#1 2013-11-18 18:36:35

Amazing what some corporations will do.
http://www.thenation.com/blog/177241/cl … -employees

#2 2013-11-18 20:12:55

WALMART SUCKS ASS! DEATH TO WALMART!

#3 2013-11-18 21:11:27

Walmart is the new K-Mart sans the blue light specials; they sell crap, they look like crap and they suck to shop in.  Long gone are the days of Sam Walton building a profitable business by enabling his employees, it's just a shit show now.

Sad part is it's hard not to shop there occasionally however Amazon is getting more and more of our business and we try to keep as much local as we can.  Our new locale makes it easy as the few dollars we save at Walmart are made up for by the gas we save not having to drive over there.  As a matter of fact all chains suck, the best part of our new locale is we have actual diners to eat at and stores to shop at; heck we even have a drive in movie theater.  I hope to hell these folks can hang on.

Last edited by Emmeran (2013-11-18 21:12:18)

#4 2013-11-18 22:54:58

Amazon IS our new local, they just built a billion square foot distro warehouse a couple of towns over. Anything that keeps old people out of the grocery store and hard at work delivering my goods in 2 days or less is OK by me.

#5 2013-11-19 00:09:48

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Amazon IS our new local, they just built a billion square foot distro warehouse a couple of towns over. Anything that keeps old people out of the grocery store and hard at work delivering my goods in 2 days or less is OK by me.

Yeah but Amazon will suck soon also, the innovators will leave and it will then be just the bean counters left behind.

#6 2013-11-19 00:31:22

Portland has wisely kept Walmart to the suburbs, and fought off any advance into the city itself.  We went in one when my son was about 9, so that makes it about 14 years ago.  I was horrified.  Who would even want to be in there?  I would rather pay extra and deal with my local stores where I am at least known, and that the people are payed a wage and the money stays locally.

#7 2013-11-19 01:07:24

Emmeran wrote:

As a matter of fact all chains suck,

Em, always respected you man. Military background, great political mind, supposedly have a wife with nice titties. But now you go and throw my beloved Popeye's Chicken under the bus just to make a point about Wal-Mart. Back the fuck down on my ever increasing chain of delicious spicy chicken or you might find yourself peeking out the window at a fully dressed clown throwing chicken bones at your stupid dog.

Last edited by Banjo (2013-11-19 01:13:58)

#8 2013-11-19 11:48:41

Dmtdust wrote:

Amazing what some corporations will do.
http://www.thenation.com/blog/177241/cl … -employees

I'm calling bullshit on this story.  Despite the headline, it is obvious the striking employees held the food drive.  More liberal horseshit.

#9 2013-11-19 12:29:22

phreddy wrote:

I'm calling bullshit on this story.  Despite the headline, it is obvious the striking employees held the food drive.  More liberal horseshit.

But why do you want to fuck up a good story?

#10 2013-11-19 17:18:21

Emmeran wrote:

phreddy wrote:

But why do you want to fuck up a good story?

I don't know, maybe because I wasn't there to pepper spray them as I broke the picket line. (Not that I ever shop at Wal-Mart.  The place gives me the creeps.)

#11 2013-11-19 20:24:48

"In Ohio, Walmart put out tubs asking Associates to donate to our coworkers who can't afford a Thanksgiving dinner"

A spokesman for the retail giant told the paper that employees helping employees is "part of the company's culture."

There was no picket line. This happened in the employees only area of the store. Walmart was not attempting to get it's customers to pay for their less fortunate employees, it was attempting to get it's own employees to do the paying.

Sounds like you are wrong phreddy. And in your case at least, there is absolutely no need to pair the word compassionate with conservative because you regularly prove you aren't.

#12 2013-11-20 11:46:22

I've read a couple different articles with different perspectives.  That there was a food drive is not in dispute.  Who initiated it is another question for which there is ambiguity...

#13 2013-11-20 13:25:35

doesyourpussyhurt wrote:

"In Ohio, Walmart put out tubs asking Associates to donate to our coworkers who can't afford a Thanksgiving dinner"

A spokesman for the retail giant told the paper that employees helping employees is "part of the company's culture."

There was no picket line. This happened in the employees only area of the store. Walmart was not attempting to get it's customers to pay for their less fortunate employees, it was attempting to get it's own employees to do the paying.

Sounds like you are wrong phreddy. And in your case at least, there is absolutely no need to pair the word compassionate with conservative because you regularly prove you aren't.

Thanks for making all my points Pussy.  I am calling bullshit on the article, as written by a left-wing activist.  The story headline clearly states that Wal-Mart, not the employees, set up the signs.  Second, the Wal-Mart rep simply acknowledges that the employees are helping one another.  He does not confirm that the company sponsored the drive. Third, the photo in the story shows the picket line.  All of it was constructed from bullshit to try to paint Wal-Mart as a villain.

And you are correct, I am not a compassionate conservative.

#14 2013-11-20 13:39:01

phreddy wrote:

I, however, am a compassionate conservative; I make it a point to try and donate weekly to the semi-attractive single mothers down at the local gentlemen's club.

#15 2013-11-20 13:43:31

Emmeran wrote:

phreddy wrote:

I, however, am a compassionate conservative; I make it a point to try and donate weekly to the semi-attractive single mothers down at the local gentlemen's club.

I see I need to expand my definition of the term.

#16 2013-11-20 17:35:35

What else can you expect from a store that has an asshole for a logo?

http://www.runninglovingliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Walmart-Logo.jpg

#17 2013-11-20 23:20:50

phreddy wrote:

Well I certainly hope the day never comes when you need compassion from others. You know, like when a spouse gets a horrendous disease or a child is not born exactly to your standards. The irony in that would probably kill you.

Of course a left leaning website/news outlet will spin the story to their way of thinking. Just as a Right leaning website will do the same. You certainly don't seem to mind when that happens. In the end, you will never change the way you think because you would never admit you could be wrong. 

And a link for you from a highly left leaning website:

enjoy

#18 2013-11-20 23:59:05

doesyourpussyhurt wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Well I certainly hope the day never comes when you need compassion from others. You know, like when a spouse gets a horrendous disease or a child is not born exactly to your standards. The irony in that would probably kill you.

That's being a little dramatic. I've known guys that have gone through all of these things and come out fine with a few simple possessions.

1. Enough "coins" to keep your webcam girl interested in exploring new adventures of the posterior kind.
2. A tasty adult beverage with just a whisper of Everclear floated on the top three inches of your Bob's Pub Free Giveaway Mega Mug
3. And (without being accused of corporate name dropping), having a big plate of a certain poultry's breasts deep fried in a cayenne infused batter with double dirty rice and a biscuit.

#19 2013-11-24 16:35:29

Banjo wrote:

That's being a little dramatic. I've known guys that have gone through all of these things and come out fine with a few simple possessions.

1. Enough "coins" to keep your webcam girl interested in exploring new adventures of the posterior kind.
2. A tasty adult beverage with just a whisper of Everclear floated on the top three inches of your Bob's Pub Free Giveaway Mega Mug
3. And (without being accused of corporate name dropping), having a big plate of a certain poultry's breasts deep fried in a cayenne infused batter with double dirty rice and a biscuit.

I rarely encourage or discourage much of anything around here.  That being said; carry on Banjo.

Board footer

cruelery.com