#1 2021-02-17 08:42:05

Texas’ power grid manager, the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, said Wednesday morning that electricity had been restored to 600,000 homes and businesses by Tuesday night but that 2.7 million households were still without power.

You gotta love it when their moniker bites their nuts hard, fucking DIY Texas can't even handle a little cold.  Power distribution failed because they got cheap and didn't winterize the facilities properly.

#2 2021-02-17 11:03:49

Emmeran wrote:

Texas’ power grid manager, the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, said Wednesday morning that electricity had been restored to 600,000 homes and businesses by Tuesday night but that 2.7 million households were still without power.

You gotta love it when their moniker bites their nuts hard, fucking DIY Texas can't even handle a little cold.  Power distribution failed because they got cheap and didn't winterize the facilities properly.

That's exactly right, they failed to prepare for the cold because it costs extra money.  El Paso is on the Western grid instead of the Texas Grid, we had single digit temperatures ten years ago causing similar problems.  After that El Paso Electric ponied up for block heaters for their generators, etc. just like the places where cold happens.  The cold the last few days caused no problems here.  I bet you'll see that start to happen in the rest of Texas after this.

#3 2021-02-17 12:24:31

Isn't De-Regulation grand!!

Oh gee, they capped the price spike at $9,000; unregulated capitalism is the bestest for the average citizen...

https://www.cruelery.com/uploads/11_ercot.jpg

#4 2021-02-17 16:17:27

Texas should make a deal with the Mexicans to build a nuclear reactor 2 miles south of the border and "buy" electricity from their Mexican subsidiaries, neatly sidestepping the US Nuclear Regulatory Council.

#5 2021-02-18 14:05:19

If we could just kill replace all of the GOP in Austin (and Washington DC), we could start solving some basic human rights issues here.

#6 2021-02-20 08:15:38

https://i.ibb.co/y0TRByf/Ted-s-Not-So-Escellent-Adventure.jpg

Last edited by Fled (2021-02-20 08:16:59)

#7 2021-03-02 16:40:33

Our retarded Governor is going to open up Texas on March 10 because, Texans have "mastered the daily habits to avoid getting Covid,".

I'm not sure in what universe these "Texans" live in, since many haven't even yet mastered being a decent human being in this one.

#8 2021-03-02 19:25:44

Here's my favorite part:

Gov. Asshat wrote:

"People and businesses don't need the state telling them how to operate."

Clearly they do. I mean, look what happens otherwise.

Board footer

cruelery.com