#1 2023-02-16 17:12:08

My good friend Mike Crowley's new book: Wonderful stuff. His lectures are stellar. His knowledge on the subject, whoa.

https://prodimage.images-bn.com/lf?set=key%5Bresolve.pixelRatio%5D,value%5B1%5D&set=key%5Bresolve.width%5D,value%5B600%5D&set=key%5Bresolve.height%5D,value%5B10000%5D&set=key%5Bresolve.imageFit%5D,value%5Bcontainerwidth%5D&set=key%5Bresolve.allowImageUpscaling%5D,value%5B0%5D&set=key%5Bresolve.format%5D,value%5Bwebp%5D&source=url%5Bhttps://prodimage.images-bn.com/pimages/9781644116692_p0_v1_s600x595.jpg%5D&scale=options%5Blimit%5D,size%5B600x10000%5D&sink=format%5Bwebp%5D

A guide to psychedelics and Buddhist practice

• Presents guidance and techniques for Buddhists who wish to incorporate psychedelics into their practice as well as for psychonauts who are interested in the maps of inner space provided by Buddhism

• Explores the use of psychedelics in Buddhist practice, sharing the kind of spiritual experiences that can be gained with each

• Describes meditation techniques, with special attention being given to the generation of the Four Positive Attitudes
In this user’s guide to psychedelic Buddhism, Lama Mike Crowley presents techniques for Buddhists who wish to incorporate psychedelics into their practice as well as for psychonauts who are interested in the maps of inner space provided by Buddhism. The author details how psychedelics have led to spontaneous awakening experiences, such as “Indra’s net” and universal voidness, that were once thought to be available only to advanced meditators. He explores the use of psychedelics, such as LSD and psilocybin mushrooms, in a Buddhist context, sharing the kind of spiritual experiences and benefits that can be gained with each. The author also looks at the use of psychedelics encoded in Vedic and Buddhist scriptures, particularly in the Vajrayāna tradition, from the Middle Ages until the present day.
Presenting an informed summary of Buddhism for psychonauts, the author explores the key beliefs of Buddhism, the life of the Buddha, and the practices followed in various yānas, or paths. He describes meditation techniques, with special attention being given to the generation of the Four Positive Attitudes: loving-kindness, compassion, sympathetic joy, and equanimity, each being taken from their personal to their universal forms. He looks at Buddhist symbols, ceremonies, deities, and initiations, as well as psychic powers in Buddhist tradition, and how these ideas and practices can be used in the exploration of the inner realms of consciousness.

Providing a complete guide to integrating psychedelics into Buddhist practice, this book reveals how the ancient Buddhist teachers discovered their universal maps of consciousness and how you can use their wisdom to guide your journey.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/psyche … 1644116692

Last edited by DmtDusty (2023-02-16 17:12:39)

#2 2023-02-16 18:08:57

Looks interesting, I pre-ordered it.  Not sure I am interested in the psychedelics, but I'm a big fan of better meditation techniques.

#3 2023-02-16 18:52:41

Baywolfe wrote:

Looks interesting, I pre-ordered it.  Not sure I am interested in the psychedelics, but I'm a big fan of better meditation techniques.

Mike is the real deal. It is beautifully written, illustrated. Worth your time!

#4 2023-03-14 20:45:38

DmtDusty wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

Mike is the real deal. It is beautifully written, illustrated. Worth your time!

Got it today.  I love his narrative voice, talking to instead of talking down, and doesn't think his audience are idiots.  And I love the illustrations, I didn't expect the color plates in the middle.  I don't know how long it'll take me to read it, I only seem to have a few discretionary hours during the work week and more, but not enough, on the weekends.

#5 2023-03-14 21:47:07

I am glad you picked it up. Second alert today on someone getting a copy. I have known Mike for 20 years, a good and sincere person.

Board footer

cruelery.com