#2 2008-07-21 10:54:27

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/11_mssc.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#3 2008-07-21 10:56:20

Why look, it's white people behaving badly. As a loyal reader of HS news, your Mr. Fnord had me convinced all crime was due to black people!

#4 2008-07-21 11:19:25

pALEPHx wrote:

Why look, it's white people behaving badly. As a loyal reader of HS news, your Mr. Fnord had me convinced all crime was due to black people!

A cheap shot, pENIx. Fnord is certainly a racist, but he's not an idiot. His social critique is biased, and his desire for racial isolation is untenable, but his arguments are generally well-articulated and deserve better than glib ridicule.

#5 2008-07-21 11:38:52

I still do not believe Fnord is actually racist. I think he is HS's world class champion troll. My proof is in his name.

#6 2008-07-21 12:20:04

orangeplus wrote:

I still do not believe Fnord is actually racist. I think he is HS's world class champion troll. My proof is in his name.

If proof is nomenclatural, then you're either an all purpose cleaner, or an alcoholic.

#7 2008-07-21 12:24:13

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

If proof is nomenclatural, then you're either an all purpose cleaner, or an alcoholic.

Fnord's name has a far more storied history than mine own. My name comes from the terrorist warning color chart. After they released the chart some govt flunky suggested on TV that they needed another status between red (shit is currently hitting the fan) and orange (shit's about to hit the fan). He called it Orange Plus, which to me is the moment right before you get your shit blown up. I liked it, I kept it.

Now I don't know where the Fnords are, and neither am I willing to suggest that they are actually there. If you understand this, than perhaps you might understand why I believe the Fnord persona is just that.

#8 2008-07-21 12:51:51

orangeplus wrote:

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

Fnord's name has a far more storied history than mine own. My name comes from the terrorist warning color chart. After they released the chart some govt flunky suggested on TV that they needed another status between red (shit is currently hitting the fan) and orange (shit's about to hit the fan). He called it Orange Plus, which to me is the moment right before you get your shit blown up. I liked it, I kept it.

Now I don't know where the Fnords are, and neither am I willing to suggest that they are actually there. If you understand this, than perhaps you might understand why I believe the Fnord persona is just that.

Interesting on both counts.

some online dictionary wrote:

fnord
1. A word used in electronic mail and news messages to tag utterances as surrealist mind-play or humour, especially in connection with Discordianism and elaborate conspiracy theories. "I heard that David Koresh is sharing an apartment in Argentina with Hitler. (Fnord.)" "Where can I fnord get the Principia Discordia from?"
2. A metasyntactic variable, commonly used by hackers with ties to Discordianism or the Church of the SubGenius.
The word "fnord" was invented in the "Illuminatus!" trilogy by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson.

If you're right, someone is putting years and years of effort into an extremely subtle mind-fuck. To me that's beyond trolling, and into either art or social engineering.

#9 2008-07-21 13:08:03

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

If you're right, someone is putting years and years of effort into an extremely subtle mind-fuck. To me that's beyond trolling, and into either art or social engineering.

And would be completely awesome. We should delete this thread so we don't ruin it for anyone else.

#10 2008-07-21 13:34:39

I wonder if submitting Fnord's posts, which we now have to think of as code, to entropy analysis would reveal any underlying artificiality. If I had the maths background I'd go for it.

#11 2008-07-21 13:42:36

All these years I've been complicit with the subtle machinations of some insidious plan. I feel so violated.

#12 2008-07-21 13:48:33

Hail Eris, all Hail Discordia

#13 2008-07-21 15:59:08

I've always associated "fnord" with Discordianism, but have never heard it uttered by a Subgenii, at least not without a modicum of contempt.

#14 2008-07-21 17:31:11

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

Sounds more like OCD to me.

#15 2008-07-21 20:26:29

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

A cheap shot, pENIx. Fnord is certainly a racist, but he's not an idiot.

Calling Fnord a racist is like calling you an overly wordy, self-aggrandizing cuntbag. Both sobriquets barely scratch the surface of all that magic you each bring. And I never implied he was an idiot, only that the rest of our readership (90% of which remains silent) would do well not to think of him as so terribly one-note. The jury's still out on you tho.

#16 2008-07-21 20:41:02

cakefart

#17 2008-07-21 20:42:23

opsec wrote:

at least not without a modicum of contempt.

Have you ever heard a subgenii utter anything (except "Praise Bob") without a modicrum of contempt?

#18 2008-07-21 20:57:28

pALEPHx wrote:

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

Calling Fnord a racist is like calling you an overly wordy, self-aggrandizing cuntbag. Both sobriquets barely scratch the surface of all that magic you each bring. And I never implied he was an idiot, only that the rest of our readership (90% of which remains silent) would do well not to think of him as so terribly one-note. The jury's still out on you tho.

For your pleasure a bag o' cunts. Cuntbag is redundant.

bagofcunts

#19 2008-07-21 21:03:47

pALEPHx wrote:

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

More cheap shots. You calling me wordy is amusing, considering the source. I challenge you to prove that I'm self-aggrandizing. Your perception is probably based on my self-confidence, which is solid in many arenas, but overall, when I reach the limit of my knowledge or abilities I am never loathe to own up and/or back down. We'll ignore the "cuntbag" epithet, for now, chalking it up to your seldom-expressed but innate and occasionally obvious misogyny.  As for the charge of being one-note: laughable. I range the universe while you watch TV. You'll have to do better to ruffle my feathers, dear pENIx.
P.S. (You're exactly like Hitler.)

Last edited by WilberCuntLicker (2008-07-21 21:04:29)

#20 2008-07-21 21:18:04

shagnasty wrote:

Cuntbag is redundant.

Point taken. Gee, if only everyone else was as clear and direct...

#21 2008-07-21 22:31:34

pALEPHx wrote:

shagnasty wrote:

Cuntbag is redundant.

Point taken. Gee, if only everyone else was as clear and direct...

If this festering pool of miscreants were more clear and direct it wouldn’t' be worth the visit. The voluminous volume of vile verbiage is interesting to pick through. There are pearls to be plucked and stored in my Cruel Nuggets document that is now about three years old. Great source for wordsmithing for other texting. Why create when you can steal from the best, sickest or both?

#22 2008-07-21 23:00:30

Apologies for getting back to the actual subject but, after having to live in Columbia, SC for almost two years, the existance of the whole fucking state should be called into question.

#23 2008-07-21 23:41:35

shagnasty wrote:

Why create when you can steal from the best, sickest or both?

I have some idea what you're talking about.

#24 2008-07-22 00:40:16

orangeplus wrote:

My name comes from the terrorist warning color chart. After they released the chart some govt flunky suggested on TV that they needed another status between red (shit is currently hitting the fan) and orange (shit's about to hit the fan). He called it Orange Plus, which to me is the moment right before you get your shit blown up.

Ah, I'd always assumed it was the infomercial cleaner thing.

Truly, though, the highest color on any terror scale should be brown.

Board footer

cruelery.com