#1 2015-10-23 01:26:46

On this morning's commute one of the little fuckers rabbited out in front of me.  I'm doing 40, he's not big, maybe 60 lbs but he's doing a good panicked 30 at right angles.  I brake as soon as I see him on intercept, wound up hitting his ass end at about 25.

Deer went down.  Bike did not. 

Bigcat, there's happy end to this story.  After contact I was sideways doing a dirt maneuver on a cruiser and couldn't monitor the wildlife, but according to the guy that stopped, the poor little fella did about a 270, jumped up and completed the other 90 degrees to run off at what I assume was a reduced speed... probably to menace humanity again in the future. 

As great as that made my day, the downer is that I haven't set a cam up on the bike.  So forgive me for not providing a link.  Also, while there may be little comfort in this veil of tears, a least take comfort in the fact that I rarely post.

#2 2015-10-23 05:23:24

Congrats on survival as it is usually a good thing.

#3 2015-10-23 08:31:03

Fuckin hunters

#4 2015-10-23 09:48:04

Hitting anything with a bike and living to tell the tale is a rare but welcome outcome. Good for you!

#5 2015-10-23 10:28:40

Tall Paul wrote:

I am a penis

#6 2015-10-23 12:29:18

Bigcat wrote:

Tall Paul wrote:

I am a penis

Stop being such a dick, please.

#7 2015-10-23 12:35:07

That's not a toy so stop sword fighting boys, it's embarrassing.

#8 2015-10-23 13:02:21

Dmtdust wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

Tall Paul wrote:

I am a penis

For fuck sakes, I am just pissing around. What the fuck does it hurt you?

#9 2015-10-23 18:03:37

Bigcat wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

as a one trick pony routine it is a bit wearying.  If that makes you happy, please carry on, but really all I have to say is:

Last edited by Dmtdust (2015-10-24 13:43:31)

#10 2015-10-23 21:57:45

Dmtdust wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

as a one trick pony routine it is a bit wearying.  If that makes you happy, please carry on, but really all I have to say is:

Whatever dude. Paul and I have been fucking with each other for ages. It is all in fun. It is because of this kind of pissing and moaning that most people don't come around anymore.

A little surprised to see it coming from you. Emmeran yes, but not you.

Last edited by Dmtdust (2015-10-24 13:44:18)

#11 2015-10-23 22:37:25

It's all in fun, but keeping it inside the sandbox isn't an unreasonable request, all things considered.

https://cruelery.com/header/faphardy.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#12 2015-10-23 23:52:01

Bigcat wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

Whatever dude. Paul and I have been fucking with each other for ages. It is all in fun. It is because of this kind of pissing and moaning that most people don't come around anymore.

A little surprised to see it coming from you. Emmeran yes, but not you.

I can play rough as well can't I, plez?

Last edited by Dmtdust (2015-10-24 13:45:01)

#13 2015-10-24 01:33:51

oh good goddamn, we have grown old now together. What the fuck happened to us?

#14 2015-10-24 17:35:37

As we age, aspects of our personality concentrate, growing stronger, more nuanced - like wine.

http://i.imgur.com/1E4WJjD.jpg

#15 2015-10-24 22:27:39

I don't understand why calling a man a penis is considered derogatory.  I consider myself a fairly self-aware person, and I don't think "a penis with a highly advanced penis-support system" is a particularly bad description of the organic meat-bag that I am.  Not like a try to own that in public.

I took the same commute to work on the bike Friday morning, and yup seems I left about 20' of back tire as horizontal graffiti.  I blame the devastating PTSD for buying an 1100 Sabre today.  The theory is that I can almost pay for it by selling what I'll market on Craiglist as the DeerSlayer.  Admittedly optimistic theory.

In conclusion, stop belaboring the obvious and calling us penises and dicks.  Don't take umbrage when you're called a dick or a penis.  Let's face it, you're all dicks.

EDIT:  I just realized how incredibly gender insensitive this post was and I apologize.  I didn't mean to to leave out the rest of you cunts.

Last edited by opsec (2015-10-24 22:55:18)

#16 2015-10-25 00:53:41

FidoNet issued its first policy document in 1985 spelling out its basic methods and organization in detail. There were only two social proscriptions. No illegal enterprise and the admonition, "Do not be excessively annoying and do not become excessively annoyed."

The network's methods and software would play a pivotal role in Czechoslovakia's 1989 Velvet Revolution.

Last edited by choad (2015-10-25 00:54:36)

#17 2015-10-25 01:50:36

opsec wrote:

I don't understand why calling a man a penis is considered derogatory.  I consider myself a fairly self-aware person, and I don't think "a penis with a highly advanced penis-support system" is a particularly bad description of the organic meat-bag that I am.  Not like a try to own that in public.

I took the same commute to work on the bike Friday morning, and yup seems I left about 20' of back tire as horizontal graffiti.  I blame the devastating PTSD for buying an 1100 Sabre today.  The theory is that I can almost pay for it by selling what I'll market on Craiglist as the DeerSlayer.  Admittedly optimistic theory.

In conclusion, stop belaboring the obvious and calling us penises and dicks.  Don't take umbrage when you're called a dick or a penis.  Let's face it, you're all dicks.

EDIT:  I just realized how incredibly gender insensitive this post was and I apologize.  I didn't mean to to leave out the rest of you cunts.

Dick.

#18 2015-10-25 08:18:32

choad wrote:

The network's methods and software would play a pivotal role in Czechoslovakia's 1989 Velvet Revolution.

Hmmm.  How so?  I don't know that bit of history.

#19 2015-10-25 10:51:45

whosasailorthen wrote:

choad wrote:

I can only verify a small part of this story so it's possible the after action report I read was entirely fanciful. No telling what spooks will say to justify their next budget. What I do know is a pallet load of new USRobotic modems shipped to Prague accompanied by sequentially addressed fido boot floppies and hey, presto, instant network for the (almost) complete idiot. The 360 kb 5¼‑inch disks were limited to auto send/receive but high density 1.2 MB disks held full deal.

#20 2015-10-25 11:35:03

choad wrote:

whosasailorthen wrote:

choad wrote:

I can only verify a small part of this story so it's possible the after action report I read was entirely fanciful. No telling what spooks will say to justify their next budget. What I do know is a pallet load of new USRobotic modems shipped to Prague accompanied by sequentially addressed fido boot floppies and hey, presto, instant network for the (almost) complete idiot. The 360 kb 5¼‑inch disks were limited to auto send/receive but high density 1.2 MB disks held full deal.

Interesting.  I was living in communist Czechoslovakia for a time around then... I was working for IBM and I was eveloping the Czech code page for DOS.  I never saw that, but I can imagine it may have happened.

#21 2015-10-25 14:11:29

opsec wrote:

I didn't mean it to be derogatory.
Everyone was wondering where Fnord is, I was trying to call him in.
He likes the penis.

It is the same as me saying "treat" to my dog.

By the way, I am glad you didn't get smashed on the road.

#22 2015-10-25 18:00:14

opsec wrote:

http://morningafter.gawker.com/amy-schu … 1737195275

#23 2015-10-25 18:29:13

George Orr wrote:

http://morningafter.gawker.com/amy-schumers-ode-to-cum-1737195275

Board footer

cruelery.com