#1 2019-09-12 13:10:32

I am generally loathe to agree with someone from the GOP, but we are on a course from what I can see of dismantling the Constitution, which mind you has been under attack esp with the 4th amendment, 1st, etc. for several years... we should not approach any of this without consideration:

#2 2019-09-12 13:55:33

That does seem like a dip-shit liberal law except that Trump is in favor of it.  Some states already have a form of this.  As with everything, it probably started off as a good idea with specific aims and then everybody had to add their two cents (think of what the Affordable Health Care Act was supposed to be, not how it ended up).

#3 2019-09-12 21:35:56

SpacePuppy wrote:

I am generally loathe to agree with someone from the GOP, but we are on a course from what I can see of dismantling the Constitution, which mind you has been under attack esp with the 4th amendment, 1st, etc. for several years... we should not approach any of this without consideration:

Here's someone else talking about it in greater depth:

#6 2019-09-15 01:31:46

AR lowers, $50 in town...word has it folks pick up five or six...build up some variants. 

Just wait until these "laws" are "tweaked" and used on the nit-wit proponents.

#7 2019-09-15 13:57:29

We should be licensing people to own guns.  We do it with driving, hunting, and fishing.  Different class licenses based on age, experience, and background checks.

Also, maybe it's time to re-institute the draft for everybody men and women. Mandatory two years service, no exceptions.  Hell, after boot camp they can all do military peace corps work for all I care.  In exchange they get the GI Bill and maybe even some college credit depending on what they do.

#8 2019-09-15 16:39:43

We can't do that. Well, at least not till congress funds the CDC to handle the outbreak. The epidemic of bone spurs that will break out within the 1% will be crippling!

#9 2019-09-15 17:28:23

Baywolfe wrote:

We should be licensing people to own guns.  We do it with driving, hunting, and fishing.  Different class licenses based on age, experience, and background checks.

Also, maybe it's time to re-institute the draft for everybody men and women. Mandatory two years service, no exceptions.  Hell, after boot camp they can all do military peace corps work for all I care.  In exchange they get the GI Bill and maybe even some college credit depending on what they do.

I'll tell you what, cleaning your damn weapon every day for two years will cure most of this gun-mania.  Fucking hate shooting weapons because then I have to clean them, blanks are the absolute worst.

#10 2019-09-15 18:39:30

Baywolfe wrote:

I think I agree with you here.  I think the Gun Rights Lobby would claim that this is an infringement, but the constitution does say "well regulated militia."

If I want to make my gun friends go nuts, I offer the following:
Every firearm should be registered and insured (like a car).
Every firearm owner should be licensed. (licensing gun owners sounds like regulating the militia, maybe)
If you think your right to own is being infringed by the tax of registration and insurance, then the authorities should be able to waive those fees on the first firearm.

If anything should be a right, it should be driving a car.  Not having a license limits employment and freedom of movement in some respects.

#11 2019-09-15 21:13:20

Platymingo wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

I think I agree with you here.  I think the Gun Rights Lobby would claim that this is an infringement, but the constitution does say "well regulated militia."

If I want to make my gun friends go nuts, I offer the following:
Every firearm should be registered and insured (like a car).
Every firearm owner should be licensed. (licensing gun owners sounds like regulating the militia, maybe)
If you think your right to own is being infringed by the tax of registration and insurance, then the authorities should be able to waive those fees on the first firearm.

If anything should be a right, it should be driving a car.  Not having a license limits employment and freedom of movement in some respects.

I agree on the insurance thing, but it kinda screws the poor smuck from the bad side of town trying to protect his family.  Pro-rated perhaps.

Licensed, meh.  Training, classes? Not a bad idea.  I remember once upon a time that the NRA was a feed in school to ROTC, military.

I am for a draft, universally speaking that isn't just military, but which benefits the society as a whole. 

Bring back Civic Classes, FFS.

Do you really trust the Gov't to do any of this well?

Last edited by SpacePuppy (2019-09-15 21:14:39)

#12 2019-09-15 21:16:02

Platymingo wrote:

I completely agree.  I see why our founding fathers put that 2nd Amendment in, they probably expected something like the War of 1812 (even though that was OUR fault not England's) but can we all please just admit it's a dumb-ass law in this modern age and is actually more vulnerable to grief in long run due to Unenumerated Rights.  If the 2nd Amendment were ever repealed then what legal standing would they have to own even one gun?  If they point out the 5th Amendment's right to property clause, then why did they ever need the 2nd Amendment?

Board footer

cruelery.com