#2 2012-11-15 12:50:45

Actually, as paranoid as this sounds, I have to say I think there were issues with this. 

I know nearly everyone in our voting district - seriously, I really do - the place just ain't that big or populated, and I'm involved with a lot of orgs that contact the locals, so I've got to know most of the folks personally. 

When I was waiting in line to vote I saw a 30-ish black woman exiting from voting and I didn't recognize her at all... we live in a pretty up-scale area and she was clearly not dressed like someone from our area, either.. she's wearing ghetto togs in a mostly Jewish yuppy-hood. 

Anyway, one of the folks in line was talking about the need for identification to vote, and as the black woman passed by she overheard and promptly commented "Oh, you don't nee any identification - I didn't give any!", and then hurried out the door.  I saw her drive off in her car, so she must have had at least a license.

Not sure how widespread the issue was, but I'm positive that woman wasn't from our voting district.

#3 2012-11-15 13:46:44

Do you really know everyone in your voting district?  You can make a determination based upon the way they dress?

I've had people claim the same shit about me where I vote.  Fuck them.  The voter fraud paranoiacs will never go away.  The rest of us just have to accept them like a drunk uncle.

#4 2012-11-15 13:54:43

SailorMcNutley

#5 2012-11-15 14:49:55

There's no mystery about all of the black people who showed up to vote at White precincts.  You see, many of the evil descendants of Yacub's grafting experiments still own slaves!  Now, they can’t discuss this with their family and friends, so they keep the slaves hidden in their attics and basements.  The more liberal slave owners let their slaves out for the day to vote with the expectation that out of gratitude they would vote for Massa Romney.  Most Republicans consider it bad form to let the slaves vote, so social sanctions WILL be imposed on the foolish slave owners who let their chattel show up at the polls.

Edited to correct the spelling of the name of the evil black scientist who created White people via grafting.

Last edited by fnord (2012-11-15 14:53:32)

#6 2012-11-15 16:43:25

Fled wrote:

Do you really know everyone in your voting district?

Yeah, I really do.  I've taught most of their kids or seen them at other community functions.

#7 2012-11-15 17:09:59

whosasailorthen wrote:

Fled wrote:

Yeah, I really do.  I've taught most of their kids or seen them at other community functions.

You think you do. You might know everyone in your neighborhood, which isn't the same thing. It's a lot more likely that she voted there because of bizarre gerrymandered districting.

It seems that, for a lot of people, just seeing black people voting is suspicious in itself.

#8 2012-11-15 17:41:59

ah297900 wrote:

whosasailorthen wrote:

Fled wrote:

You think you do. You might know everyone in your neighborhood, which isn't the same thing. It's a lot more likely that she voted there because of bizarre gerrymandered districting.

It seems that, for a lot of people, just seeing black people voting is suspicious in itself.

Well, when VERY few live in your neighborhood, you tend to know who they are.  And the ones who do live in the area are basically Oreo's anyway... some are whiter inside than me.

Last edited by whosasailorthen (2012-11-15 17:42:48)

#9 2012-11-15 17:56:58

Look at the link--she might have been from five miles away.

#10 2012-11-15 17:58:09

ah297900 wrote:

Look at the link--she might have been from five miles away.

You are trying to reason with somebody who already knows everything.

Board footer

cruelery.com