#2 2010-09-28 21:30:33

I’ve heard Dave Emory or Mae Brussell talk about almost all 33.

#3 2010-09-28 22:12:49

Pure gold that.

And why would anyone think they could corrupt Smedley "the fighting Quaker' Butler?  Two time MoH winner and the most decorated serviceman ever before WW-II.  Smedley is a Marine Corps legend and this article truly depicts why.

Thanks for that...

#4 2010-09-28 22:34:31

Smedley is one of my heroes.  YES.

#5 2010-09-29 09:47:21

.Operation Mockingbird: Also in the 1950s to '70s, the CIA paid a number of well-known domestic and foreign journalists (from big-name media outlets like Time, The Washington Post, The New York Times, CBS and others) to publish CIA propaganda. The CIA also reportedly funded at least one movie, the animated "Animal Farm," by George Orwell.

I'm still trying to figure out what they were trying to get by that. Animal Farm explicitly warns against the kind of top-down agitprop that the CIA was peddling world-wide in the 70's. I gotta go see if Netflix has it, I guess it needs another look-see.

I recently donated my second copy of War Is A Racket to my local public library when I discovered that they didn't have a copy in the whole county. He was right then, and he is right now. War is the spearhead for the final invasion by corporate interests.

That was a great list, but if they were going to put the Bohemian Grove and Illuminati on there, they might as well put Area 51 and other nutty stuff. I would label it "25+ conspiracy theories that are true and some that are true, but not because they are conspiracies".

#6 2019-03-22 11:53:27

One of my favourite Orwell quotes:

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” - George Orwell

Check This:
https://www.orwelltoday.com/readerriflequote.shtml

http://cloudfront-assets.reason.com/assets/mc/_external/2015_01/george-orwell.jpg

#7 2019-03-22 13:41:00

But how to un-pervert that from today's NRA?

#8 2019-03-22 13:43:52

and also - how truly fitting that a "New World Order Report" now takes me directly to Facebook.  Fucking 2112 brought to life...

#9 2019-03-22 18:24:39

Emmeran wrote:

Well, knowing the number of Leftist/Left Leaning Libertarians (read Anarchist) who are armed/or are arming, quite well. Affinity Groups abound.  It may get way too interesting impov.

#10 2019-03-22 19:48:53

Not that unlike what  went down in 1968 up in the hills of Northern California where people trained and interacted with other groups of like minds. The Black Panthers had a farm for training a few miles down the road.

https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/image/transf/none/path/sb5a277b993e28bed/image/i062b521160340cc5/version/1502144714/image.png
Check out that Magpul 50 round attached to that classic AR with the tricked out butt stock.
https://www.redneckrevolt.org/principles

Last edited by SpacePuppy (2019-03-22 20:14:08)

#11 2019-03-22 20:39:37

SpacePuppy wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Well, knowing the number of Leftist/Left Leaning Libertarians (read Anarchist) who are armed/or are arming, quite well. Affinity Groups abound.  It may get way too interesting impov.

Since the alt-right 2nd Amendment gun nuts can't recognize a Tyrant when they see one, it looks like it's going to take an alt-left gun nut to perform their civic duty for us.

#12 2019-03-22 21:48:25

Baywolfe wrote:

Since the alt-right 2nd Amendment gun nuts can't recognize a Tyrant when they see one, it looks like it's going to take an alt-left gun nut to perform their civic duty for us.

I get queasy at the thought of armed conflict here.  Yet, I monitor Right Wing sites, and lots of people are pressing for it.  Forewarned.

#13 2019-03-22 22:11:57

Baywolfe wrote:

SpacePuppy wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

They only see a tyrant when the NRA tells them someone wants to take their guns.

#14 2019-03-27 10:40:27

The NRA has lost connection with all of it's grassroots and has been that way since the coup of 77. It's spent the last 40 years cranking up the marketing machine on the behalf of the trade groups that provide a vast percentage of it's funding. Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt have been it's product and the market has been buying. It's lobbying arm, the ILA, has exactly zero scruples or even any driving policy concerning the 2nd amendment, mostly buying and selling the wrath of it's motivated masses.

The money machine works like this:

1) Lawmakers propose a restriction on gun rights directly after some tragedy, so it gets plenty of attention.
2) NRA riles up it's membership. Gets a few memberships, maybe a couple of donations, doesn't matter.
3) Gun manufacturers sell lots of new guns.
4) Gun manufacturers "donate" some of the proceeds to the non-profit ILA. Some more gets "invested" into trade associations that buy lots and lots and lots of advertising in the sales catalogs masquerading as the monthly magazines of the NRA and very expensive trade show space at the NRA annual convention.
5) Because the ILA is now flush, they can use that to "influence" law makers to do a little more *nothing* than they usually do, for the profit of all involved. New restrictions quietly die or are valiantly fought down, depending on the status of the election year and/or negative news.
6) Wait either 2 years or one mass shooting, wash, rinse, repeat.

I've been a member through all that and used to live around the corner from the NRA HQ in Fairfax and shot at it's range every week. I've always said that it is sad that the largest group of organized, politically motivated voters in the country are organized around such an unimportant issue. Imagine if they were all crying for a balanced budget or solar power or mars rockets or whatever. Instead we gotta go fight a 250 year old debate like a bunch of Talmudic scholars, accomplish nothing and ending up back where we started. Guns are a fact of life and will never be wished away, criminals aren't deterred by incidental crimes and minor laws don't concern them, so if we can all agree that, we might be able to come to some middle ground, but I doubt it. The FUD machine is too strong and too well organized on this issue.

#15 2019-03-27 11:35:54

There are post that stick out in my mind over the years, this being one of them. Nicely put Goober.

Grew up with the NRA, and guns as our family were military and hunters.... didn't pay much attention to them really. Later on, I married a beautiful woman from Britain who was horrified by what was collecting dust in my closet.  Had to take the Springfiel 1917 up to my parents house in the mountains where it was promptly sold by wacko mum ("you weren't using it!")

I have shot a few guns since, and the damndest thing, right around one of the most liberal cities in the US every gun range requires you to join the NRA if you want to be a member.  Coercion, plain and simple. 

All the gun owners I know personally are liberals except the one friend who lives up in Washington whose family were members of the Bund back when, and whose belief system still follows it. (Regardless, on most counts a decent person.)  Anyway, liberals.  They are all aghast at the current state of affairs, and it is like 1968/69 with them.  Arming up, talking about burying caches of ammo and weapons like was done back when.  Extremist, who are afraid there will not be an election in 2020.  The reverse of what is promulgated in the media of what a typical gun owner is.

I think it will work out, but that is me.  It perhaps is the Daoist studies early on.  Sit tight, stay here and now and stop jabbering about your fears.

Cheers,
Dusty.

GooberMcNutly wrote:

The NRA has lost connection with all of it's grassroots and has been that way since the coup of 77. It's spent the last 40 years cranking up the marketing machine on the behalf of the trade groups that provide a vast percentage of it's funding. Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt have been it's product and the market has been buying. It's lobbying arm, the ILA, has exactly zero scruples or even any driving policy concerning the 2nd amendment, mostly buying and selling the wrath of it's motivated masses.

The money machine works like this:

1) Lawmakers propose a restriction on gun rights directly after some tragedy, so it gets plenty of attention.
2) NRA riles up it's membership. Gets a few memberships, maybe a couple of donations, doesn't matter.
3) Gun manufacturers sell lots of new guns.
4) Gun manufacturers "donate" some of the proceeds to the non-profit ILA. Some more gets "invested" into trade associations that buy lots and lots and lots of advertising in the sales catalogs masquerading as the monthly magazines of the NRA and very expensive trade show space at the NRA annual convention.
5) Because the ILA is now flush, they can use that to "influence" law makers to do a little more *nothing* than they usually do, for the profit of all involved. New restrictions quietly die or are valiantly fought down, depending on the status of the election year and/or negative news.
6) Wait either 2 years or one mass shooting, wash, rinse, repeat.

I've been a member through all that and used to live around the corner from the NRA HQ in Fairfax and shot at it's range every week. I've always said that it is sad that the largest group of organized, politically motivated voters in the country are organized around such an unimportant issue. Imagine if they were all crying for a balanced budget or solar power or mars rockets or whatever. Instead we gotta go fight a 250 year old debate like a bunch of Talmudic scholars, accomplish nothing and ending up back where we started. Guns are a fact of life and will never be wished away, criminals aren't deterred by incidental crimes and minor laws don't concern them, so if we can all agree that, we might be able to come to some middle ground, but I doubt it. The FUD machine is too strong and too well organized on this issue.

#16 2019-03-27 13:35:07

Rich liberals hire other people to tote guns and, in places like California, whine to have the restrictions on said gun toting removed.  They do, however and wisely by my thinking, want guns out of the hands of the unwashed masses.

Which is why the gun loving GOP conservatives will regret their position someday when the masses feel betrayed and come for them.

Why does this feel like 1968 all over again?

Last edited by Baywolfe (2019-03-27 13:35:57)

#17 2019-03-27 14:38:46

Honestly, I just want to ban the sale of NEW auto-loading/self-cocking weapons.  We have enough semi-auto's thank you very much.  We don't need new double-action pistols either.  Choose the date and anything manufactured after that date is illegal to sell.  (Word it as you must but each shot should require one physical action before pulling the trigger.)

The value of existing pieces will slowly increase and we'll still have far too many weapons running around but it's at least a start.

(Or maybe we could require an auto-safe between rounds requiring you to flip the safety-switch again on a semi-auto/double-action?)

#18 2019-03-27 16:31:46

Baywolfe wrote:

Why does this feel like 1968 all over again?

Well, the fear of civil strife on the main.  I knew people who were in the pre-Weatherman phase, and also ex members of the BLA from New York, Panthers, etc.  Some of us, had to actually defend ourselves with weapons against some of the entrenched locals who did not like what they thought were long hair invaders.  Memories are short now days about the situations then.  Drive by shootings at buildings near the roads, people being shot at in their VW vans, rocks through windows, beatings.  Not unlike a lot of what is going on now.

Board footer

cruelery.com