#1 2021-08-19 17:12:39

I really do not know where to begin with this one.

But we better figure it out before they do.

#2 2021-08-19 20:22:40

I'm all about the advancement of science but, maybe, there's some places that need to be burnt to the ground right now?

#3 2021-08-19 23:20:20

They're just inviting this.
https://cruelery.com/uploads/72_vlcsnap-2017-08-17-20h44m58s715.png

#4 2021-08-20 00:45:25

On the other hand, as I get older, things I once considered impossible myself seem more likely. I always thought myself a pretty grounded man, salt of the earth, attached to what I have. But with age come the pains of realizing I just made all that up, it was all in my head after all, and with what can only be ever new pains in the extremities, maybe I am not as attached to this body as I once was. If all the good stuff came from how I considered it, how I thought about the experiences, couldn't I do that in a petri dish well enough, Granted, as it where, only with just the right input and stimulation. Mind over matter, we are what we think after all. And most of what I got anymore is what I have come to think of things. That only sounds bleak, I actually spend most days having good thoughts and positive realizations as I overlook my experience.

I am not sure what a bad day would look like in the petri dish, but if left alone to stew in the good juices, it can't be as bad as what happens by nature of existence to much life on the planet.

#5 2021-08-20 14:57:36

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

On the other hand, as I get older, things I once considered impossible myself seem more likely. I always thought myself a pretty grounded man, salt of the earth, attached to what I have. But with age come the pains of realizing I just made all that up, it was all in my head after all, and with what can only be ever new pains in the extremities, maybe I am not as attached to this body as I once was. If all the good stuff came from how I considered it, how I thought about the experiences, couldn't I do that in a petri dish well enough, Granted, as it where, only with just the right input and stimulation. Mind over matter, we are what we think after all. And most of what I got anymore is what I have come to think of things. That only sounds bleak, I actually spend most days having good thoughts and positive realizations as I overlook my experience.

I am not sure what a bad day would look like in the petri dish, but if left alone to stew in the good juices, it can't be as bad as what happens by nature of existence to much life on the planet.

Honestly, what's the difference between our brains and those in the petri dish?  The notion that we are egos wrapped with skin is absurd and their existence is probably every bit as valid as ours.  We're all a mix of chemicals and perception.

Last edited by Baywolfe (2021-08-20 14:58:00)

Board footer

cruelery.com