#101 2014-03-13 11:44:35

There is hope.  The court just made it clear that videotaping cops in action is protected by the first amendment.  Although this is a Maryland case, it could become a landmark.

#102 2014-03-13 18:13:57

phreddy wrote:

There is hope.  The court just made it clear that videotaping cops in action is protected by the first amendment.  Although this is a Maryland case, it could become a landmark.

But only if you show the cops I.D. Otherwise, protocol is to beat you to death in front of your family.

#103 2014-03-13 18:33:03

Tall Paul wrote:

phreddy wrote:

But only if you show the cops I.D. Otherwise, protocol is to beat you to death in front of your family.

Well, at least your family has the video to remember you by.

#104 2014-03-24 13:43:39

Fuck the po-lice. They've become pansies hiding behind their high tech equipment.

Last edited by nfidelbastard (2014-03-24 13:45:35)

#105 2014-03-24 14:17:19

This is what happens when you bring a knife (in each hand) to a gun fight.

#106 2014-03-25 21:32:28

Still took all of the shots after he turned away.

#107 2014-03-25 22:28:50

Fucking Cowards.

#108 2014-04-01 20:48:23

Police negligence suits on the rise. But wait, now with new twist. Now the cops sue you for negligence when they shoot dead your loved ones in your own home.

"I'm actually offended that people would think that police officers don't have civil rights to use civil law on their behalf. Everyone else does," he said. "If this case brings an awareness that people need to be completely, utterly honest with 911, and if people become aware that police officers have rights just like everybody else, I'm happy. Whatever else people think about me, I could care less."

Long said he and his client have no intentions of trying to bilk Kemal's mother-in-law. He says she should have just forwarded his letter about the deputy's claim to her insurance company rather than waiting for a lawsuit to be filed and then finding an outside lawyer to fight it.

#109 2014-04-16 10:58:59

XregnaR wrote:

This is what happens when you bring a knife (in each hand) to a gun fight.

A scathing report on these out of control officials. Now what happens to the bastards?

After a 16-month investigation of the Albuquerque Police Department, the federal government reports that its officers routinely violated the Constitutional rights of residents, unjustly beating them, shocking them with tasers, and even shooting them dead. 21 fatal shootings were reviewed. "Officers were not justified under federal law in using deadly force in the majority of those incidents," the report states. "Albuquerque police officers shot and killed civilians who did not pose an imminent threat of serious bodily harm or death to the officers or others."

...Albuquerque police needlessly extinguished someone's life on at least 11 occasions. One unarmed man was shot through the chest as he lay motionless on his back. "No police officer has been prosecuted for unlawful killing," The Economist notes, "yet the city has had to pay out $24m in legal settlements to victims’ relatives."

#110 2014-04-16 12:02:52

#112 2014-04-21 22:08:13

I wouldn't have thought it of a deputy of the court, but that's a quick shot. It's usually only 15-20 feet from the table to the docket.

#113 2014-04-21 22:39:48

Tongan Crips?

I coached some boys that were trending that way, scary fucking shit.

#114 2014-04-22 11:30:02

The TV news report on this incident featured a witness who said the guy was shot numerous times, including four in the chest after he was down.  Cops just itch for a chance to take out a cop killer.

#115 2014-04-22 12:05:50

He was shot by a US Marshal, not a deputy.  Federal LEOs have lots of spare ammo for training these days.  Local agencies, not so much.

As for how many times shot - a key factor is that when an LEO opens fire, it usually results in an empty magazine.  The exception to this is an LEO with relevant military experience.

It would appear the Tongan Crips actually trace their origins back to L.A., not Tonga.

I am having a hard time finding a definitive statement, but it appears he did not kill the marshals shot in 2007, or anyone else for that matter.

Not that any of this matters anymore.

#117 2014-05-10 17:13:34

Breaking Bad

Don't shoot to kill

Well fucking said, you are a cop and you are paid to take risks not to kill at the slightest hint of danger to yourself.

#118 2014-05-19 12:08:12

Examples of two types of police shootings, can you identify which one makes sense?

#119 2014-05-19 13:30:40

Emmeran wrote:

Examples of two types of police shootings, can you identify which one makes sense?

Obviously not this one- 'Police spokesman Joel DeSpain said the woman was shot after she “failed to comply with verbal commands.”'
Before long any act of civil disobedience will be a capital crime with punishment handed out by the po-lice. Hell, we don't need those liberal judges and juries getting involved anyway.

#120 2014-05-19 13:52:30

nfidelbastard wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Obviously not this one- 'Police spokesman Joel DeSpain said the woman was shot after she “failed to comply with verbal commands.”'
Before long any act of civil disobedience will be a capital crime with punishment handed out by the po-lice. Hell, we don't need those liberal judges and juries getting involved anyway.

Maybe she got what she was after.  After all, the neighbor did say she was suicidal.  The best way to implement a suicide by cop is to wave a gun around after they've told you to drop it.

#121 2014-05-19 20:10:28

phreddy wrote:

Maybe she got what she was after.  After all, the neighbor did say she was suicidal.  The best way to implement a suicide by cop is to wave a gun around after they've told you to drop it.

Yeah, 'cuz waiting the person out is such a bad idea.  Hell they might actually come to their senses or fall asleep or some silly shit like that; it's best to shoot them while you have the chance...

#122 2014-05-20 13:43:45

Emmeran wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Yeah, 'cuz waiting the person out is such a bad idea.  Hell they might actually come to their senses or fall asleep or some silly shit like that; it's best to shoot them while you have the chance...

We're not getting the right people joining "the force" these days.  They're all adrenaline junkies and corruptible people attracted to the power.

#124 2014-05-20 17:33:24

Joining the Lance Armstrong club for men

Last edited by Emmeran (2014-05-20 17:33:58)

#126 2014-05-25 04:11:46

Here's where the trouble starts, when you start thinking you have the toughest job out there.  Well you don't, get over yourself and start acting human again.

(If voting for toughest job I'm thinking the people who make a living for a year knocking on doors to say that your kid was killed have it worst in my book, but that's just me)

#127 2014-05-25 04:32:38

Emmeran wrote:

If voting for toughest job I'm thinking the people who make a living for a year knocking on doors to say that your kid was killed have it worst

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/deathathedoor.png

Unless they're commission flogging funeral and organ donor arrangements on the side. Gee, I'm an asshole.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#128 2014-05-29 18:17:57

This is pretty fucking funny (and spot on too):

Did APD Kill Today?

#129 2014-05-29 18:52:53

lechero wrote:

This is pretty fucking funny (and spot on too):

Did APD Kill Today?

Wait, those box cutters are dangerous, I heard they blew up the twin towers with just a couple of those...

#130 2014-05-30 13:57:14

"We can't stop," Terrell said. "We're called for a purpose. The members of this team want to be here."

..."I've talked to the D.A., I've talked to the GBI," Terrell said. "I've given them the whole information and they say there's nothing else we can do. There's nothing to investigate, there's nothing to look at. Given the information given, GBI's SWAT team would have done the exact same thing - they'd have used the exact same scenario to enter the house."

#131 2014-05-30 14:06:03

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

"We can't stop,"Terrell said. "We're called for a purpose. The members of this team want to be here."

They're motherfucking superheroes in the their own minds.

#133 2014-05-31 14:31:52

Our police officers are all CLEET certified, so they are real police officers,” Payne said.

What the fuck does that even mean?

Besides, the guns are real, the badges are real, the blue uniforms are real, but police officers are an illusion. 

It's about time that LEOs realize they are only "real" because we say they are.

#134 2014-05-31 15:00:45

I think this is a clear case of needing to keep your hands in plain sight, which means "over the shirt" instead of "under the bra".

#135 2014-05-31 17:27:40

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/pigrace.png

Impersonating a Police Officer

#136 2014-06-01 13:18:41

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

"We can't stop," Terrell said. "We're called for a purpose. The members of this team want to be here."

..."I've talked to the D.A., I've talked to the GBI," Terrell said. "I've given them the whole information and they say there's nothing else we can do. There's nothing to investigate, there's nothing to look at. Given the information given, GBI's SWAT team would have done the exact same thing - they'd have used the exact same scenario to enter the house."

The Devil seems to be down in Georgia.

Seems the toddler grenading sheriff has a bit of history with killing off his civillians.

...the cop who shot Ayers, hadn’t taken the series of firearms training classes required for his certification as a police officer. It gets worse. It turns out that Harrison also had received zero training in the use of lethal force.

He wasn’t authorized to make arrests or to carry a gun. Yet somehow he had been given a position on a narcotics task force

...how little professional accountability there had been for the death of Jonathan Ayers. The cop who killed him was fired, but only after it was revealed that he lacked the training. One other law enforcement official was fired for lying about the training. No one was disciplined for the actual killing of Ayers. Rickman, Terrell, and the other sheriff who oversees the task force were all reelected.

#137 2014-06-02 15:24:27

Emmeran wrote:

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Police-investigate-shot-fired-by-Tulsa-Public/qxHtUrUnik2D2lSeYHJSGA.cspx

Another case of an officer being "threatened" by someone driving away.

#138 2014-06-10 07:16:55

A tough day on Barbershop detail.

And remember kids, don't be one of those veterans everyone is so concerned about.

In the Indianapolis suburbs, officers said they needed a mine-resistant vehicle to protect against a possible attack by veterans returning from war.

“You have a lot of people who are coming out of the military that have the ability and knowledge to build I.E.D.’s and to defeat law enforcement techniques,”

#139 2014-06-10 11:28:05

Had a rather lively conversation with a local deputy about the MRAPs and mil-spec gear used by the cops these days. The gist of my side was -"you'll have to get out of that tin can eventually" and "just because you dress like a commando doesn't mean you know how to fight against one".

He had the butt hurt.

Fortunately his partner was someone I served with years ago, otherwise I probably would have chosen not to yank his chain.

#140 2014-06-10 18:50:12

XregnaR wrote:

He had the butt hurt.

Should have reminded him that they are all illusions, subject to going "pop" if we all decide to wake up.

#141 2014-06-21 01:17:38

#143 2014-06-26 21:53:13

They would of all been dead here, with the Grand Jury forgiving the Officers for everything.

#145 2014-06-27 18:07:28

http://giant.gfycat.com/WelldocumentedPertinentFreshwatereel.gif

#146 2014-06-28 11:58:59

Amusing.  What movie was that from?

#147 2014-06-29 00:55:30

XregnaR wrote:

Amusing.  What movie was that from?

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/keystonekops.png

Keystone Cops.

#148 2014-07-08 12:17:13

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/catapult.png

~ click ~

#149 2014-07-08 13:10:18

Antiquated is correct - they need to just turn them in before something bad happens.  I really hate the idea that the police now treasure their own safety above that of the citizens.

#150 2014-07-08 15:55:04

Outside tear gas launching -which can be done by other means...nope.  Maybe they couldn't get an MRAP and were having gear-queer envy.

I wonder if they got any of the flechette rounds.  Would make dealing with student protests a lot easier.

Board footer

cruelery.com