#1 2024-10-07 15:12:18

I am sure that voting helps, but it seems like ignorance is a steady state in this part of the universe. I still vote, though I am largely discouraged by it all. I vote because this guy votes. Someone has to counter people who can't even figure out spellcheck...

https://i.imgur.com/z9epFRr.png

#2 Yesterday 14:55:01

Near the end of his life George Carlin started advocating not voting at all since nothing useful ever gets done anyway.  He died in 2008 and was spared this insane clown posse shit-show we've had since June 16, 2015.  Once the Republican moral house of cards collapsed, they gave up any pretense of governing and serving and substituted ruling instead.  As much as I don't want Donald to win, I even more so don't want the Marjorie Taylor Greenes or Lauren Boeberts or Ted Cruises of their party to win either.  I'm still shocked they got rid of George Santos, I thought for sure he was going to be the poster-boy for the new shit-show. "Vote for Santos, why deal with the truth when an avalanche of lies will work as well."

I have some sympathy for centrist or progressive Republicans but they ain't getting a vote out of me unless they change parties.  The plan is simple, replace all or most of the Republicans with Democrats, then replace most of the Democrats with more progressive Democrats.  I only voted for Joe Biden because he wasn't Trump which, coincidentally, is why I'm voting for Harris.  Although Harris is 18 years younger than Donald, so that's a bonus!

#3 Yesterday 17:10:23

Shit show rumblings out here in Cascadia. After past episodes in my ancient youth with the powers that be, and as well being harassed online recently I am very cautious.

I want ya'll to be safe.

D

#4 Today 09:59:44

DmtDusty wrote:

Shit show rumblings out here in Cascadia. After past episodes in my ancient youth with the powers that be, and as well being harassed online recently I am very cautious.

I want ya'll to be safe.

D

The guy who made a fortune shorting the subprime mortgage market, Michael Burry, now invests in water.

Board footer

cruelery.com