#1 2016-08-16 15:37:27

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/spyvsspy3.png

~ click ~

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#2 2016-08-19 22:50:12

I was never a comic book kid, I was the nerd always reading ABCs (Aszimov, Bradbury, Clarke, etc), but Spy vs Spy was by far the best thing about Mad Magazine when I was a young.  I think the drawing style was one of the things that made it stand out, which is odd because I had no appreciation for visual art until my mid teens.

#3 2016-08-21 00:00:12

opsec wrote:

I was never a comic book kid, I was the nerd always reading ABCs (Aszimov, Bradbury, Clarke, etc), but Spy vs Spy was by far the best thing about Mad Magazine when I was a young.  I think the drawing style was one of the things that made it stand out, which is odd because I had no appreciation for visual art until my mid teens.

I also loved the Drawn Out Dramas by Sergio Aragonés.  I wouldn't even pay much attention to them when I read through the magazine, but then I'd do the re-read just to find all the great little cartoons.  I read the ABBCs (Asimov, Bova, Bradbury, Clark).  Ben Bova's "The Dueling Machine", when I was young, was the first Science Fiction book that really took me somewhere else.

#4 2016-08-25 12:04:36

Baywolfe wrote:

opsec wrote:

I also loved the Drawn Out Dramas by Sergio Aragonés.  I wouldn't even pay much attention to them when I read through the magazine, but then I'd do the re-read just to find all the great little cartoons.  I read the ABBCs (Asimov, Bova, Bradbury, Clark).  Ben Bova's "The Dueling Machine", when I was young, was the first Science Fiction book that really took me somewhere else.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P … uXdGQjJgaM

Board footer

cruelery.com