• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » This sort of explains why rap is such shitty music

#1 2012-05-14 14:00:16

The subject quickly changed as the speaker went on to tell us that the respective companies we represented had invested in a very profitable industry which could become even more rewarding with our active involvement. He explained that the companies we work for had invested millions into the building of privately owned prisons and that our positions of influence in the music industry would actually impact the profitability of these investments.

Last edited by Taint (2012-05-14 14:00:49)

#2 2012-05-14 14:26:52

WCL

No evidence, no corroboration, no names named, and an anonymous author. Even if the meeting really took place, this "article" is indistinguishable from fiction.

#3 2012-05-14 15:13:40

I'm no fan of rap, the record industry or the prison industrial complex but I don't buy this collusion, or that it matters at all if there was. Anyway, that's my 50 cent.

#4 2012-05-14 15:14:52

WCL wrote:

No evidence, no corroboration, no names named, and an anonymous author. Even if the meeting really took place, this "article" is indistinguishable from fiction.

Thank you.

#5 2012-05-14 16:40:05

Nobody can deny popular music has become very painful to listen to.  Lyrics have gone from "Baby, I love you" to "You're a hoe, and I'm gonna break your face and rape your ass".  Suggested illegal behavior has gone from "Lets smoke some weed" to "Kill White people and stomp their babies into a bloody pulp".  It's not hard to believe meetings may have been held to encourage this change in direction.

#6 2012-05-14 18:54:18

WCL wrote:

All true, but the distorting influence of for-profit incarceration (formerly known as kidnapping) on the courts, legislature  and the investment market are not only undeniable but were easily predicted.

#7 2012-05-14 22:03:09

choad wrote:

Anyway, that's my 50 cent.

Very nice, I chortled.

#9 2012-05-15 14:06:53

Privatization of our core social responsibilities is by far the greatest example of the corruption of unfettered capitalism.  This simply saddens me.

#10 2012-05-15 14:11:43

Emmeran wrote:

Privatization of our core social responsibilities is by far the greatest example of the corruption of unfettered capitalism.  This simply saddens me.

I always like pointing out to tea partiers that we have a socialized system of fire departments. You can almost see that information bouncing off their heads.

#11 2012-05-15 15:48:16

ah297900 wrote:

I always like pointing out to tea partiers that we have a socialized system of fire departments. You can almost see that information bouncing off their heads.

They're to busy planning the modern day Kristallnacht...

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » This sort of explains why rap is such shitty music

Board footer

cruelery.com