#2 2012-12-02 09:23:37

Sounds like the statehouse is still locking it down tight with a max of 35 dispensaries statewide. It isn't legalization, it's just another govt monopoly.

#3 2012-12-02 13:11:37

It s a stepping stone.

#4 2012-12-03 09:34:23

Its just a change of enforcement from BATFE to Revenue. No provisions for private growth or sale yet and Ill bet they never allow it.

#5 2012-12-07 13:52:32

Well, maybe one day it will all be a business above ground with an open market and reasonable regulation. Till then there is always the outside chance we will come upon a hole of our own and have the good sense to know what to make of it.

Last edited by Johnny_Rotten (2012-12-07 14:00:24)

#6 2012-12-07 14:05:58

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

a hole of our own

What a great story.  I really want to know the outcome...

#7 2012-12-07 14:13:14

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Well, maybe one day it will all be a business above ground with an open market and reasonable regulation. Till then there is always the outside chance we will come upon a hole of our own and have the good sense to know what to make of it.

I'm tempted to say he's a moron, but he did have a stranger standing over his shoulder.

#8 2012-12-07 14:52:40

Tough situation with the stranger standing right there.

With the stranger gone and I was unable to get through to the Po po( which I wouldn't have really called) I think the right thing to do would be pretty clear.  Go to the grocery and get some Cheetos and get down.

#9 2012-12-07 14:56:25

http://www.clusterflock.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/cheetos-girl1.jpg

#10 2012-12-07 15:24:41

A story to provide mild entertainment in armchair traveling a mile in another's shoes. He sounded way too paranoid over the wrong boogeyman. Probably better he did not puff up and get more anxious. It was a nice stash but not anywhere near the value he assigned. It was likely someone his family knew well enough to have around the house or someone who knows his property.

I think the moral of the story is "never trust a strange hole." Always dig your own. Kids these days, don't they teach them anything in them there schools? By tradition how to hide in the woods really well was passed down from the outgoing highschoolers to us freshman.

#11 2012-12-07 17:19:01

It's a tale of two morons. The lack of brainpower involved in leaving a stash like that at someone else's house is staggering, the panic-laden paranoia dance of the finder hilarious. Burning the evidence would be by far the best option.

#12 2012-12-07 17:46:00

I have a hard time considering the value at $175k. But 10% to the cable tech and the rest would be mine...

But I'm with BigCat on this one, the snack food budget alone would be epic.

#13 2012-12-08 10:40:23

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Its just a change of enforcement from BATFE to Revenue. No provisions for private growth or sale yet and Ill bet they never allow it.

nor should they.  the laws for weed should be exactly the same as they are for alcohol.  You can make your own whisky or beer right now if you want to, but you don't.  because it's much better and cheaper to go down and get a nice bottle of really good whisky that was made in a clean dependable facility.

Weed will be the same way.  You go to the liquor store and you get a pack of Durbin Poison 100's for 10 bucks. 

The gov't could encourage existing cigarette manufacturers, whose business model is dying, to switch over and make weed cigarettes.  everybody wins except the pharma industry.  fuck 'em.

#14 2012-12-08 12:58:25

Lip shitz wrote:

You go to the liquor store and you get a pack of Durbin Poison 100's for 10 bucks. 
The gov't could encourage existing cigarette manufacturers, whose business model is dying, to switch over and make weed cigarettes.  everybody wins except the pharma industry.  fuck 'em.

I spent my teenage years in NC, home of King Tobacco and RG Reynolds et al.  It was the 70s and you younkers in the audience would never believe how casual everyone was about weed, and how lax most law enforcement was about it.  (Unless you had more than 4 oz together--and other obvious indications that you were dealing--not even the meanest cop would even bother with you.) 

Although I never saw any proof, of course, the scuttlebutt everywhere was that the tobacco companies were poised to enter the marijuana market in a big, big way.  They had spent money on marketing research, on quality control, on modifying their existing production and distribution systems, various government regulation scenarios, etc.

I expect that whatever documentation may have existed has long been destroyed, and no one involved would ever admit to any of it.  But frankly, given the atmosphere of the times, I would be truly astonished if the tobacco industry had not given the marijuana business a good, thorough investigation.  And I'll be even more astonished if what's left of the American tobacco industry doesn't take very aggressive steps to dominate whatever type of legitimate marijuana market emerges.  After all, there are enormous piles of money involved here.

#15 2012-12-08 14:07:39

https://cruelery.com/aud/Cheech.&.Chong.-.McDoobies.mp3

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#16 2012-12-08 18:29:03

sic

Methinks he nickered a jar or two for this progression in dialogue from strict reporting to dream-like images with back-to-back seldom (if ever) used adjectives...

"No guns, much to my relief - nor cash, nor heavier, more-potent drugs like heroin, or coke, or roofies or bath salts that would likely point to a Tarantinoesque denouement full of chewy dialogue and pointy knives."

Last edited by sic (2012-12-08 18:29:56)

#17 2012-12-08 19:14:49

Lip shitz wrote:

......You can make your own whisky or beer right now if you want to, but you don't.  because it's much better and cheaper to go down and get a nice bottle of really good whisky that was made in a clean dependable facility.......

Whiskey, maybe. Much of the flavor comes from oak casks, many of which were used to store sherry or port. Buying them is out of the question for most people and making them is a highly skilled art. There's quite a bit of waste involved in the distilling process if flavor and/or avoiding blindness is your main concern, but the process of just making alcohol is fairly simple. In fact, if producing fuel alcohol is your goal the legal requirements or simple, cheap and painless. As for beer, you're talking out your ass. It is FAR cheaper to make your own even after factoring in the cost of the equipment you'll need. The product is also much healthier and better tasting than anything you'll waste gas and tire rubber driving down to the store to find. The same thing goes for wine and mead. It's all a matter of investing the time to figure out what you're doing and the will to do it right.

There's no reason growing weed should be any different. The main obstacles are legal and a fat lazy ass. As with beer, there's also a built in safety factor. Smoke or drink too much and you won't have the energy to make more.

#18 2012-12-09 07:03:31

George Orr wrote:

Although I never saw any proof, of course, the scuttlebutt everywhere was that the tobacco companies were poised to enter the marijuana market in a big, big way.  They had spent money on marketing research, on quality control, on modifying their existing production and distribution systems, various government regulation scenarios, etc.

I expect that whatever documentation may have existed has long been destroyed, and no one involved would ever admit to any of it.  But frankly, given the atmosphere of the times, I would be truly astonished if the tobacco industry had not given the marijuana business a good, thorough investigation.  And I'll be even more astonished if what's left of the American tobacco industry doesn't take very aggressive steps to dominate whatever type of legitimate marijuana market emerges.  After all, there are enormous piles of money involved here.

40 years old and prescient

https://cruelery.com/uploads/21_acapulcogold.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#19 2012-12-09 12:37:49

Tall Paul wrote:

Lip shitz wrote:

......You can make your own whisky or beer right now if you want to, but you don't.  because it's much better and cheaper to go down and get a nice bottle of really good whisky that was made in a clean dependable facility.......

Whiskey, maybe. Much of the flavor comes from oak casks, many of which were used to store sherry or port. Buying them is out of the question for most people and making them is a highly skilled art. There's quite a bit of waste involved in the distilling process if flavor and/or avoiding blindness is your main concern, but the process of just making alcohol is fairly simple. In fact, if producing fuel alcohol is your goal the legal requirements or simple, cheap and painless. As for beer, you're talking out your ass. It is FAR cheaper to make your own even after factoring in the cost of the equipment you'll need. The product is also much healthier and better tasting than anything you'll waste gas and tire rubber driving down to the store to find. The same thing goes for wine and mead. It's all a matter of investing the time to figure out what you're doing and the will to do it right.

There's no reason growing weed should be any different. The main obstacles are legal and a fat lazy ass. As with beer, there's also a built in safety factor. Smoke or drink too much and you won't have the energy to make more.

As much as I hate myself for this..... I agree with Tall Paul on the beer. ( I don't think it's nice to tell our new friend he is tallking out of his ass because he has a different philosophy than you, though. ) If you enjoy the hobby or have a friend who enjoys it, home brew is better.  I have had some outstanding home brews that my self or my friends have made. It takes a little space and time, a good deal of attention to detail including being anal about sanitization but well worth it in my opinion.

#20 2012-12-09 18:45:01

Bigcat wrote:

I don't think it's nice .....

*snort*

#21 2012-12-09 21:01:13

Tall Paul wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

I don't think it's nice .....

*snort*

What? Hard to swallow?

Board footer

cruelery.com