#2 2012-04-30 14:42:05

It's obvious the guy no longer wants to hang with folks like us.

Look past the crocodile tears on any online debunking forum, and you'll quickly find that the majority of visitors are not drawn there by concern for the victims of irrationality, but by contempt. They're there to laugh at idiots.

#3 2012-04-30 19:32:19

WCL

Over the last few decades skepticism has metamorphosed. What was once a way of thinking - relativistic, flexible, and applicable without recourse to authority - has rotted into an otiose reflection of its enemy - absolutist, inflexible, replete with prophets, canons and doxologies. People are partisan for reasons of self-interest. We evolved to form and defend protective communities; my country/religion/philosophy, right, wrong or ridiculous. No social institution or philosophy is immune. The brilliant among us create wonderful things, which the rest of us digest and expel according to our limited abilities. In the final, most skeptical analysis, everything turns to shit, and will continue to do so until the universe attains a state of shit-death. I will explain more about shit-death as I continue to refine my theory of scatropyTM, roughly defined as the amount of information in any system which has turned to shit. (In any isolated system, the scatropyTM always stays constant or increases. Such is the Way of Shit.)

Board footer

cruelery.com