#2 2014-11-25 01:32:14

LET THE CHIMPOUTS BEGIN!

#3 2014-11-25 13:19:12

Anyone who actually listened to the prosecutor describe the process and the evidence last night and still believes Michael Brown was an innocent kid who was murdered by a policeman is completely brain dead.  How can anyone suggest that race was a factor in the grand jury decision when all (100%) of the witnesses corroborating the officers version of events were black?  This is just another excuse for race baiters to throw gasoline on the fire and for looters to burn and steal.  What ever happened to shooting looters on site?

#4 2014-11-25 13:58:13

phreddy wrote:

What ever happened to shooting looters on site?

It went the way of hanging cattle rustlers.  The punishment doesn't fit the crime.

It's not like Missouri is a gold star Civil Rights state, anyway.  You keep your black population poor and stupid at your own risk.

#5 2014-11-25 14:05:48

Baywolfe wrote:

phreddy wrote:

It went the way of hanging cattle rustlers.  The punishment doesn't fit the crime.

It's not like Missouri is a gold star Civil Rights state, anyway.  You keep your black population poor and stupid at your own risk.

Unfortunately, it is the black community who are primarily at risk from the looters.  Many of the looted stores are owned by blacks and almost all of them had black employees who are, today, unemployed.  Stupid is shitting in your own yard.

#6 2014-11-25 17:03:50

Stupid is making an announcement like that at 9 o'clock in the evening; that pretty much dictated that the idiots would have an open playing field and plenty of time to get liquored up after sundown.

Smart would have waited until tomorrow morning when it's supposed to be cold and snowy there or maybe even Thursday afternoon when everyone is full of turkey and has settled down to watch football.  Hell I would even suggest handing out free roasted turkeys Thursday morning and making the announcement three hours later, it would have been far cheaper than this shit.

Everything else aside you have to understand when you are dealing with idiots and you have to try to not be an idiot yourself...

#8 2014-11-26 15:35:16

Dmtdust wrote:

http://theweek.com/article/index/272660/why-america-should-stop-deferring-to-the-police-after-ferguson

That story is pure propaganda.  The lead in about cops threatening to kill a white, female PHd college professor over parking tickets is so absurd that the only ones expected to believe it are dim-witted trolls like those throwing molotov cocktails in Ferguson.  If you listen to the Ferguson deniers, we would be expected to try everyone accused of any crime.  Just skip the constitutional step of determining whether the government even has a case.

#9 2014-11-26 16:55:51

Let's just look at it this way Phreddy:  The cops average on body arsenal consists of a minimum of three non-lethal and two lethal weapons and yet this guy had to choose his most lethal weapon as his first method to resolve the issue.  Bottom line is he apparently didn't even consider the other options, after all we do spend a lot of time and money training these guys in the art of non-lethal combat.  Perhaps they could try that a little more often.

#10 2014-11-26 17:43:48

Phwed... I have been shot at for cops for trying to flee a bust, had a gun put to the back of my head with my face pressed against the hot bonnet of a cop car @ the age of 14 because I was rowdy with a group of friends.  No one hurt, no damage done, just a pissed off cop who had anger issues with kids.  So, anything is possible in my eyes.

#11 2014-11-26 18:09:31

phreddy wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Unfortunately, it is the black community who are primarily at risk from the looters.  Many of the looted stores are owned by blacks and almost all of them had black employees who are, today, unemployed.  Stupid is shitting in your own yard.

Just as they did in many cities in this country in the 1960's.  Cleveland had whole blocks on the lower east side bulldozed due there being nothing left but burnt out buildings.  They were still like that in the 1970's because nobody with money wanted to build anything there.  For all I know, they're still like that today.

Stupid is as stupid does.  Tell you what though, they weren't stupid enough to riot in the nearby, predominantly Italian, Murray Hill area.

#12 2014-11-27 11:44:50

Mall Train Jacked During Ferguson Riots

http://i.imgur.com/tV3zyGD.jpg

#14 2014-11-28 13:40:25

Dmtdust wrote:

Phwed... I have been shot at for cops for trying to flee a bust, had a gun put to the back of my head with my face pressed against the hot bonnet of a cop car @ the age of 14 because I was rowdy with a group of friends.  No one hurt, no damage done, just a pissed off cop who had anger issues with kids.  So, anything is possible in my eyes.

Put the fear of the law into you though didn't it?  Ever hear of the Scared Straight program where they put 14 year old kids in jail for a day so they know what it's like?  You got an early version of the program.

#15 2014-11-28 14:16:55

No, the opposite.  Thanks.

#16 2014-11-28 17:54:08

Wow,  scared straight. Yeah 3 decades ago they brought that dog and pony show to my school district. 4 years later the principal stood up before the community and made a public apology for wasting over a hundred thousand of  taxpayer's hard earned cash on the shyster snake oil salesman who run that show. 

Recently I found out that my adopted town of 10,000 is one of the hotbed holdouts of Nancy Regan Just Say No hysteria. Where they spend over half a million on outside "consultants" and guest speakers. Some of them from the same programs as in the Scared Straight era shucksters. These people never really wander far from the golden teat of tax payer dollars do they?

#17 2014-11-28 23:41:27

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Wow,  scared straight. Yeah 3 decades ago they brought that dog and pony show to my school district. 4 years later the principal stood up before the community and made a public apology for wasting over a hundred thousand of  taxpayer's hard earned cash on the shyster snake oil salesman who run that show. 

Recently I found out that my adopted town of 10,000 is one of the hotbed holdouts of Nancy Regan Just Say No hysteria. Where they spend over half a million on outside "consultants" and guest speakers. Some of them from the same programs as in the Scared Straight era shucksters. These people never really wander far from the golden teat of tax payer dollars do they?

I now live in a town of 10,000 people in Flyover Country that's still into Just Say No hysteria. They do shit like test the local sewer water to determine how much drug use is going on, and they still bust kids for small amounts of pot and send them away for years to the state pen. Could you possibly live in the same Gestapo Town where I live?

#18 2014-12-20 03:34:11

The Smoking Gun- Ferguson Prosecutor says witnesses lied under oath.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014 … hael-brown
In his first public interview since announcing the grand jury’s decision not to indict officer Darren Wilson, McCulloch told local radio station KTRS that he had decided to put witnesses forward to testify regardless of their credibility.
In her grand jury testimony, “Witness 40” described in detail how Michael Brown bent down “in a football position” and charged at officer Darren Wilson – an account often quoted in discussion of the case by rightwing commentators such as Fox News’s Sean Hannity.
McCulloch, in his interview, appeared to corroborate The Smoking Gun’s investigation of McElroy.
“This is a lady who clearly wasn’t present when this occurred, and she recounted this statement that was right out of the newspaper about Wilson’s actions, right down the line,” said McCulloch, “even though I’m sure she was nowhere near the place.”

#19 2014-12-20 09:30:00

Any cop or prosecutor will tell you that eyewitnesses are the LEAST credible witnesses.

#20 2014-12-20 17:03:19

Agree that this witness was bullshit, but then he also included witnesses that supported Brown who were similarly completly full of shit, as borne out by the 3 (2 of which were independent) autopsies... they said he'd been shot in the back when he in fact never was.  Nobody's reporting on that, though.

#21 2014-12-24 15:31:07

Protected whilst moonlighting?

Our military personnel don't even get such consideration, send it to trial and let the facts be heard!!

#22 2014-12-24 20:58:58

Officer Juventino Castro, who is Hispanic, was working an off-duty security job at a shopping center when he confronted Jordan Baker, 26, who was black, and he thought looked “suspicious,” according to a Houston Police Department report on the Jan. 16 incident.

It used to be we turned their own people against them to keep them in line.  Now, apparently, any minority will do.

#23 2014-12-25 02:57:57

Officer Castro, fearing for his life, discharged his duty weapon

And apparently it's "A-OK" to use your official weapon when working a side job, wonder if he got to use the cruiser also?

Board footer

cruelery.com