#51 2008-08-11 12:16:46

Decadence wrote:

ptah13 wrote:

[Again, I doubt there would ever be a law to punish a false-accuser, I'm just saying there should be.

Yeah, actually, there is; But, it never seems to be enforced (And, with "good reason" - Be-Cause, how in the hell would you expect the likes of Nancy Grace to "fill time" on such a subject).

Fuck every-body.  I didn't land on society - Society land on my ass.  Yeah, I'm just going to start drinking early to-day.

I hate Nancy Grace more than any other semi-famous person on Earth.

#52 2008-08-11 12:45:25

Decadence wrote:

ptah13 wrote:

[Again, I doubt there would ever be a law to punish a false-accuser, I'm just saying there should be.

Yeah, actually, there is; But, it never seems to be enforced (And, with "good reason" - Be-Cause, how in the hell would you expect the likes of Nancy Grace to "fill time" on such a subject).

Fuck every-body.  I didn't land on society - Society land on my ass.  Yeah, I'm just going to start drinking early to-day.

People tend to attract people with similar interests and temperaments. Therefore, if you find yourself surrounded by assholes... Think about it--you're the only constant in all those relationships, right? I mean, the girls I know are all decent, stand-up chicks.

Oh, and don't lecture me about getting out more, and then stay home on a Monday getting wasted.

#53 2008-08-11 12:58:11

ah297900 wrote:

People tend to attract people with similar interests and temperaments. Therefore, if you find yourself surrounded by assholes... Think about it--you're the only constant in all those relationships, right? I mean, the girls I know are all decent, stand-up chicks.

Oh, and don't lecture me about getting out more, and then stay home on a Monday getting wasted.

Whoa . . .  Hey . . .  I got "wasted" on Sun-Day.  I can't be held responsible for any residual affects.

And, fine, they may seem like "decent, stand-up chicks;" But, again, you're young still.  You've still a few years be-fore reality closes in.

#54 2008-08-11 14:04:39

Decadence wrote:

Vie est le chienne et tu morturi.

Change the last part to un mariage.  I wouldn't go as far as "bat-shit insane, manipulative cunts."  We don't think the same way.

#55 2008-08-11 14:23:35

Decadence wrote:

And, fine, they may seem like "decent, stand-up chicks;" But, again, you're young still.  You've still a few years be-fore reality closes in.

There are exactly two kinds of women: Trouble and Big Trouble.

#56 2008-08-11 14:23:41

There has to be a point of no return (and no calling off the jam) after which any intimidation or abuse is not punishable as a sex crime, but as assault and/or battery.

#57 2008-08-11 14:26:14

Zookeeper wrote:

"Rapist" carries one of the worse stigmas a man can be branded with. It follows him for life.  Nobody should be branded a rapist unless they damn well are guilty of being one.

Must you always use the most aggressive, graphic, opposite situation to suggest a proof for your point? Dragged into the bushes...sheesh. I was just trying to get a little head.

headkicker_girl wrote:

You're playing semantics.

No, I'm playing 'Trouble.' It's your turn to pop the bubble.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/robbtufts/game-trouble.jpg

#58 2008-08-11 15:08:18

pALEPHx wrote:

Zookeeper wrote:

"Rapist" carries one of the worse stigmas a man can be branded with. It follows him for life.  Nobody should be branded a rapist unless they damn well are guilty of being one.

Must you always use the most aggressive, graphic, opposite situation to suggest a proof for your point?

We are talking about rape.  That's the kind of image that immediately comes to mind for most people when they think of rape.  Branding somebody a rapist doesn't prompt people to think of them as someone who "kept going an extra 30 seconds when she was done and he wasn't".

#59 2008-08-11 16:47:35

Zookeeper wrote:

headkicker_girl wrote:

ptah13 wrote:

The standards used for prosecution currently, for the most part, are wise. I'm only talking about that rare occasion when it is PROVEN that it is a situation of false accusation.

It won't happen because it would still have a chilling effect on women who might think that they won't be believed.  Also, how do you "prove" a false accusation without videotape?

Witnesses at the party.  Friends of hers who testify about conversations with her where she bragged about making it up.  Etc.  Come on, examples of these are right here in the thread...

You're missing the point.  Those situations are rare.

#60 2008-08-11 18:22:51

tojo2000 wrote:

Zookeeper wrote:

headkicker_girl wrote:

It won't happen because it would still have a chilling effect on women who might think that they won't be believed.  Also, how do you "prove" a false accusation without videotape?

Witnesses at the party.  Friends of hers who testify about conversations with her where she bragged about making it up.  Etc.  Come on, examples of these are right here in the thread...

Actually, there have been many cases where a woman's accusation was proven false by her own statements to people she knows.  Idiots tell their friends of their crimes all the time.  Women aren't exempt from this phenomena. 

Where it can't be established that she's lying nothing should be pursued.  When it can be established she should do the time that he would have done had she succeeded.  Rare or not has nothing to do with the point.

Last edited by Zookeeper (2008-08-11 18:26:15)

#61 2008-08-11 18:23:35

tojo2000 wrote:

Zookeeper wrote:

headkicker_girl wrote:

How do you know that? The two situations I talked about (not the one that happened when I was in high school) happened within 2 months of each other. Neither situation was reported anywhere in the news.

#62 2008-08-11 18:28:33

ptah13 wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

Zookeeper wrote:

How do you know that? The two situations I talked about (not the one that happened when I was in high school) happened within 2 months of each other. Neither situation was reported anywhere in the news.

Well for starters, my anecdotal evidence is just as valid as yours, so there.

Secondly, I mean situations in which someone accuses someone else of rape and then tells a whole group of witnesses about it and/or records that fact on video tape.

#63 2008-08-11 18:36:43

tojo2000 wrote:

From the same people who brought you such "cuddly" terminology as "acceptable losses" and "friendly fire."  But, no, I'm "with you" here, Man.  Those damned innocents have had it too good for too long.  So, yeah, as long as we're imprisoning those bastards who dare to consume marijuana in the privacy of their own home, why not every-body with a phallus who made the miss-take of partaking in sexual inter-course with some bat-shit, crazy, cunt (If you'll fore-give my redundancy).

#64 2008-08-11 18:41:47

Decadence wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

From the same people who brought you such "cuddly" terminology as "acceptable losses" and "friendly fire."  But, no, I'm "with you" here, Man.  Those damned innocents have had it too good for too long.  So, yeah, as long as we're imprisoning those bastards who dare to consume marijuana in the privacy of their own home, why not every-body with a phallus who made the miss-take of partaking in sexual inter-course with some bat-shit, crazy, cunt (If you'll fore-give my redundancy).

Didn't anyone ever tell you not to post while drunk?  What are you talking about?  I'm talking about how hard it is to prove that someone maliciously accused someone of rape.

Last edited by tojo2000 (2008-08-11 18:41:59)

#65 2008-08-11 19:14:06

tojo2000 wrote:

I'm talking about how hard it is to prove that someone maliciously accused someone of rape.

People are proven innocent of committing rape.  Sometimes they are proven innocent by proving they were someplace else at the time the rape is claimed to have taken place.  Sometimes the accuser confides to others the charge is bogus.  However it is accomplished or however rare it happens what exactly is your problem with the false accuser having to do the time she was trying to make the innocent guy do?

#66 2008-08-11 19:19:09

tojo2000 wrote:

Didn't anyone ever tell you not to post while drunk?

Yeah - But, I tend not to pay much attention to my detractors.

Tojo wrote:

What are you talking about?  I'm talking about how hard it is to prove that someone maliciously accused someone of rape.

Ah - I apparently miss-read that as you're defending the "guilty until proven innocent" climate which seems so dominate in society.  So, where in the fuck am I expected to direct this pent-up anger at this point?

#67 2008-08-11 19:45:39

tojo2000 wrote:

ptah13 wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

Well for starters, my anecdotal evidence is just as valid as yours, so there.

Secondly, I mean situations in which someone accuses someone else of rape and then tells a whole group of witnesses about it and/or records that fact on video tape.

Ok, sorry about that.

I misunderstood.

#68 2008-08-11 19:49:01

Also, this shouldn't cause victims to not report rape.

If Jim rapes Sally and Sally reports it, Jim won't be able to prove he was somewhere else.

Only the false accusers need to worry about about it.

#69 2008-08-12 14:58:51

I'm not surprised that this thread has gone to 2 pages. The word "rape" itself has many definitions, interpretations, and connotations, especially in modern English. The Urban Dictionary alone has over 12 pages of entries.

#70 2008-08-12 15:58:28

ptah13 wrote:

Also, this shouldn't cause victims to not report rape.

If Jim rapes Sally and Sally reports it, Jim won't be able to prove he was somewhere else.

Only the false accusers need to worry about about it.

I think the reporting deterrent issue is that a common legal defense has been to impeach the creadibility of the rapee and paint her as a false accuser. Paint her as a loose women of low morals who would easily lie.
Today's society has decided to balance justice by not pursuing accussers who's stories do not hold up in testimony in all but the most egregious perjurious cases. But in the past I have heard stories that women victims faced withering scrutiney by police and prossecuters who submitted her claims to disbelief in the process of vetting them.

Of course there are other ways to handle this. Some other modern societies put the thumb on the other side of the scales. I would imagine that Saudi Arabia is blessedly free of reported rapes.

Last edited by Johnny_Rotten (2008-08-12 16:04:37)

#71 2008-08-12 16:14:20

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

I would imagine that Saudi Arabia is blessedly free of reported rapes.

You would be wrong. Of course, in Saudi Arabia, as in many other Muslim societies, it's the rape victim who is often harshly punished  -- sometimes even killed -- for consorting with men whilst unmarried, or for committing adultery (if she is married at the time of the assault), or God knows what other draconian BS can be pinned on her.

#72 2008-08-12 16:39:29

karenw wrote:

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

I would imagine that Saudi Arabia is blessedly free of reported rapes.

You would be wrong. Of course, in Saudi Arabia, as in many other Muslim societies, it's the rape victim who is often harshly punished  -- sometimes even killed -- for consorting with men whilst unmarried, or for committing adultery (if she is married at the time of the assault), or God knows what other draconian BS can be pinned on her.

Jesus, I hope you're not casting judgment on another culture based on your own, privileged Western perspective. You're in a college town; you should know that you can't do that.

I may have misjudged you, you... you... postcolonialist! [gasp]

#73 2008-08-12 17:00:58

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/415_deadhorse.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#74 2008-08-12 19:09:28

ah297900 wrote:

I may have misjudged you, you... you... postcolonialist! [gasp]

Please.  The correct scholarly term is "ethnocentrist".

#75 2008-08-12 20:28:33

https://cruelery.com/img/ivegotthepussy.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#76 2008-08-12 21:27:32

ah297900 wrote:

Jesus, I hope you're not casting judgment on another culture based on your own, privileged Western perspective.

It wasn't a blanket statement; if you notice, I used the words "many" and "often" to qualify my remarks.

(who, me? splitting hairs? never!)

Board footer

cruelery.com