#1 2012-09-12 13:44:26

Russian ships displayed at DNC tribute to veterans.  Another juvenile "fuck you" by DNC staff?  Probably. This is incredible, but not particularly surprising.

#2 2012-09-12 13:49:08

So Phreddy, you would have realized the difference?  Just another stock photo mistake in the internet age, BFD.

#3 2012-09-12 14:09:52

Emmeran wrote:

So Phreddy, you would have realized the difference?  Just another stock photo mistake in the internet age, BFD.

Although I was trained to recognize various types of vessels, I concede that one probably would have flown by me.  However, I am not convinced it was a mistake.  There are a lot of military haters in the DNC and this would be a perfect opportunity to sneak in a little inside joke.

#4 2012-09-12 14:37:28

So, no one told Phreddy about the secret meeting held before the convention to discuss ways to denigrate and humiliate the Navy? Oh, silly me. It was a secret. Sorry, Phreddy. I'll send you the notes, though.

#5 2012-09-12 15:33:24

phreddy wrote:

There are a lot of military haters in the DNC

Really phreddy, this isn't the place to trot out republican myths and try to call them fact.

#6 2012-09-12 15:46:36

I mean its ignorance probably.  Some amateur got stock images and didn't know what he/she had.  Of course Phweddy might be right, and then again I am still a virgin if he is.

#7 2012-09-12 16:02:18

A PATRIOT would know his country's boats.

#8 2012-09-12 16:41:12

Emmeran wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Really phreddy, this isn't the place to trot out republican myths and try to call them fact.

Really?  Coincidently, it was John Kerry who was delivering the speech in front of the image of the Russian ships.  The same John Kerry who came back from Vietnam, threw his medals into a fire then went to Congress where he accused his shipmates and other military personnel of horrible attrocities, none of which he actually witnessed.  I think we can classify him as a military hater, even if he wasn't involved in choosing the backdrop.

#9 2012-09-12 17:00:19

phreddy wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Really?  Coincidently, it was John Kerry who was delivering the speech in front of the image of the Russian ships.  The same John Kerry who came back from Vietnam, threw his medals into a fire then went to Congress where he accused his shipmates and other military personnel of horrible attrocities, none of which he actually witnessed.  I think we can classify him as a military hater, even if he wasn't involved in choosing the backdrop.

A course in logic would help you immeasurably, Phreddy. Here's a fundamental concept: Is there a possible world in which John Kerry could:

a: come back from Vietnam and throw his medals into a fire;
b: accuse his shipmates and other military personnel of horrible attrocities, none of which he actually witnessed;
and:
c: not be a military hater.

And of course, there are many such worlds, with many completely plausible, possibly admirable explanations for his behaviour - thus your argument is logically invalid. You're a smart man - you need to look to your emotions to explain why such fundamental logical analysis is not second nature.

#10 2012-09-12 17:49:29

Phreddy may not be as irrational nor as ignorant of modern military weaponry as he seems to be. Are you, Comrade?

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Education/Pix/pictures/2012/8/30/1346335428203/A-drawing-explaining-Alek-008.jpg

++click++

#11 2012-09-12 18:23:51

The best part is, the Admiral's staff most likely put together the presentation.  Frankly entire careers have now been served since Russia was our enemy...

#12 2012-09-12 23:42:19

Emmeran wrote:

The best part is, the Admiral's staff most likely put together the presentation.  Frankly entire careers have now been served since Russia was our enemy...

Although Romney seems hellbent on making sure we're enemies again.

#13 2012-09-13 00:39:56

Taint wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Yes, it's all Romney.  Considering Obaaaaama has done wonders with the Russian "reset."  Let's not forget, that the oligarchs in Russia are supporting those wonderful Ba'athists in Syria and, formerly, in Iraq.  Oh yeah, they also worked with Iran's pieceful nuclear program.  Nothing like an oil rich Islamic theocracy with nuclear weapons.

http://imgur.com/YBaEN 

Funny how apologetic the Obaaaaama apologists excuse this as just a simple stock footage mixup as opposed to a blistering proof of racism, misogyny, and jingoistic mistake if it wasn't one from their Party.

Last edited by Egoist (2012-09-13 00:40:29)

#14 2012-09-13 01:14:17

Egoist wrote:

Considering Obaaaaama

Have you ever considered that using "Obaaaaama" might predispose people to discount any salient facts that you're trying to present?  This makes you sound like you're at a football game or on a Rush Limbaugh call-in.

#15 2012-09-13 01:30:52

Egoist wrote:

Taint wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Yes, it's all Romney.  Considering Obaaaaama has done wonders with the Russian "reset."  Let's not forget, that the oligarchs in Russia are supporting those wonderful Ba'athists in Syria and, formerly, in Iraq.  Oh yeah, they also worked with Iran's pieceful nuclear program.  Nothing like an oil rich Islamic theocracy with nuclear weapons.

http://imgur.com/YBaEN 

Funny how apologetic the Obaaaaama apologists excuse this as just a simple stock footage mixup as opposed to a blistering proof of racism, misogyny, and jingoistic mistake if it wasn't one from their Party.

Goodness.  It must have an effect to get your Mormon Undies in a twist.

#16 2012-09-13 02:15:34

Goodness.  It must have an effect to get your Mormon Undies in a twist.

I smell a burning straw-man.

I dislike Obaaaaama must so I must worship a 6' tall god-physical-man who lives on the planet Kolob who impregnated a 14 year old girl with himself who went off on a suicide mission to correct his mistake, despite being an omnipotent being.  Corky from Life Goes On can craft a better argument than you.

At least my magic garments protect me from bullets, fire, knives and satan!

On a side note, I do miss The Commish.

#17 2012-09-13 11:04:47

I am not crafting an argument, merely prodding a troll.

Board footer

cruelery.com