#1 2013-09-26 12:43:18

The news that "global warming" is not happening is chilling to the people who have invested their money and careers in a bogus cause.  The IPCC is finally having to admit that there has been no appreciable warming for the past 15 years.  This won't stop Al Gore and others from protecting their investments by continuing to blather on about carbon dioxide.

At the heart of the problem lie the computer models which, for 25 years, have formed the basis for the IPCC’s scaremongering: they predicted runaway global warming, when the real rise in temperatures has been much more modest. So modest, indeed, that it has fallen outside the lowest parameters of the IPCC’s prediction range. The computer models, in short, are bunk.

#2 2013-09-26 13:20:22

Old news dude, but we all know that as a populace you want to keep your local environment clean, you know - cancer and shit like that.  This concept just isn't that difficult, corporations saving a few dollars by not cleaning up is a bad idea; this is why Fracking sucks, the companies are pushing the clean up costs off to the tax payer whilst they take the money and run.  And you wonder why we're broke: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superfund

since that time funding for superfund sites for which the potentially responsible party (PRP) could not be found has been appropriated by Congress out of general revenues

Yup, they went bankrupt and left us holding the bill, you're paying for this shit brother - it would have been cheaper for us to just to walk up and stuff Benjamins' in the High Finance guys pockets.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

Last edited by Emmeran (2013-09-26 13:25:15)

#3 2013-09-26 14:04:10

Em, the global warming scam has nothing to do with environmental pollution.  I'm all for cleaning up toxic waste, but blaming human generated carbon dioxide for global warming is bullshit.  For some insane reason, we have allowed the crazies to convince us that we need to shut down industry, give up wood stoves, spend ridiculous money on solar and windpower fiascos, and pay a special tax for carbon credits to stay in business.  If you want to reduce your "carbon footprint" just stop breathing.

#4 2013-09-26 14:30:13

phreddy wrote:

Em, the global warming scam has nothing to do with environmental pollution.  I'm all for cleaning up toxic waste, but blaming human generated carbon dioxide for global warming is bullshit.  For some insane reason, we have allowed the crazies to convince us that we need to shut down industry, give up wood stoves, spend ridiculous money on solar and windpower fiascos, and pay a special tax for carbon credits to stay in business.  If you want to reduce your "carbon footprint" just stop breathing.

You're preaching to the choir buddy.  The only problem is getting these money grubbing corporations to clean up after themselves; we're listening if you have any ideas.

#5 2013-09-26 16:56:55

Em wrote:

You're preaching to the choir buddy.  The only problem is getting these money grubbing corporations to clean up after themselves; we're listening if you have any ideas.

My idea would be to form a huge government agency with unlimited funds and powerful regulations.  They would have ultimate control over air quality, water quality, hazardous materials, and anything they, themselves, deem to be pollution.  They could send out hoards of agents to monitor every aspect of manufacturing and fine the hell out of any perceived violation.  Oh, wait, we already have the EPA.

#6 2013-09-26 17:35:28

phreddy wrote:

Oh, wait, we already have the EPA.

Created by executive order by - heaven forbid - a Republican.

I'm sure that fact, like the fact that Republicans outvoted fillibustering Democrats to pass the Civil Rights Bill, will soon be expunged from history and claimed by the Democrats as something they created. Oh wait....

#7 2013-09-26 17:52:25

whosasailorthen wrote:

I'm sure that fact, like the fact that Republicans outvoted fillibustering Democrats to pass the Civil Rights Bill, will soon be expunged from history and claimed by the Democrats as something they created. Oh wait....

Don't be obtuse Sailor, southern democrats back then were what they were, we all know that story and there really isn't a need to drudge that crap up again; now those folks have become Tea Baggers.

I'm all about responsibility - it should be a personal mission but if we need enforcement on a corporate level then we had best get after it.  I don't trust these lawyers further than I can throw the lot of them and if you hadn't noticed lawyers run all of these corporation nowadays.

In reflection to Phreddy's mumbo-jumbo, {ironic} Yes, life was better when our rivers caught fire because we didn't hold people accountable.{/ironic}

#8 2013-09-26 21:23:32

Emmeran wrote:

whosasailorthen wrote:

Don't be obtuse Sailor, southern democrats back then were what they were, we all know that story and there really isn't a need to drudge that crap up again; now those folks have become Tea Baggers.

I'm all about responsibility - it should be a personal mission but if we need enforcement on a corporate level then we had best get after it.  I don't trust these lawyers further than I can throw the lot of them and if you hadn't noticed lawyers run all of these corporation nowadays.

In reflection to Phreddy's mumbo-jumbo, {ironic} Yes, life was better when our rivers caught fire because we didn't hold people accountable.{/ironic}

Not to mention that, back then, there were Liberal Republicans and Conservative Democrats.

And I was born and raised in the city where the Cuyahoga River caught fire.

#9 2013-09-26 23:21:57

I hate to say this but.....holy crap! I'm going to do it!........I agree with phreddy on this one. But just on the global warming thing. The EPA idea, not so much. (whew, ok. That wasn't too bad)

The only thing about the "green" business which makes sense to anyone is the business. There are billions of dollars being made by people who know full well that global warming/climate change or whatever they have decided to call it this week, is just a bogus claim to create even more wealth for certain people. Twenty years ago, they claimed the earth was cooling. Until there was no evidence to back them up. Now it is the opposite. I guess they think people are just too stupid to understand this type of thing, and they may well be right.

#10 2013-09-27 01:14:16

I am glad you and Phreddy are actually reading the science on this.  So heart warming that logic has prevailed once again.  Out of the 1400 or so studies, only 2 disagree with the concept of global temperature rise.  I am glad you are going with the .0014285714.

#11 2013-09-27 03:11:11

doesyourpussyhurt wrote:

Twenty years ago, they claimed the earth was cooling. Until there was no evidence to back them up. Now it is the opposite. I guess they think people are just too stupid to understand this type of thing, and they may well be right.

It is not the opposite. Only a small percentage of climatologists predicted global cooling. And we quit hearing about it (I had never heard of it until now) because the evidence predicted future warming of the planet. Not because a cabal of scientist thought they would garner more grant money by chasing the heat rather than the cold, as many conservatives seem to believe. I think many people remember the predictions of nuclear winter and the fright that caused, and remember it as predictions of global cooling.

Global Cooling- "This hypothesis had little support in the scientific community..."

#12 2013-09-27 09:40:29

I can show you plenty of data to refute all the "scientists" who are paid to produce a certain result. Scientists who work in the field of global warming are paid by the groups who expect a certain outcome. And like it or not, those scientists will find the results they need to in order to continue to get paid. That is reality. The UN has a vested interest in getting the results they need in order to get the billions of dollars they have called for in fines. Once again, the motivator is greed, not reality. Any report from the UN is suspect.

On the other hand, we ignore the fact that the large population centers create far more heating than vehicles and factories simply due to the amount of heat from the sun which they absorb. Look at the temperatures in any large city compared to the surrounding countryside and you will see this in action.

This planet has gone through more severe heating and cooling over the past millions of years. The medieval warming period was significantly warmer than the temperatures recorded today, and it also was one of the most productive periods in human history. That is why it was called the "Golden Age". None of that temperature increase was created by man. And I hope you are aware that the amount of increase in temperature is minimal. The Kyoto Protocol was written in response to the expected rise in temperature of the planet by a mere .4 degrees over the next 100 years. Hardly a significant increase. But this fact is not reported because if people understood the reality, they would not be willing to pay. Greed as motivator.

Look at the temperatures of the sun. Funny thing is, they have been increasing, although very slightly, as have the mean temperatures of all of the planets in the solar system. Does the sun play a role in the temperature of this planet? Most definitely.

I am not saying there will be no changes in temperature on this planet. But I am saying that it is a natural process of the planet and the solar system, and not a man-created event as so many believe. By all means, conserve energy. But do it for the right reasons. The future children who may require said energy. Not because you fear a warmer planet which would be more productive overall.

*Edited to correct a misstatement.

Last edited by doesyourpussyhurt (2013-09-27 10:02:44)

#13 2013-09-27 11:25:33

Pussy wrote:

I am not saying there will be no changes in temperature on this planet. But I am saying that it is a natural process of the planet and the solar system, and not a man-created event as so many believe. By all means, conserve energy. But do it for the right reasons. The future children who may require said energy. Not because you fear a warmer planet which would be more productive overall.

Precisely how I feel about this issue.  And as for Dusty's figures showing how many studies predict global warming, I have this to say.  The proof is in the pudding.  You could have a million studies predicting an event, but if it doesn't occur, you need to stop beating the drum and take a better look at your data.

#14 2013-09-27 13:35:30

Look - I'm at this from the selfish point of view - I just want clean air and water, as does everyone else.  So everyone should find it an imperative to clean up after themselves and insure that corporations do the same.  It's simple - if you make a mess it's your responsibility to clean it up, if you don't want to clean it up we will force you to - just as if you were a toddler.  If you refuse to clean up then we shall have to punish you, your board and your shareholders.  It's simple, don't leave your mess behind for others...

The fact that we even need to discuss this is embarrassing for the entire society.

#15 2013-09-27 18:40:40

To go back to Phreddy's original post and link.  The source is The Telegraph.   Enough said about the source.  On the science, I don't claim any particular expertise on the subject.  What I have read about the IPCC report, which is the piñata that the article swings at, considers the very recent trend in global temperatures.  The trend is that the long term rate of increase has slowed over the past few years.  The increase has not stopped altogether, nor have the measurements indicated global cooling.  They indicate only that the rate of warming has slowed.  What it means for the coming years is unknown to all.  In any event, a more careful reading of the report is in order.

Edited for syntax, which I pay regularly.

Last edited by Fled (2013-09-27 18:42:08)

#16 2013-09-27 18:45:31

doesyourpussyhurt wrote:

*Edited to correct a misstatement.

Nice touch, that. I like the 'Golden Age' bit as well.

#17 2013-09-27 21:07:57

I'm running low on patience for all of this shit.

#18 2013-09-27 23:20:09

If it was good enough for LBJ it should be good enough for you.

#21 2013-09-30 11:10:52

The problems with the articles posted by Baywolfe and by Dusty it that they are anecdotal.  Yes, the ice caps fluxuate, but in order to develop models which will accurately predict the climate, you need years of hard data.  The IPCC been preaching that it has that data.  Unfortunately, their models have not come close to predicting the climate for the past 15 years.  Instead of admitting they have it wrong and rebuild the models, they double down and insist they are correct regardless of the data they, themselves, have collected.

#22 2013-09-30 14:44:19

doesyourpussyhurt wrote:

Good stuff.

Fuckin' A, bubba.  The big picture.

#23 2013-09-30 14:48:38

phreddy wrote:

The problems with the articles posted by Baywolfe and by Dusty it that they are anecdotal.  Yes, the ice caps fluxuate, but in order to develop models which will accurately predict the climate, you need years of hard data.  The IPCC been preaching that it has that data.  Unfortunately, their models have not come close to predicting the climate for the past 15 years.  Instead of admitting they have it wrong and rebuild the models, they double down and insist they are correct regardless of the data they, themselves, have collected.

Well made point however I shall continue to stand on my principles that everyone should clean up their own damn mess and not run away and hide behind bankruptcy laws.

#25 2013-12-24 17:29:05

That makes no sense.  They grow corn and tomatoes in the Rio Grande valley.  Anybody think it's colder there than in Kansas?

#26 2013-12-24 18:06:35

Baywolfe wrote:

That makes no sense.  They grow corn and tomatoes in the Rio Grande valley.  Anybody think it's colder there than in Kansas?

Actually that part got me also, tomatoes love SoCal where it is dry and hot.  Hell we couldn't can them fast enough and corn loves the heat also.

But don't blame me:  I don't research the news, I don't write the news.  I'm lazy as can be so I just link the news.

(isn't that called twittering or some shit these days?)

#27 2013-12-24 20:48:34

Emmeran wrote:

But don't blame me:  I don't research the news, I don't write the news.  I'm lazy as can be so I just link the news.
(isn't that called twittering or some shit these days?)

Actually, when you do it on the Web it is called being "an aggregate site."

#28 2013-12-24 21:02:01

George Orr wrote:

So basically, a town gossip with adverts?

#29 2013-12-24 21:36:39

Emmeran wrote:

George Orr wrote:

So basically, a town gossip with adverts?

No, aggregate sites are far more contemptible.  I would never credit a town gossip who did not at least do a little cross-checking.

Board footer

cruelery.com