#1 2008-05-23 01:14:50

Don't say I told ya so....Santogold is the next big thing, MIA move yo' skank ass over...
The entire album is fucking brilliant.  Yeah, I know the vid stalls, go fucking buy it or watch it on that queer channel, Logo...

BTW O+, you have monkey sex with your "girlfriend" Listening to KMFDM, so, don't think you have a valid opinion about anything regarding music.

Last edited by Lurker (2008-05-23 01:17:06)

#2 2008-05-23 02:22:12

Lurker wrote:

Don't say I told ya so....Santogold is the next big thing, MIA move yo' skank ass over...
The entire album is fucking brilliant.  Yeah, I know the vid stalls, go fucking buy it or watch it on that queer channel, Logo...

BTW O+, you have monkey sex with your "girlfriend" Listening to KMFDM, so, don't think you have a valid opinion about anything regarding music.

Wow, Turkey. You like that crap? You really are braindead.

#3 2008-05-23 04:01:17

Lurker wrote:

You are ignoring posts from this user [Show post]

#4 2008-05-23 04:23:33

I can say I hope it will be worth what I give up
If I could stand up mean for the things that I believe

What am I here for
I left my home to disappear is all
I'm here for myself

I love love love this -- reminds me of the Psychedelic Furs' "Love My Way," except they were proto-emo pussies (below) who would have feared being bitch-slapped by any of the fems in the video above.

Love my way
It's a new road
I follow where
My mind goes

Last edited by tits_matilda (2008-05-23 04:44:02)

#5 2008-05-23 05:47:17

tits_matilda wrote:

What am I here for
I'm here for myself

I love love love this -- reminds me of the Psychedelic Furs' "Love My Way," except they were proto-emo pussies (below) who would have feared being bitch-slapped by any of the fems in the video above.

Love my way
It's a new road
I follow where
My mind goes

Tits, the Furs brought us a few great songs, like Love My Way, Imitation of Christ and President Gas. Their nihilism and cynicism were accentuated by a deliberate tension between light and dark tonalities, which generally (but not always) kept them from descending entirely into pop music hell. The crap above is pure pop music, retro-'80s style. Comparing it to the Furs is a bad idea.

Last edited by WilberCuntLicker (2008-05-23 06:04:16)

#6 2008-05-23 09:24:09

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

tits_matilda wrote:

What am I here for
I'm here for myself

Love my way
It's a new road
I follow where
My mind goes

Tits, the Furs brought us a few great songs, like Love My Way, Imitation of Christ and President Gas. Their nihilism and cynicism were accentuated by a deliberate tension between light and dark tonalities, which generally (but not always) kept them from descending entirely into pop music hell. The crap above is pure pop music, retro-'80s style. Comparing it to the Furs is a bad idea.

You're going to have to elaborate, emphasizing your critique of the newfangled, or else it's gonna be time for pansy polyrythm.

#7 2008-05-23 10:45:15

tits_matilda wrote:

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

tits_matilda wrote:

What am I here for
I'm here for myself

You're going to have to elaborate, emphasizing your critique of the newfangled, or else it's gonna be time for pansy polyrythm.

That would mean listening to it again, and that I simply cannot bear to do. As for the pansified polys, bitch, I double-dog dare you.

#8 2008-05-23 11:04:23

Here, I'll start. This oughta clear the air a little.

Last edited by WilberCuntLicker (2008-05-23 13:32:32)

#9 2008-05-23 11:24:03

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

Dude, come on.  Everybody knows the story of the SeX PiStolS.  They were as steered, engineered and packaged as the fucking Monkees, for God's sake.

I still like plenty of their stuff (this one in particular) but that's certainly no badge of rebel "cred."

Shee.

P.S.  You're spot-on about the Psychedelic Furs' schizo hops between the soft squoogy romantic and the scary dark.  My affection for the Furs abides--I still listen to that stuff.

Last edited by George Orr (2008-05-23 11:27:42)

#10 2008-05-23 11:29:19

You are all wrong

#11 2008-05-23 11:40:08

George Orr wrote:

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

Dude, come on.  Everybody knows the story of the SeX PiStolS.  They were as steered, engineered and packaged as the fucking Monkees, for God's sake.

I still like plenty of their stuff (this one in particular) but that's certainly no badge of rebel "cred."

You're 100% right, George. I just wanted something rash and juvenile and noisy to drown out the crappy music that started this thread. And what the hell...it's a pretty good anthem and it sounds great in poly.

Last edited by WilberCuntLicker (2008-05-23 13:33:22)

#13 2008-05-23 11:48:39

it's a pretty good anthem

Agreed--but as anthems go, this is the one that reminds me of those days:

#14 2008-05-23 12:58:53

George Orr wrote:

it's a pretty good anthem

Agreed--but as anthems go, this is the one that reminds me of those days:

Well...since we're playing...I still love my Stiffs Live vinyl...including this:

#16 2008-05-23 13:07:02

Oh, God, how I love StiffsLive (or is it LiveStiffs?  I could never get that straight).  There is so much goodness...Elvis segueing from Bacharach/David to "Miracle Man"...The awesome that is "I Knew The Bride"...

After I lost my vinyl copy I spent years searching around for a CD.  I finally found an import through a third party on Amazon.  It was a bit pricey but I feel warm knowing that it is once again mine.

#17 2008-05-23 13:16:40

George Orr wrote:

Oh, God, how I love StiffsLive (or is it LiveStiffs?  I could never get that straight).  There is so much goodness...Elvis segueing from Bacharach/David to "Miracle Man"...The awesome that is "I Knew The Bride"...

After I lost my vinyl copy I spent years searching around for a CD.  I finally found an import through a third party on Amazon.  It was a bit pricey but I feel warm knowing that it is once again mine.

Sadly I can't find Wreckless Eric doing Semaphore Signals or Reconnez Cherie...well...I can...but he's a hundred years old and it just ain't the same. Also...this thread is ready for shooting...but I have to say G.O....I'm starting to like you....

#18 2008-05-23 13:22:03

http://shamshield.com/1207270853661[1].jpg

Opening this thread sounds like a Boredoms song.

#19 2008-05-23 22:03:05

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

Willie, George is right, they were the fucking Monkees re-animated, a little more entertaining.
Don't fucking try to tell someone who was at their LAST concert about the Pistols. 
You really are a fucking idiot.

#20 2008-05-23 22:05:48

George Orr wrote:

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

Shee.

P.S.  You're spot-on about the Psychedelic Furs' schizo hops between the soft squoogy romantic and the scary dark.  My affection for the Furs abides--I still listen to that stuff.

Willie, George is right, they were the fucking Monkees re-animated, a little more entertaining.
Don't fucking try to tell someone who was at their LAST concert about the Pistols. 
You really are a fucking idiot.

#21 2008-05-23 22:10:04

pALEPHx wrote:

Lurker wrote:

You are ignoring posts from this user [Show post]

oh pale, you finally had your first period!  When's the brist?  but then, your music tastes ""accreted with Pet Shop Boys"  This shit is perfect for you....

Last edited by Lurker (2008-05-23 23:49:21)

Board footer

cruelery.com