkies were the scariest thing on the planet, despite their inability to manufacture a decent pair of jeans or a washing machine that would last longer than a couple of years. Who cares that the USSR collapsed under its own weight of corruption and inefficiency? Why should we even take into consideration the fact that, in the 20 years since the USSR disappeared from the map, Russia hasn't been able to get its act together and is still a backwater?

Thanks, Phreddy. Those were good times.

#7 2012-03-28 15:31:25

Why choose to NOT have problems when, with just a little bit of initiative and enterprise, you can escalate tensions between nuclear powers unnecessarily?

#8 2012-03-28 15:43:23

ah297900 wrote:

Why choose to NOT have problems when, with just a little bit of initiative and enterprise, you can escalate tensions between nuclear powers unnecessarily?

Escalated tensions is good for business, just think of all the bombers we could build.  I agree and if Romney is elected I'm going to double down on my Lockheed-Martin holdings.

#9 2012-03-28 16:12:20

You people should tune out reality TV and pay attention to the news once in a while.

#10 2012-03-28 16:13:12

Emmeran wrote:

ah297900 wrote:

Escalated tensions is good for business, just think of all the bombers we could build.  I agree and if Romney is elected I'm going to double down on my Lockheed-Martin holdings.

Don't forget to pick up some shares in Vault-Tec.

#11 2012-03-28 17:17:37

phreddy wrote:

You people should tune out reality TV and pay attention to the news once in a while.

We already fought that cold war. No need to fight it again. You can not regain the bloom and enthusiasm of your youth. Sadly, those days are gone.

#12 2012-03-28 19:29:44

"Exactly at a time when Russia and the USA are finding that they have far more in common than differences, exactly when they see that they are much more friends than foes, when they see that there is so much to be gained through collaboration, a foul-mouthed, big-headed oaf like Romney with more money than sense makes a comment that reveals who he really is to the world: a pea-brained, pith-headed simpleton with too much testosterone and too little common sense, with zero tact, no diplomacy and a paramount grasp on the intricacies of world politics. A prize, good-for-nothing ignoramus,"

"Electing Mitt Romney as the next President of the United States of America would be like appointing a serial paedophile as a kindergarten teacher, a rapist as a janitor at a girls' dormitory or a psychopath with a fixation on knives as a kitchen hand.

Are they wrong?

#14 2012-03-28 21:06:17

I suppose for some people a Permanent War culture is just not enough. They need more and more. Luckily there are those who are more than willing to abide. For a price they will come right to your Senator's street corner.

This was a private company, owned by foreigners, hawking its wartime wares on public property. The company had received permission from an unidentified senator, according to a Capitol Police spokesperson. It was all very routine.

I asked Johannessen why he parked his product on this particular corner. “A lot of people on the Hill don’t know about these systems,”

#15 2012-03-28 23:41:43

Of course if the military industrial complex can keep weaponizing the coolest gizmos then maybe it isn't all that bad.

From the guys in Boston who brought you the autonomous pack mule.

#16 2012-03-28 23:53:40

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Of course if the military industrial complex can keep weaponizing the coolest gizmos then maybe it isn't all that bad.

From the guys in Boston who brought you the autonomous pack mule.

with 8 oz's of c4.  I cannot imagine the damage it would do.

#17 2012-03-29 09:18:17

I prefer this hijacking of technology:
http://tacocopter.com/

To the "Pissing off the Reds" discussion.

I for one certainly do not want my children living in fear; of the bomb, terrorists, food additives....whatever.  I also feel that despite the deeply ingrained cultural stigma both countries have for each other, the Russians are a lot like us.....during Prohibition.  Until they get that murdering KGB fuckhead as far away from the Kremlin as possible (or under it), I will always be wary of their motivations for any international action they take.

#19 2012-03-29 19:27:45

There's nothing quite like running on your record, is there? Sure, by all means elect Romney just to piss off those dirty commie Ruskies, that makes perfect sense. While you're at it why not hold your breathe until your face turns blue to piss off your mom?

#20 2012-03-29 20:56:27

"There’s a senator from my state, you may have heard, that wants to get elected president," Romney said... "And I don’t know why he wants to do that because, of course, if he won, he’d have to move into a smaller house."

#21 2012-03-29 22:07:48

Don't forget that Romney wants to start another long war in Iran as well.  That sounds like a GREAT idea!

#22 2012-03-30 08:58:54

tojo2000 wrote:

Don't forget that Romney wants to start another long war in Iran as well.  That sounds like a GREAT idea!

That is simply a case of him rattling someone else's saber.  Even the Sauds want Achmedinnerjacket drop kicked off an aircraft carrier.

#23 2012-03-30 12:45:24

XregnaR wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

That is simply a case of him rattling someone else's saber.  Even the Sauds want Achmedinnerjacket drop kicked off an aircraft carrier.

Some interesting articles to fuel speculation:

http://www.georgiatimes.info/en/analysis/73887.html

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 … 87,00.html

Curiouser and curiouser.  Pardon me while I go start loading magazines.....

#24 2012-03-30 13:47:29

Let the Israelis bomb Iran. It's not like we didn't give them enough cash and goods for all of the military hardware they need to get the job done. Just don't come running back under our skirts when Egypt and Syria put the ol' pincer move on you while you are otherwise engaged. Neither is a huge fan of Iran either, but they know they have been waiting a generation for an opportunity like this.

I'm not loading magazines, but another couple of buckets of ammo might be prudent before the prices shoot back up again.

#25 2012-03-31 04:34:41

If Israel is stupid enough to bomb Iran, I really hope the American Government ignores the calls for war from AIPAC and the rest of the Jewish Lobby, and lets Israel twist in the wind.

Edit:  I forgot about the Samson Option, Israel's threat to launch its nuclear bombs at targets all over the world if it looks like they're going under.

Last edited by fnord (2012-03-31 04:39:49)

Board footer

cruelery.com