#2 2014-01-15 18:29:54

I guess AT&T is banking on no Federally mandated breakup this time, when they start trying to extort companies like Netflix, Amazon, etc.

#3 2014-01-15 22:35:41

Will they extort the companies or will they extort us, the consumer? It seems more logical that we will soon be required to pay extra for that Netflix membership or the fact that youtube is something we use. Say $5.99 extra for streaming or peer to peer.

#4 2014-01-15 23:17:00

Obama's FCC fucked the American public sideways in 2010 when it swallowed corporate dick and ruled internet providers were no longer common carriers, but "information services" instead.

This meant, as the court just ruled, the FCC no longer has jurisdiction when ISPs ransom access to the highest bidder and block content they don't like. No doubt it also meant Julius Genachowski, FCC Chair at the time, laughed all the way to the bank.

For small sites like this, it spells the beginning of the end. Enjoy it while you can.

#6 2014-01-16 04:10:23

Genachowski and his fellow commissioners deserve ridicule for their attempt to be halfway pregnant, but the grifter here is Michael Powell.

#8 2014-01-16 17:45:34

doesyourpussyhurt wrote:

Will they extort the companies or will they extort us, the consumer? It seems more logical that we will soon be required to pay extra for that Netflix membership or the fact that youtube is something we use. Say $5.99 extra for streaming or peer to peer.

That's true but at least you have the right to tell them to go fuck off.  I'm actually more scared of a usage amount fee that gets added to my bill for every website that I "paid" for enhanced speed.  Then all you can do is stop web surfing.

Board footer

cruelery.com