• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Free Ellen DeGeneres' adopted-and-then-given-away dog!

#1 2007-10-16 15:23:01

I almost cried along with her.

#2 2007-10-16 15:32:55

WOW.  AHAHAHAH

BEST VIDEO EVER.

I'm assuming she thought because her name was Ellen Degeneres, she didn't have to follow the adoption papers she signed.

Woops...sorry!  Follow the rules next time.  What's the big issue, let the family go in and re-adopt it.  Unless there is some reason they aren't fit for having the dog...then there should be no problem.  And it shouldn't be an issue of money since Ellen could easily pay the re-adoption fees.  What's 3 grand anyhow to her, if she loves animals as much as she claims.

WAAAH.

#3 2007-10-16 17:38:11

Much as I hate to be perceived with agreeing with Ellen D. on something, we looked into "pet adoption" when we got the kids a dog a couple months ago.  We had to agree to an "in-home study" and to allow someone to "survey our property" to make sure it was a safe habitat for the dog.  I got a real ugly look when I said to the lady "Ummm... we are talking about a dog here, right?"

We found a puppy on Craig's List instead.

#4 2007-10-16 20:24:25

Zookeeper wrote:

Much as I hate to be perceived with agreeing with Ellen D. on something, we looked into "pet adoption" when we got the kids a dog a couple months ago.  We had to agree to an "in-home study" and to allow someone to "survey our property" to make sure it was a safe habitat for the dog.  I got a real ugly look when I said to the lady "Ummm... we are talking about a dog here, right?"

Nice going Michael Vick

#5 2007-10-16 20:34:53

Zookeeper wrote:

The Cocker Spaniel we got on craigslist bit my older son over a dropped frozen Stouffer's French Bread Pizza. He drew blood. The little fucker was lucky I didn't drop him off near Spring Mountain (Vegas' Chinatown). He's with my friend being "re-educated". We now have a nonviolent Boxer who understands that she'll be an ingredient in a bowl of Vietnamese pho soup if she so much as farts in the wrong direction.

The moral of this little story? Don't look for your dream home, next relationship or pets on craigslist.

#6 2007-10-16 20:42:51

sofaking wrote:

The Cocker Spaniel we got on craigslist bit my older son over a dropped frozen Stouffer's French Bread Pizza. He drew blood.

That is extreme considering it was just a frozen Stouffer's.  Now if someone were to drop my Pappa John's pizza on the floor I'd draw blood too.

#7 2007-10-16 20:49:10

Zookeeper wrote:

sofaking wrote:

The Cocker Spaniel we got on craigslist bit my older son over a dropped frozen Stouffer's French Bread Pizza. He drew blood.

That is extreme considering it was just a frozen Stouffer's.  Now if someone were to drop my Pappa John's pizza on the floor I'd draw blood too.

Papa John's already tastes like someone dropped it on the floor.

#8 2007-10-16 20:51:45

sofie wrote:

The Cocker Spaniel we got on craigslist bit my older son over a dropped frozen Stouffer's French Bread Pizza. He drew blood. The little fucker was lucky I didn't drop him off near Spring Mountain (Vegas' Chinatown).

Understandably . . .

sofie wrote:

He's with my friend being "re-educated".

Send the little Bastard to me for a week.  I'll knock some fucking sense into him.  Hell, it's just common sense.  Once it hits the floor, it's every beast for them-self.

#9 2007-10-16 21:41:54

sofaking wrote:

The moral of this little story? Don't look for your dream home, next relationship or pets on craigslist.

You're really cutting into my action here:  http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longi … _headlines

#10 2007-10-16 22:17:15

The dog adoption agency called the police?  And threatened to go to the media to ruin her?  Remind me to get a puppy from a neighbor’s litter if I ever decide I need a dog.  Considering how many puppies are put down every year because there is no home available, I think adoption groups are overplaying their hands to demand an “in home study” and “property survey” before parting with their overabundant commodities.

#11 2007-10-16 22:27:17

fnord wrote:

The dog adoption agency called the police?  And threatened to go to the media to ruin her?  Remind me to get a puppy from a neighbor’s litter if I ever decide I need a dog.  Considering how many puppies are put down every year because there is no home available, I think adoption groups are overplaying their hands to demand an “in home study” and “property survey” before parting with their overabundant commodities.

I actually adopted my 2 cats from the Defender's of Animal Rights shelter nearby.  They did put me through a good questionairre... but other than that, and agreeing to proper vet care/shots...they were great.  The cats are great...they were kittens when I got them.

At least all shelters aren't retarded.

#12 2007-10-16 22:35:29

Roger_That wrote:

I actually adopted my 2 cats from the Defender's of Animal Rights shelter nearby.  They did put me through a good questionairre... but other than that, and agreeing to proper vet care/shots...they were great.  The cats are great...they were kittens when I got them.

Wait, didn't you have get SatanCat there too?

#13 2007-10-16 22:41:15

Martha Stewart provides a nice contrast - absolutely flat affect while her guest discusses clinical depression & suicide.

#14 2007-10-16 22:41:56

opsec wrote:

Roger_That wrote:

Yes I did.  I tried to not mention him.  2 out of 3 were cats are great.  Satan Cat was my fault, because he was older and already set in his ways.  I should have stuck with the kittens. That is why he has 2 pellets in his ass.  (Not from me).  I still love him, but goddamn if he isn't evil.

He is Satan Cat.  Yes, he is.

#15 2007-10-16 22:48:38

Roger_That wrote:

opsec wrote:

Roger_That wrote:

Yes I did.  I tried to not mention him.  2 out of 3 were cats are great.  Satan Cat was my fault, because he was older and already set in his ways.  I should have stuck with the kittens. That is why he has 2 pellets in his ass.  (Not from me).  I still love him, but goddamn if he isn't evil.

He is Satan Cat.  Yes, he is.

Rog's kitties:

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2484/kittensinsult9qjfo4.jpg

#16 2007-10-16 22:49:37

More like...

#17 2007-10-17 04:32:58

Roger, could you bring me and a few others up to speed on Satan Cat?  Is he your feline love child from your relationship with Poopcorn who has never gotten over the split?

Last edited by fnord (2007-10-17 04:59:04)

#18 2007-10-17 05:05:00

sofaking wrote:

Or roommate.   I learned that one the hard way.  After trashing the house and destroying all of my shit (intentionally), she disappeared without paying the rent and has never been seen again.

#19 2007-10-17 05:40:38

tojo2000 wrote:

...she disappeared...and has never been seen again.

I see.  Don't worry, your secret is safe on the internets!

#20 2007-10-17 08:58:50

fnord wrote:

Roger, could you bring me and a few others up to speed on Satan Cat?  Is he your feline love child from your relationship with Poopcorn who has never gotten over the split?

Yeah, sorta.  Poopcorn and I adopted him.

#21 2007-10-17 10:09:22

sofaking wrote:

Jesus, sofie, the kid was just trying to get his pizza back.

Last edited by scsotdc (2007-10-17 10:34:25)

#22 2007-10-17 10:16:12

Hi scotty!!!

#23 2007-10-17 10:23:29

George Orr wrote:

Hi scotty!!!

Hullo, GO.  How's things?

#24 2007-10-17 10:30:41

scsotdc wrote:

sofaking wrote:

Jesus, sofie, the kid was trying to get his pizza back.

The fucked thing was that the dog didn't go after the pizza. He went after my kid's leg.

He also humped reeeeaaaalllly bad. I would fuck with my son and tell him to invite his little girlfriend over "because I was bored". The dog would start humping the moment she walked through the door.

Oh, the lulz...but fuck that inbred craigslist piece of shit dog.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6195/luke2ft1.jpg

#25 2007-10-17 10:32:38

I hate cocker spaniels.  They are mean, nasty dogs.

#26 2007-10-17 10:33:55

sofaking wrote:

He also humped reeeeaaaalllly bad. I would fuck with my son and tell him to invite his little girlfriend over "because I was bored". The dog would start humping the moment she walked through the door.

You never kicked me out for such behavior.

#27 2007-10-17 10:43:59

Roger_That wrote:

I hate cocker spaniels.  They are mean, nasty dogs.

Totally. And he was a purebred without AKC papers, which means he was probably inbred.  Cute as hell, but how would that have later justified a maimed toddler?

He was like a grumpy, horny old man-puppy.

#28 2007-10-17 10:48:05

scsotdc wrote:

sofaking wrote:

You never kicked me out for such behavior.

Bahahaha!

This is the fun of Bad Word Substitution. I was trying to convey the word

Foxtrot

Uniform

Charlie

Kilo

Echo

Delta

Read the first letter (but you know to do that, brat).

#29 2007-10-17 11:04:38

This became unavoidable, earlier this morning. I give it until this weekend before someone in a blond wig is under a blanket, whining "Leave my doggie alone."

#30 2007-10-17 11:57:52

scsotdc wrote:

Things is not bad so far...Possible relo in my near future, which is desired.

I loves me this High-Street.  It's not (yet) blocked at work, which Cruel of course was.

#31 2007-10-17 13:21:07

George Orr wrote:

scsotdc wrote:

Things is not bad so far...Possible relo in my near future, which is desired.

I loves me this High-Street.  It's not (yet) blocked at work, which Cruel of course was.

Well if Cruel was blocked I would have looked for a new job as well.  Taking half of Husbands® stuff with you when you go?

Last edited by scsotdc (2007-10-17 13:21:19)

#32 2007-10-17 13:57:11

scsotdc wrote:

Taking half of Husbands® stuff with you when you go?

Heh.  Husband™ will never escape my clutches.  He's coming with, if it happens.

#33 2007-10-17 15:17:37

kim

apparently they dont give pets to familys with kids that are under 14 years old. the hairdressers kids are like 12 and 9 or some shit. you would think some crazy bitch at a shelter could just .. let this ONE go ...

and I think Ellen has some deep rooted issues that she needs to address. I wish that a situation like that was the only thing to give me "a hard day"

the only thing i do like about Ellen, which isn't even Ellen, is her lezbot partner porcia and only because she was on arrested development of course

#34 2007-10-17 16:16:48

kim wrote:

apparently they dont give pets to familys with kids that are under 14 years old. the hairdressers kids are like 12 and 9 or some shit. you would think some crazy bitch at a shelter could just .. let this ONE go ...

Take your logic and go home.  Am I mistaken or do you still owe us condiment covered C-cups?

Last edited by scsotdc (2007-10-17 16:17:02)

#35 2007-10-17 16:27:59

Ok, I'm sorry.  I love animals, but Ellen was WRONG.  She ignored the 2 rules of her adoption contract...no kids under 14, and you can't give your adopted animal away.

She read the rules and signed them.  She should have followed them.  I hate when celebrities try to use their clout to ignore the same rules that the rest of the world has to follow.

And I do like Ellen, her show, and animals...but rules are there for a reason.  Break them for her, they have to break them for everyone.  Sorry Ellen, stop crying like a baby on national TV and having your publicist call and threaten the shelter.  That is real mature.  Not to mention all the retards emailing and calling the Shelter with death threats and bomb threats!  WTF, get a life people.

Really.

#36 2007-10-17 16:33:42

The best part is how Ellen handles the situation by encouraging her audience to harass the adoption agency, which is run by a couple of women from their pet store.

She's got $65 million dollars, and *that* was the best idea she had for payback?

Things are a lot different here in Florida with pets. When we get our cats from the shelter, they said take as many as you can carry and feed the ones you don't want to stray gators.

#37 2007-10-17 16:47:27

rcade wrote:

The best part is how Ellen handles the situation by encouraging her audience to harass the adoption agency, which is run by a couple of women from their pet store.

She's got $65 million dollars, and *that* was the best idea she had for payback?

Things are a lot different here in Florida with pets. When we get our cats from the shelter, they said take as many as you can carry and feed the ones you don't want to stray gators.

Yeah, I mean really.  Although I think hearing her whine about how she spent 3 grand on the dog was pretty pathetic.

I'm not saying I agree with the shelter's rules...hell they should be trying to FIND homes for the animals not deprive them of one.  But my point is she feels she doesn't have to follow the rules...likely because of who she is.

The shelters around here almost always have a buy one get one free deal on cats.  Hell mine was buy one get 2 free...I've been trying to give SatanCat(tm) back for a year, and they won't have him.

#38 2007-10-18 00:07:30

Roger_That wrote:

The shelters around here almost always have a buy one get one free deal on cats.

That's nothing.  In Argentina I once got two baby chickens for buying a jumbo pack of toilet paper.

#39 2007-10-18 02:18:36

Fuck.

#40 2007-10-18 06:07:31

Well, on the bright side, no one's belabored the point that Ellen and Portia make a wonderful, loving home for the adoption of small, needy beasts. I give someone like Mann Coulter another day or two to peg that observation.

#41 2007-10-18 06:27:15

Roger_That wrote:

Although I think hearing her whine about how she spent 3 grand on the dog was pretty pathetic.

She also paid a vet extra to take the dog home and sleep with it, rather than keep it overnight in the office kennel.

That's a conversation rife with potential for Three's Company-style misunderstanding.

Ellen: Would you sleep with the dog for an additional fee?

#42 2007-10-18 08:22:24

rcade wrote:

She also paid a vet extra to take the dog home and sleep with it, rather than keep it overnight in the office kennel.

That's a conversation rife with potential for Three's Company-style misunderstanding.

Ellen: Would you sleep with the dog for an additional fee?

Yeah, I almost choked when I heard them say she paid the vet extra to 'sleep' with the dog.

People have no self respect anymore.  heh.

#43 2007-10-19 15:12:07

rcade wrote:

Mission Accomplished!

The agency's owners complained of receiving death threats over the dispute.

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Free Ellen DeGeneres' adopted-and-then-given-away dog!

Board footer

cruelery.com