#1 2010-11-15 02:12:05

I Pray He Does Time In His Own Facilities.... YES.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/sher … ase-probe/

#2 2010-11-15 07:48:57

It's not like this is fraud, the only accusation is that he used a different records keeping system.  This is a witch hunt with no other purpose than to bring this guy down, I am quite sure more than 80 mil has been spent trying to find a slim reason to publish something bad about him.

Personally I applaud most of his actions, particularly the pink prisoner uniforms and tent cities.

#3 2010-11-15 17:07:41

Right on, keeping two sets of books has never been a crime before now.

#4 2010-11-15 18:13:01

they did not update the official database, which led to the potential problems,"

They only kept one set of books; sounds like a very typical disparate systems problem so the end user just says fuck it and gone with the one.

#5 2010-11-15 18:33:25

Emmeran wrote:

they did not update the official database, which led to the potential problems,"

They only kept one set of books; sounds like a very typical disparate systems problem so the end user just says fuck it and gone with the one.

Yes, that's no doubt why he refused to provide any information to the Justice Department. Face it, Em, the guy's a scumbag of the first water.

#6 2010-11-15 21:26:22

Tall Paul wrote:

Yes, that's no doubt why he refused to provide any information to the Justice Department. Face it, Em, the guy's a scumbag of the first water.

I understand that the flaming liberals hate him because he's anti-immigrant and I understand that every witch-hunt will eventually find something that can be construed as untoward.   What I don't understand is why you and Dusty hate him.

I'd like to see some facts concerning his "scumbagginess".   It's a pretty safe bet that this current factoid is a known system limitation which probably has a budget-starved project in the works to resolve it; although the lack of budget will keep that from happening.

What we do know about him: 

1) Low cost minimum security jails; the famous tents in the desert.  Well if it's good enough for our troops it's good enough for the jail-birds.

2) Less than tasty but still nutritious jail food.   See item #1, I ate beans & weenies for 6 months in Desert Shield/Storm - it does the job.

3)  Pink prison uniforms.  Let's face it, it's really embarassing when the gangs start stealing prison clothes to wear as a badge of honor, nice solution.

4)  Rounds up illegal immigrants.  This isn't the place to humiliate the open borders crowd, we'll leave that for another thread.

So please, examples of his Scumbagginess.

#7 2010-11-15 21:32:53

The humiliation is all yours, Mr. Emm.  But thanks for exercising that much discretion.

#8 2010-11-15 21:40:35

Fled wrote:

The humiliation is all yours, Mr. Emm.  But thanks for exercising that much discretion.

So you can't explain why you hate him then?

#9 2010-11-15 22:07:02

He's being done for constitutional rights violations at the present time as well.  The jury is out, but what will happen?  I LOL with the pink outfits.  He has a sardonic sense of humour at least.

#10 2010-11-15 22:15:07

Dmtdust wrote:

He's being done for constitutional rights violations at the present time as well.  The jury is out, but what will happen?  I LOL with the pink outfits.  He has a sardonic sense of humour at least.

They are trying to do him every which way for everything they can think of, not sure why they want illegal immigration so badly.  Me thinks this ties in with your TSA post, somehow the illegals give them leverage over us.

Should we go open borders though we will have to deal with hundreds of millions of poor Chinese, Indians and Indonesians - we can't possibly hope to absorb a billion poor people.

#11 2010-11-15 22:44:44

I don't hate him, I've never met the man. I do have problems with putting human beings in the custody of a self-aggrandizing asshole though. Some other line of work for him might suit the rest of us better.

#12 2010-11-16 06:03:21

I don't object to his rounding up immigrants, or making jail unpleasant to motivate the assholes to either get their lives together or leave town.  What I do object to is his constant threats against, investigations of, and intimidation of the media and other local officials.  These actions on his part are the reason for the intense effort to bring him down.

Last edited by fnord (2010-11-16 06:05:00)

#13 2010-11-16 07:56:17

Emmeran wrote:

Fled wrote:

So you can't explain why you hate him then?

I didn't say I hated anyone.  Just like you didn't say you hate gestapo methods.

#14 2010-11-16 11:24:42

Fled wrote:

I didn't say I hated anyone.  Just like you didn't say you hate gestapo methods.

Gestapo methods?

I don't see any cattle cars heading to work camps.

#15 2010-11-16 11:27:05

Honey, fly.

#16 2010-11-16 15:34:32

actually fly's prefer shit

#17 2010-11-16 17:54:04

Joe is a crusty, independent SOB who steps on toes and happens to be treating criminals exactly the way his constituents want him to treat them.  So he redirected some money.  BFD.  It's not as though he's lining his pockets.  He simply put it to better use.

#18 2010-11-16 19:14:51

phreddy wrote:

Joe is a crusty, independent SOB who steps on toes and happens to be treating criminals exactly the way his constituents want him to treat them.  So he redirected some money.  BFD.  It's not as though he's lining his pockets.  He simply put it to better use.

Uh Huh.

#19 2010-11-16 19:45:00

Dusty,

Check your White Courtesy Phone if you haven't, please.

#20 2010-11-16 20:45:12

fnord wrote:

What I do object to is his constant threats against, investigations of, and intimidation of the media and other local officials.  These actions on his part are the reason for the intense effort to bring him down.

If this is true then I agree with you, got any reference articles?

Last edited by Emmeran (2010-11-16 20:45:28)

#21 2010-11-16 21:01:15

I don't see how you can pass this off as some kind of clerical error.  Maybe he didn't use the money to buy himself a house, and no doubt that's how he justified it, but there was money set aside for prisons, and this sheriff funneled that money to his own pet projects instead so that he could fund his illegal-alien-hunting squads.  It's fraud, plain and simple.  Whether you think his ultimate goal in creating these groups is beside the point.  Also, it's humorously hypocritical to justify his actions because he is trying to crack down on people without documentation when his actions are themselves illegal.

#22 2010-11-16 21:20:54

tojo2000 wrote:

I don't see how you can pass this off as some kind of clerical error.  Maybe he didn't use the money to buy himself a house, and no doubt that's how he justified it, but there was money set aside for prisons, and this sheriff funneled that money to his own pet projects instead so that he could fund his illegal-alien-hunting squads.  It's fraud, plain and simple.  Whether you think his ultimate goal in creating these groups is beside the point.  Also, it's humorously hypocritical to justify his actions because he is trying to crack down on people without documentation when his actions are themselves illegal.

I'm not trying to pass this off as anything, I have merely pointed out that there is a greater likelihood that this report is premature and erroneous - particularly considering the source.

The invalidity of justifying law breaking at any level, is without question however should this guy be convicted of jay-walking that conviction does not lessen the crimes of those he has arrested.

As for the "undocumented", there is no legal standing for that term.  By law we have illegal aliens or illegal criminal alliens - you choose, but that is the terminology under federal law.  And remember, there are 2 billion more waiting to "come to America"; I'm interested in knowing who gets in first and what you will do with them all.

#24 2010-11-17 07:33:39

Emmeran wrote:

As for the "undocumented", there is no legal standing for that term.  By law we have illegal aliens or illegal criminal alliens - you choose, but that is the terminology under federal law.  And remember, there are 2 billion more waiting to "come to America"; I'm interested in knowing who gets in first and what you will do with them all.

Oops.  I guess this is the place after all. 

Is your message "The enemy of my enemy is my friend, regardless of all the other shit he brings with him"?

Last edited by Fled (2010-11-17 07:34:27)

#25 2010-11-17 15:24:46

Fled wrote:

Is your message "The enemy of my enemy is my friend, regardless of all the other shit he brings with him"?

Nope, just saying that the two facts are not inclusive; also that this is merely an accusation in a blog that is self-proclaimed to be anti-Joe.

#26 2010-11-17 15:36:36

After going through that long list I noticed a couple of things.  Firstly Arpaio and his County Prosecutor are oblivious to Wiki, that particular write up is incredibly prejudiced.  Secondly there is a massive political feud going on that appears to have been started by the other side (from reading the order of events); everyone is investigating and sueing everyone, I'm not sure I would use that as a reference.

Finally, despite that crazy mess and the DoJ's witch hunt this guy still seems to be a self-obsessing media-whore; I do like his prison's though.  I'm going to have to go ahead and endorse the scum bag title.

Last edited by Emmeran (2010-11-17 15:38:16)

#27 2010-11-17 23:29:49

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/short-spacer.gifhttps://cruelery.com/sidepic/JoeArpaio.png

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#28 2010-11-18 00:07:22

Money says they can't find anything truthful to paint him with (outside of being a media whore).  He's 95% right which is far more than we can claim for most politicians.

[You've jumped the gun Choad, the smart money says this guy stayed deliberately within the scope of our laws]

Last edited by Emmeran (2010-11-18 08:17:58)

#29 2010-11-18 02:02:59

Emmeran wrote:

Money says they can't find anything truthful to paint him with (outside of being a media whore).  He's 95% right which is far more than we can claim for most politicians.

[You've jumped the gun Choad, the smart money says this guy stayed deliberlately within the scope of our laws]

Oh, My Fucking God, Emmeran, I know you are aligned with this guy when it comes to illegal aliens, but you've got such a hard-on for this guy I can't believe you can still fit your  regular pants.   

Really, when it comes to illegal aliens, there are much better masts to tie your flag to.  Mr Arpaio is a complete douche, whether he's chasing illegals, or running down some other racial group.  You really should take the time to discriminate in a more thoughtful manner before you start throwing your weight behind someone you don't know at all.  It just makes you look ignit.

#30 2010-11-18 08:17:20

tojo2000 wrote:

Oh, My Fucking God, Emmeran, I know you are aligned with this guy when it comes to illegal aliens, but you've got such a hard-on for this guy I can't believe you can still fit your  regular pants.   

Really, when it comes to illegal aliens, there are much better masts to tie your flag to.  Mr Arpaio is a complete douche, whether he's chasing illegals, or running down some other racial group.  You really should take the time to discriminate in a more thoughtful manner before you start throwing your weight behind someone you don't know at all.  It just makes you look ignit.

I've listened to the arguments and tend to agree that he's pulled some shithead moves; however as you rightly point out, I've not met the guy so can't say that he's a complete douche.  In this case though I just don't think there is any merit to this particular accusation - if there were any real proof the DoJ would be trumpeting it from the heavens.

(then again does anyone here know the man beyond the positions taken by their preferred news sources?  Why does Dusty have such a hardon for him?)

#31 2010-11-18 08:49:22

Emmeran wrote:

Why does Dusty have such a hardon for him?

Because he is Frank Rizzo of the Desert?

#32 2010-11-18 12:57:27

Emmeran wrote:

Why does Dusty have such a hardon for him?)

You are the one coming back again and again.  Cast your net no further I say.

#33 2010-11-18 20:51:15

Dmtdust wrote:

You are the one coming back again and again.  Cast your net no further I say.

Actually, I was very surprised at the poison spouted so rapidly at this fella; I really didn't have much of a take on the obviously partisian news article.  But, by the gods, y'all seem to hate him more than Anne Cunter and I still can't figure out why.

#35 2010-12-26 21:42:50

What a very kind, loving, and Christian thing to do!  I'm sure baby Jesus pooped his diaper with glee!

#36 2010-12-27 00:27:16

What's the matter with Frank Rizzo?  I mean, any guy that can stylishly meld a tux with a nightstick can't be all bad. 

http://www.internationalist.org/rizzo69.jpg

#39 2012-05-10 05:44:45

Arpaio has denied allegations of systematic discriminatory policing and has insisted the Justice Department provide facts to prove its allegations.

Not to worry Joe, didn't they just sent you a letter outlining their plans to do exactly that?

Board footer

cruelery.com