#2 2018-01-31 17:04:46

I wonder if any of them thought of the irony of plowing into a bunch of working class guys whilst they were on their way to highbrow festivities and deal making.

3 working guys/stiffs moving garbage.

#3 2018-01-31 18:24:28

SpacePuppy wrote:

I wonder if any of them thought of the irony of plowing into a bunch of working class guys whilst they were on their way to highbrow festivities and deal making.

I lamented this event all day, at work.  I felt helpless because I couldn't go out and help bury the survivors.

#4 2018-01-31 23:03:09

Don't worry Progressives (misnomer4sure) chance dictates a "person of color" may have been operating that truck...keep your "race cards" within reach.

Last edited by JetRx (2018-01-31 23:06:29)

#5 2018-02-01 07:22:28

JetRx wrote:

Don't worry Progressives (misnomer4sure) chance dictates a "person of color" may have been operating that truck...keep your "race cards" within reach.

Dude this is so much more fun if you hate both sides like I do.

#6 2018-02-01 13:39:47

SpacePuppy wrote:

The ones that were doctors got off the train and assisted the wounded.  I hate the Republican Party (and the Democratic Party), I don't necessarily hate Republicans.

#7 2018-02-01 14:26:40

Don't ignore the oxymoron of Republicans on Mass Transit.

#8 2018-02-01 15:10:56

Emmeran wrote:

Don't ignore the oxymoron of Republicans on Mass Transit.

Remember, it's a "private" Amtrak train. The congress certainly gets favorable treatment by Amtrak because they authorize most of it's budget. We taxpayers just pay for it (like we do every year, again and again). But don't worry, Trump is going to solve the problem by simulateously cutting Amtrak's budget and accelerating it's infrastructure improvements.

#9 2018-02-01 15:43:01

GooberMcNutly wrote:

But don't worry, Trump is going to solve the problem by simulateously cutting Amtrak's budget and accelerating it's infrastructure improvements.

A lot of those chickens of contradiction are going to be coming home to roost as the days go on. Oh...and you didn't even note that he's made it even more difficult for states to raise the money to fund infrastructure programs by getting rid of the federal tax deduction for SALT, and otherwise penalizing high tax states.

Cutting taxes is always fun initially. It's like when you get a new credit card and you get to spend up to the limit, and it doesn't hurt at all. Not at first.

Board footer

cruelery.com