#2 2022-07-27 17:47:56

mmm, Every time Dusty posts these advisements, and I do so appreciate being made aware of this shite, it leaves me unsettled. Not because of the dark subject, I can look at it unvarnished at this age, but it raises my hackles that this just can not be all there is to it.

So it can never be stopped, the cycles we are locked to will continue, we do not get to escape the wheel,  but still,
there will also rise another way. It just will not be ours.

The Kids Are Having None Of It

...The form will take reflection from the time

All you deal is fear, the easy way to steal
The likes of you should never hold the wheel

Always a mistake, to underestimate
watch them now, they’re stepping to the plate

The kids are having none of it
The kids are having none of it
They can’t be bought, they can’t be taught your hate

#3 2022-07-27 18:04:21

That is such a great song.  I will be sharing it out.
I am not one to live in despair, though the times seems to hint at it. 

We can, and will do better.

Dusty.

#4 2022-07-27 22:53:16

At least this time, the revolution will abso-fucking-lutey be televised.

#5 2022-07-28 07:26:16

One third say they think it will be necessary, but it will be far fewer who actually volunteer.  Interestingly, that is what happened to John Brown.  Lot's of people supported abolition but few actually showed up to put their lives on the line with him.  Will it end up being a battle fought by opposing far ends of the spectrum? 

Great song, by the way.  Here's another.

#6 2022-07-28 11:14:28

DmtDusty wrote:

That is such a great song.  I will be sharing it out.
I am not one to live in despair, though the times seems to hint at it. 

We can, and will do better.

Dusty.

You just keep posting the way you do, it is an eyeopener to the current times and an education into the history of civil strife. I have never seen those pictures from past conflicts before.

More importantly, it makes me seriously consider what else is out there for hope as we seem to stand teetering on the edge of civil unrest. Surrounded by those who would seek to push us one way or the other for their own gain.

And that consideration is of great value to me. I am now more actively out and about talking to people about strife.  And looking for the ways folks can engender more humanity amongst ourselves.

#7 2022-07-28 11:41:40

It is all in the conversation.  I engage with people of all stripes, and I seem to piss off liberals the most, and the occasional conservative.

It does us no good to hide our heads in the sand, or sit on our hands, we have to engage with the world. I am too old for this shit, but I will also do my best to avert the possible coming violence, or I will protect my family and community.  I prefer that we avert, because with no real state borders like the last bit of bs, we have a population that is highly mixed.

#9 2022-07-29 22:16:56

You're not wrong.  I was just discussing with my son how voting is considered a privilege by a certain faction in this country, instead of a right, obligation, and duty.

#10 2022-07-30 15:21:53

https://i.redd.it/floi35wfole91.jpg

Board footer

cruelery.com