#1 2023-05-27 15:40:22

Who didn't see this coming? Other solutions?

#2 2023-05-27 17:29:47

I can't blame them, if you're in a perceived "Liberal" area (and we all know what that means) you're more likely to get shot at by outsiders right now, who knows what another loss next year would do.  On the other hand, the scorpion has already started stinging itself so we could witness final convulsions.  I tend to overthink this shit, what would the millions of cultists be most likely to do if Donald doesn't make it to the Throne as they expect?  They're every bit as likely to wander away with that glazed look in their eyes they have after every grift ends, as they are to go full Zombie.

This is where Harry Seldin's psychohistory might have started failing, with a global human population 8 billion, you have too complex an organism to predict anything more than local trends.

#3 2023-05-27 18:26:03

We have a nest of Proud Boys no more than 2 miles from here. I have encountered them at local Supermarket, and in our neighborhood. I of course look like any old fart now days so on the main they ignore me, though their behaviour is pretty sucky locally. They are a subject of discussion with a couple of neighbors, who are of like mind, and who one who is armed, a hunter, etc., Union guy... just a bit younger than I... The discussions are straightforward, tactics, etc.

I am not a fan of this timeline, but I have watched it evolve from Nixon down, and Reagan kicked it into high gear. I felt the creep of it ever since, and when the Patriot Act came in, I knew it was just a matter of time on so many levels.

I think we have been lucky so far. I am of the mind that people should be prepared for fuckwittery. Better to be overly cautious, than to get caught unable to defend family, friends, neighbors.

My Two Cents.

#4 2023-05-29 06:56:14

It is not hard to imagine the mid set of the PBs finding an authoritarian like DeSantis very appealing.  Same for Mike Flynn and the Oathers.  You are right in tracing this back through the antecedents, which may help is seeing how it is likely to evolve.

#5 2023-05-29 15:41:44

It goes back really to when Wall Street tried to convince Smedley Butler to overthrow Roosevelt. This period is but the latest iteration of Right Wing/Fascist Fuckwittery... Look up the history, you'll see such notables as the Bush family being involved all that long ago.

Today's Game Is Called: "Spot the Terrorist".

https://i.redd.it/ftlm1kxoxl2b1.png

Board footer

cruelery.com